[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Search This thread

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [RC1] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

No one knows about usb otg?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I had done some Googling some time back and what I came to know is that NS can't give enough power to drive the USB devices...

Don't know how true it is...

Reactions: Saeedzr

sgooros

Aug 14, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [RC1] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Hello people, how can I enable gesture typing in aosp keyboard in other languages besides English?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Hordon

Dec 26, 2011
Budapest
I had done some Googling some time back and what I came to know is that NS can't give enough power to drive the USB devices...

Don't know how true it is...

You need a kernel, what support otg + get some cable. Read it: http://techie-buzz.com/android/enable-usb-otg-host-mode-on-nexus-s.html

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

@ sgooros: try kii keyboard, it's beta, but working fine here.

Reactions: Saeedzr and sgooros

BenHeng

Jan 17, 2012

OK, I tried this ROM as I was missing too many features on Baked bb7 and I still wanted a 4.2 experience ( I don't know how, but dispite everything I'm reading about 4.2 being awful I cannot stand going back to 4.1. I have an itch to flash something over it).
For a second choice I must say.... Wow, it has been truly improved since last time I flashed a Slim ROM, it's a real pleasure to surf/chat/whatever with it and marmite (v7.2.3).
However, I do get reboots almost every time I use video recording or playback. I know I'm OCing (1320mhz) so it might be irrelevant, but I hadn't this problem with any other ROM( and any marmite) , so I though I'll feedback.
I'd like to provide you last_kmsg but I use the phone a lot at work and I need it to be as snappy as possible, so I'll have to wait until this weekend to try to reproduce the bug without oc and extract some kmsg.
I'll brought it up anyway to see if other people where encountering the same difficulties or if I was the only one.

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus S avec Tapatalk

I haven't manage to reproduce this bug without oc. However the phone sometimes just shut itself down (no animation, screen dies, long press on power button boot the phone from Google logo). It didn't proc a lastkmsg.

sgooros

Aug 14, 2011

I'm on stock kernel now. Suggest me the best battery saving one.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

skavis

Aug 4, 2012
I've had issues getting MMS. Previously my phone would automatically turn on Data and grab the image even if I had wifi on (because mms is only sent over the data). Now it wont download unless I turn data on and turn off the wifi. I am still able to get the image if I turn off "automattically download MMS" and then turn off wifi and turn on data, then click on the "download" button in the msg. However if I leave it on "automatically download MMS" it wont download the image and I can't get it unless I ask the sender to send it again and change the settings. Same if I try to get it without turning data on.
It was working perfectly in your 4.1.2 SlimBean 3.0

I don't mean to complain because I am a huge fan of this rom. But just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has this issue.
ROM is installed fresh.

BenHeng

Jan 17, 2012

I've had issues getting MMS. Previously my phone would automatically turn on Data and grab the image even if I had wifi on (because mms is only sent over the data). Now it wont download unless I turn data on and turn off the wifi. I am still able to get the image if I turn off "automattically download MMS" and then turn off wifi and turn on data, then click on the "download" button in the msg. However if I leave it on "automatically download MMS" it wont download the image and I can't get it unless I ask the sender to send it again and change the settings. Same if I try to get it without turning data on.
It was working perfectly in your 4.1.2 SlimBean 3.0

I don't mean to complain because I am a huge fan of this rom. But just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has this issue.
ROM is installed fresh.

I had almost similar trouble with MMS. I would suggest you to make a nand, full wipe, reinstall and see if the trouble persist.
Also don't restore any MMS or contact relative apps via titanium backup.
Don't restore the data from your nand either. It's the only solution I found for buggy MMS.

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Can anybody check if MTP is working or no?

I'm on 3.0 right now.
I change the setting to MTP under storage and then connect to PC. As soon as i connect, the check box automatically changes to Mass Storage without me doing anything.

If this happens in 4.2.1 then tchaari please fix it on the coming version.

Your wish will be become true in next release :)

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai

Your wish will be become true in next release :)

Just when I thought everybody forgot this problem, tchaari pulls it back from the past and gives a response worthy of an applause! :p

Thank you very much...you make my Nexus feel young again... :D

jiro-kun

Sep 26, 2012
KL

Thank you very much...you make my Nexus feel young again... :D

Is it me.. Or does this sound so wrong. If you know what I mean. Lolz!

Anyhow just wanted to say thanks to OP for this wonderful ROM. Very smooth! Nothing to complain about. Only minor issue whereby the transparent pull down status bar setting doesn't stick after restarting the phone.

Again my thanks! :D

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
The request: I have disabled camera and other widgets on the lock screen. I then placed camera as an app on the lock screen app (as it was on 4.1.2), so I slide to the right and it unlocks ... slide to the left and I get the camera app. I could move the camera app to another position, but I would like slide to the left to switch volumes as in the the versions prior to 4.1.
hmm, I'll look into it.

@tchaari, Were you able to get to look into the option above? Am really happy with RC1 and this one this I guess would just keep me from flashing for a while!

EDIT: Just saw this in the RC2 WIP changelog:
Is that going to return? I really hope there will be a way to switch it off as its kind of tough using it on "smaller" screens such as ours.
Nice additions though and really look forward to the RC2 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mkharbanda

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai

One small quirk...can we have a battery indicator with a full sized font battery percentage and not overlapping the battery bar?

The current one has small font, overlaps battery bar and is slightly difficult to see...

May be this is my personal choice view but do what you think is the best...

Reactions: mkharbanda

mrengineer

Nov 27, 2012
last time, the option to crop the picture is nice, where you can just crop the picture any way you want it.

but now, when i tried to crop a picture, it'll crop according to ratio.

can it be fix?

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Feature request for next version:
"Do not disturb mode" that disables ticker animation on status bar when there's a notification from Paranoid Android rom.

Please tell me if it's possible. I'd be grateful for any response. Thanks! :)

I'll look into it when I'll have some free time ;)

Any news on this? I know everyone's flooding you with requests so i'm gonna grab the chance :laugh:

Top Liked Posts