Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [NANDROID BACKUP] Nexus S Android 2.3.3 GRI40 both stock and rooted

Tip us?

shrivelfig
Old
(Last edited by shrivelfig; 26th February 2011 at 09:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default [ROM] [NANDROID BACKUP] Nexus S Android 2.3.3 GRI40 both stock and rooted

So here are nandroid backups of my Nexus S (GT-I9020T) Android 2.3.3, created with ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5. Worked for me, may or may not work for you. If you mess up, don't blame me
Code:
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.3 GRI40 102588 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.3/GRI40/102588:user/release-keys

Warning: This does not update the radio!

Stock: http://www.mediafire.com/?weataw4w7v1anl4
MD5: f45229bf87eadf5e00698052cf001327
Completely stock, no tweaks or modifications whatsoever.

Rooted: http://www.mediafire.com/?c1ww7zb837uycbk
MD5: 8af98f7106e80224331b2185adb4bd65
This is just the stock rom with su-2.3.6.1 applied (from here), no other tweaks or modifications. If you need BusyBox, then you can find an installer here.

Restore by unzipping (with paths) to the root of the SD card, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, and choose Restore from backup.

If you need more detailed instructions, have a look at this thread. Of course, if you need detailed step-by-step explanations, maybe you shouldn't be messing around with this anyway

Thanks to:
momohammed20 (for doing this first)
ChainsDD (for making an installable Superuser)
Google (for making an amazing operating system)
There are no miracles.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shrivelfig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

happy316
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, trying it now

fabio008
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivelfig View Post
So here are my nandroid backups of Nexus S Android 2.3.3 GRI40, created with ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5.

Stock: http://www.mediafire.com/?weataw4w7v1anl4
Completely stock, no tweaks or modifications whatsoever.

Rooted: http://www.mediafire.com/?c1ww7zb837uycbk
This is just the stock rom with su-2.3.6.1 applied, no other tweaks or modifications. If you need BusyBox, then you can find an installer here: http://www.appbrain.com/app/busybox/stericson.busybox

Restore by unzipping to SD card, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, and choose Restore.
did you root unlocking the bootloader or managed another solution?

sagarpruthi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thanks man. gonna try shortly.
Nexus 4
Rom: AOKP Unofficial Dec - 31
Kernel: TF22L47-1728 Any
Recovery: TWRP 2.3.3.2

Nexus 7
Rom: CM 10.1 Nightlies
Kernel: TS1700 - GPUOC-4.2-Alpha 0
Recovery: TWRP 2.3.3.2

Nexus 4
Galaxy Nexus | Google Nexus S | Blackberry Torch | Blackberry Bold 9700 | Blackberry Bold 9000 | HTC Touch Pro | Nokia N73m | Moto Razr V3i | SE T230 |
Flyp

Twitter@sagarpruthi

jonjon68
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivelfig View Post
Restore by unzipping to SD card, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, and choose Restore.
Sorta. Wasn't difficult to figure out what I was doing wrong but for others that may come back wondering.

Open the zip, extract the actual nandroid backup file from the backup folder and dump it in the clockworkmod backup folder. Then you can restore from CMR

Thanks for doing this though. I'll definitely go back to Cyanogen once they incorporate but I'm tired of the reboots.

MarkVis
Old
Thanks Meter 509
anybody wanna say something about it? reviews? anyone?
quadrant?
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkVis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonjon68
Old
(Last edited by jonjon68; 25th February 2011 at 03:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfavis View Post
anybody wanna say something about it? reviews? anyone?
quadrant?
I don't really care about quadrant but I can tell you the color makes the screen look like a Toshiba Satellite Pro with Passive Matrix display, circa 1999.

Shockingly bad.

Other than that, I think this is essentially 2.3.2 with the reboot bug fix and maybe some other minor tweaks I may discover later. Though with this color problem as soon as a CM nightly has that fix incorporate, while hopefully resolving the color issue, I'll be right back on it.

I've been an android fan since the G1 but they are making some really bad decisions. Bugs happen but to release two builds with such major, and obvious flaws. Not to mention the first crack in the armor in my opinion, choosing Samsung as their Google Experience phone Mfg...... Not like I'm switchin teams but damn guys, pull it together.

j0hnZ
Old
Thanks Meter 147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon68 View Post
I don't really care about quadrant but I can tell you the color makes the screen look like a Toshiba Satellite Pro with Passive Matrix display, circa 1999.

Shockingly bad.

Other than that, I think this is essentially 2.3.2 with the reboot bug fix and maybe some other minor tweaks I may discover later. Though with this color problem as soon as a CM nightly has that fix incorporate, while hopefully resolving the color issue, I'll be right back on it.

I've been an android fan since the G1 but they are making some really bad decisions. Bugs happen but to release two builds with such major, and obvious flaws. Not to mention the first crack in the armor in my opinion, choosing Samsung as their Google Experience phone Mfg...... Not like I'm switchin teams but damn guys, pull it together.
Have you tried voodoo color yet?
T-Mobile LG
Check out my app, feedback welcome: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hinistmate.app

charlieb620
Old
(Last edited by charlieb620; 25th February 2011 at 05:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1927
Downloading now so I can restore and go back to 2.3.2 if I don't like?i have a unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

thegod2012
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default 2.3.3 root

how did u get root