- CyberGR-MOD|NS.NGN ver. 14 Hybrid Mix ICS
**CyberGR-MOD|NS-NGN ICS version 14 Hybrid Mix (Tropical Hurricane) is finally here with lots of changes, many additions and all ICS features working fully TWEAKED, really FAST, SMOOTH and STABLE..**
- Built-on 4.0.4 IMM76I Sources and some of the latest parts of CyanogenMOD 9 + AOKP
- Kernel Base : Thalamus 3.0.34_r1 Credits to Thalamus (You can still flash what ever kernel you want.)
- Android version 4.0.4 - IMM76I
- Radio : free (you can flash which is best for you and your area, or stay with what u have now)
- All the features till now supported from CM9 builts + AOKP
- SD-Nand Card I/O Speedtweaks - EXT4 | Ram Tweaks
- All Ezekeel`s Mods *BLN|BLD|BLX|LIVEOC*
- NSTools by arifhn Integrated to easily configure all the above Mods
- Overclock able up to 1400Mhz + Extra Boost with LIVEOC
- Zipaling on boot
- Zipaling all apps for better Ram usage
- Fully Deodexed
- Rooted and Busyboxed
- Fast times on Reboots & Boots
- 3G/HSDPA Tweaks
- Init.d scripts support
- Cron scripts support
- Full GPU HW accelaration
- Newest Host File (Ads.remove)- 95%+ of ads are now blocked
- Tweaked Trebuchet Launcher2.apk + 2 new wallpapers
- New HD ICS Galaxy Nexus Boot Animation
- Dev Tools + Spare Parts
- CyberGR-MOD Control App (Massive thanks to RomanBB and Open Kang Team for letting me use those source code.)
- Voodoo Control App
- Debugging notification hide tweak
- Working Media Effects under Video Recorder Settings
- Facebook Sync hack
- T9 Dialler
- Hold back to kill application
- Touch to focus on camera app.
- Quad lockscreen and Octo lockscreens
- Battery percentage
- Enhanced Power Menu
- Multi language
- Control music with volume keys while screen is off
- Power menu toggles
- Newest Android Market and Google Music 4 ICS + MusicFX
- Car Home Included | Modified Calculator with scientific functions | ES File Explorer by EStrongs | ICS Sounds with +2db Boost |
ROM Manager | Google Maps & Earth| Google+ & Messenger | Font Installer|
- And more..
- What`s working : EVERYTHING!
- A clean install is recommended to avoid any FC etc.
- Download CyberGR-MOD.NS.NGN_ver.14*.zip file to your computer.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery
- From main menu select wipe data/factory reset and wipe/cache partition
- Use Dalvik-wiper.zip to wipe Dalvik Cache.You can get it from here : Link 1 or here : Link 2
- From advanced select reboot recovery
- After rebooting recovery wipe data/factory reset & cache again and then from mounts and storage select format /system /data /cache /boot & format /sdcard.
- Now select from mount and storage, mount USB storage and copy over to your Nexus S storage the CyberGR-MOD.NS.NGN_ver.14*.zip file.
- Detach the USB CABLE from your Nexus S.
- From main menu select install zip from sdcard then choose zip from storage
- Select CyberGR-MOD.NS.NGN_ver.14*.zip and proceed with the setup.
- When done!Reboot your device
- First boot as expected might be slow but nothing to worry about, its normal.After first boot, before doing anything a reboot is recommended.(fixes misplaced CyberGR-MOD wallpaper in Ver.14 too)
PS : 1. First time NSToolls will ask you for superuser permissions, be careful to press ALLOW, then it will come up with a notification saying "some settings have been discarded" blah blah, don`t worry it`s absolutely normal!!Just open NSTools, configure and reboot!!
2. Be careful don`t wipe battery stats, do it only if you want to calibrate your battery!!
3. Clean Install for Version 14 as always is recommended...Although if you are coming from Version 12 a simple Wipe Cache + Dalvik Cache and optionally wipe data/factory reset will just do the job!
