Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom][4.2.1] Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition (Discontinued)

Tip us?

klinker
Old
(Last edited by klinker; 20th February 2013 at 12:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
Default [rom][4.2.1] Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition (Discontinued)

RasBean SmokedHoloEdition

Builded from Rascarlos source
GIVE HIM A THANKS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other credits go to:

Articudos
RustyJay
Bedalus
Brainmaster
Greenblue
djdarkknight96
Maped
all other contributors & users on this forum

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you get:

Improved visual: Smoked transparent background's, redesigned dialog windows, change orange png's with blue, etc...
Added apps: RBJ GApps, Busybox, SuperSU, Photosphere, ColorNote, Cpu Spy,ES file explorer, Maps with StreetView, Music, ThinkFree
Dark Holo MMS with quick reply by jase33 & rethemed by me - hit him a thanks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1745830
Kernel: Marmite 7.3CM with BLN by bedalus - hit him a thanks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1719775
Seeder tweak by brainmaster - hit him a thanks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1454289

Install instructions:

- backup your apps & data with Titanium Backup
- MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP IN CWM OF CURRENT ROM

- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe dalvik in advanced menu
- format system, cache, data and boot in mount & storage menu
- install zip, reboot & enjoy

Notes:

IMPORTANT: This rom is not compatible with BM tweaks!!!
When install NS tools for kernel kontrol, run it, then reboot in cwm and fix permissions
Wipe data/factory reset with rom installed will delete browser

Not working/bugs:

Swipe keyboard (will have it in next build)
Camera FC when touch the screen on video recording (will search for a fix)

Please don't ask for adding features, because i do not touch this great rascarlos code

Download: rasbeanjelly_full_crespo_ota_2013-01-17.zip - 192.92 MB

The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to klinker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klinker
Old
(Last edited by klinker; 17th January 2013 at 05:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
Screenshoots:

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to klinker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klinker
Old
(Last edited by klinker; 17th January 2013 at 06:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
For people like me, they think 3 home screens are more than enough

3_homescreen_launcher.zip - 11.45 MB
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to klinker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Androyed
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinker View Post
If you have the marmite kernel alredy installed don't work, but if you install BM tweaks on stock kernel and then marmite, it work ok.

Jup. Have to set in MMS settings

New thread is online
Ah okay. But marmite kernel is already included with your ROM. Do you know a way to use BM tweaks?
Owner of a Nexus S, and thinking about upgrading? Go flash Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition! It might change your mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Androyed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Articudos
Old
Thanks Meter 2159

DONATE TO ME
Good to see u here.
Current : E975 - CM11

Retired : Nexus S

If My Post was helpful, Hit THANKS button

Buy me beer or cup of coffee!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Articudos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klinker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
No. But i realy don't see any diference with or without tweaks with marmite kernel. With trinity there was diference, but marmite is realy badass kernel for crespo and with seeder there is no need for any other tweak. This rom is builded in this way after many tested combinations and with this combination it work in best way.
But i also alredy contact brainmaster for some info, so i hope he will help me for future builds
The Following User Says Thank You to klinker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Androyed
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinker View Post
No. But i realy don't see any diference with or without tweaks with marmite kernel. With trinity there was diference, but marmite is realy badass kernel for crespo and with seeder there is no need for any other tweak. This rom is builded in this way after many tested combinations and with this combination it work in best way.
But i also alredy contact brainmaster for some info, so i hope he will help me for future builds
I do it mainly for the host files (adfree). If there's not really a speed improvement, I will download AdFree in the play store. That does the same thing, right?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

By the way, when do you think you will have the update with the swipe keyboard ready? Is there sense in waiting?
Owner of a Nexus S, and thinking about upgrading? Go flash Rasbean_SmokedHoloEdition! It might change your mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Androyed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

husen4u
Old
Thanks Meter 1357

DONATE TO ME
Nice... Thanks A Lot
Huawei Ascend P6.
►[ROM][OMNI KK][P6-U06][▲HYD52ROM▼][SUPERFAST ▌▌Stable][V3 26-03-14]◄

Dont Forget To PRESS THANKS Button

If you like my work, please consider to buy me a cup of coffee !
The Following User Says Thank You to husen4u For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klinker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androyed View Post
I do it mainly for the host files (adfree). If there's not really a speed improvement, I will download AdFree in the play store. That does the same thing, right?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

By the way, when do you think you will have the update with the swipe keyboard ready? Is there sense in waiting?
Try first this adfree, cause i integrate some things from the tweaks :P

I make a new build when rascarlo update source. Yesterday see a post with new features in rasbean, so i think will be soon

Zahih
Old
Thanks Meter 188
hi klinker,
Finally you create your own thread here..
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus S i9023 using XDA Premium