4. First start up might take a little bit longer this time.It`s 100% Normal.
5. WARNING -- > If you want to try and change FONTS on your system using the Font Installer App included in CyberGR|MOD just be sure to make a NANDdroid back up 1st via CWM Recovery..95% of the fonts working just perfect but there is a 5% that maybe cause an infinity Boot Loop on your system!For Customaa & Corsiva fonts have been reported to cause the problem i mentioned above.
- I hate number 13 that's why i jumped over Version 14 directly!So don`t search for Version 13 at all..!! ;)
- From CyberGR|MOD Web Site : http://thesmartphonechamp.com/cybergrmod-for-nexus-s/
Huge thanks to user Canca14 and thesmartphonechamp.com web site for offering me an FTP host and the opportunity to have a CyberGR|MOD web page!
- Download from FTP : Link
(Huge thanks to user S7icky for offering me an FTP server for hosting CyberGR|MOD ICS Updates)
- Download from xdafileserver : Link will be added.
(Thanks to user Korumera for hosting on xdafileserver.nl)
- For overclock capabilities and to make use of the BiggerMem (~400mb of RAM) please flash one of the latest Trinity (T132-NS-ANY-201210708 for example), Matrix or Air Kernel.
MD5 Hash : D4B7DC045DDDAD1968EA5827D823AC85
Extras for Version 14 :
- SuperCharger for Version 14 : Link
Have been requested many times from many users so here it is a flashable .zip for you all.Settings have been set to "aggressive".If you want to change just use the Supercharger script and make reference to V6 Supercharger Thread!Make a Nandroid backup if you want to revert back!
I personally don`t use it and haven`t test it but just in case someone wants it!
- CyberGR|MOD Inverted Apps For Ver.14 : Link
Just some Inverted Apps.
- Patch for CyberGR|MOD to restore Back To Stock Ver.14 Apps And Framework.zip : Link
Just a patch to restore back to normal (not inverted) Apps and Framework.
- Patch to restore CyberGR|MOD Ver.14 Back to the Stock Gray Background : Link
This patch is for everyone that prefers the Gray (Stock) background into System Settings and want to use it instead of the Black one.
- Patch For Keyboard With Next Line Key In Messaging app Ver.2 : Link
This patch is for those who need the Next Line Key (Enter Key) when writing a message in messaging app.Flash able under Recovery.
- CyberGR-MOD|NS.NGN ver.14 Hybrid Mix ICS Tropical Hurricane will be soon into Rom Manager app. by Koush. Find it, Rate it, Leave a comment or feedback, Download it!!
- Gapps : No Gapps needed Please make a suggestion if you think that something must be removed or added regarding the apps!
- DSPmanager : Link 1
In case someone still want it..!!But i don`t think there is a need.
- WiFi Fix : Link This FIX is intended for some users with simcard region code ristrictions from their carriers.Like users in Iran.Flashable under recovery. (Thanks to user HolymighT for pointing this out to me)
- Default White Padlock Icon with On-Screen buttons ON for Ver.9 : Link This .ZIP is intended for users that want to restore the default Padlock Icon.Flashable under recovery.
- Colorful Padlock Icon with On-Screen buttons ON for Ver.9 : Link This .ZIP is intended for users that want to revert back to the colorful Padlock Icon of ver.6.Flashable under recovery.
- On-Screen Buttons OFF by Default with White Padlock icon for ver.9 : Link This .ZIP is intended for users that want to restore the default Padlock Icon and COMPLETELY remove the On-Screen buttons.So after installing this if you have checked Show Navigation bar Toggle to show under Power Menu Just Un-ckeck it.Flashable under recovery.
- On-Screen Buttons OFF by Default with Colorful Padlock icon for ver.9 : Link This .ZIP is intended for users that want to restore the Colorful Padlock Icon and COMPLETELY remove the On-Screen buttons.So after installing this if you have checked Show Navigation bar Toggle to show under Power Menu Just Un-ckeck it.Flashable under recovery.
- Revert Back to Stock ICS Contacts.apk : Link
This .ZIP is intended for users that want to get rid of the inverted black Contacts.apk and want to restore back to default ICS Contacts (aka People app)!Flashable under recovery.
- Revert Back to Stock ICS GoogleMusic App : Link
This .ZIP is intended for users that want to get rid of the CM9 Music Player and want to restore back to the default ICS Google Music Application!Flashable under recovery.
- Keyboard with Next Line Support in Messaging app Ver.2 (Enter Key): Link
This .ZIP is intended for users that want to have an Enter Key (next line) support in Messaging app.No more emoticons in there!Flashable under recovery.
- Restore Default Keyboard in Messaging app Ver.2 with Emoji Icons (4.0.4) : Link
This .ZIP is intended for users that have flashed the Keyboard with the Next Line (Enter Key) support patch and want to restore back to default ICS one.Emoticons key back in there!Flashable under recovery.
- Beats Audio Patch : Link
Beats Audio Patch for Nexus S.Remember to make a Nandroid backup if you want to revert back after flashing it!
- Theme for Version 11 by Travis90x (Grazie Guaglio'): >>>Theme Xeno Blu DarX V20<<<
for [4.0.4-ICS] CyberGR-MOD 11 Hybrid
- Tip 1 : Trebuchet Launcher sometimes may be a little bit laggy when you open application drawer.Just press menu button when you are in home screen, select preferences and finally under Drawer menu un-check Join widgets with apps!! (Not any more in Version 7 and up coming versions but always useful.)
- Tip 2 : Optional - Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Background process limit and select At most 4 processes.
- Tip 3 : Optional - Go to Settings -> Developer options -> And Check Force GPU rendering. Be careful with this one...you will have some noticeable performance boost on some apps, like benchmarking apps and other but maybe some other won`t work at all or half work..example detailed weather information in default news & weather widget.
- Tip 4 : Random Questions regarding I/O Schedulers, Governors etc. Have a look at this --> Link
**Thanks to droidphile for this useful post!
- You can always flash what ever kernel you want..
- Recommended Kernel Alternatives :
1 . AirKernel by r_data -> Link
2 . Matrix Kernel by mathkid95 -> Link
3 . Trinity by Morfic -> Link
4 . Reference for all ICS Kernel so you can choose which one fits you best by bedalus -> Link
- Please be aware that you are flashing at your own risk.
- I have spent many hours of my free time and nights asleep doing this (always with joy though), flashing the brains out of my Nexus S.
So if you like my work, a small donation will be much appreciated for helping me buying a spare (used) Nexus S so my main device is not always tied up.
Pressing the Thanks button is obligatory for encouragement!
CyanogenMOD 9 Team.
Massive thanks to RomanBB for AOKP parts.
Google Open Source Spirit.
Ezekeel for various MODs + Kernel.
Supercurio for the voodoo app.
arifhn for NSTools app.
Canca14 and http://thesmartphonechamp.com/ for offering me an FTP host and the possibility to create a CyberGR|MOD Web Site
S7icky for offering me an FTP server for hosting CyberGR|MOD ICS Updates
Eugene373 for ICUP kernel.
Mathkid95 for Matr1x kernel.
Morfic for dalvik-wiper.
r_data for Air Kernel.
Bedalus for his very useful ICS Kernels comparison.
Liquidini for recording and uploading a nice CyberGR|MOD quick preview video in HD.
My friend Harontas for offering me a FileSonic Pro & Oron account.
Koushik Dutta for Rom Manager app. & host.
Terryhau for SimpleKernel.
Travis90x for providing themes for CyberGR|MOD
ENJOY and don`t forget to press the THANKS BUTTON if you like my work!!Cost you nothing and gives me some encourage to continue my work!!
**Kindly recorded and uploaded by the user : liquidini