5,596,568 Members 40,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Tip us?

Nebucatnetzer
Old
Thanks Meter 6241
Quote:
Originally Posted by imranaryan View Post
do they run lag freee
You would've to try that. I'm not using crespo as my daily driver.
But I wouldn't have too much hope. Except of course they run fine on another ROM.
Tutorials and useful Links for Beginners
No idea how to undervolt? Go to -->My tutorial<--
Learn how to get and read logcats-->HowTo by Stryke_the_Orc<--
Want to learn how to use ADB? Go to -->ADB for Dummies<--
Kernel governors, and other stuff explained by droidphile -->here<--

Surpass
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Default Feedback!

Alright, first of all, this is an absolutely fantastic ROM. It's been my daily driver for a few days now. It's feature-rich, buttery-smooth, the audio additions are fantastic, along with a mile-long list more of praises. I tested a dual-core phone in T- mobile today while waiting for an employee to chat with me and I can confidently say it performs miles better than it, and this phone only has one core. I used to not be able to run Temple Run 2 without excessive lag and sub-par frame rate but now it runs buttery smooth 60FPS 100% of the time.

But, there are a few bugs/missing features/other I thought I'd mention.
What I'm running:
Nexus S
Matr1x Kernel
Slimbean 4.2.1 RC.2

Bugs and Miscellaneous Mishaps:
- the pattern lock doesn't have an option to unlock your phone via Gmail in case you forget your password.
- the 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 pattern passwords seem to have some "rough-edges", if you will. You can quite easily see the pixels.
- the rotation lock applies to applications that it shouldn't apply to, like YouTube and games that let you choose which side of landscape you want.

Feature Requests:
- an option to swipe from the top of a full-screen app to display the notification bar (this was really helpful when I was using MIUI)
- an option to use the old 4.1 lockscreen (the one with the ability the add widgets is really cluttered looking in my opinion, even when I'm using Lockscreen Policy to disable the camera and second widgets window). Or, an option to apply multiple widgets to one page on the lock screen (it really bothers me how I can't do this, dunno if it's in stock too but if so I've not got an idea what Google was thinking).
- an option to disable the soft keys (back, menu, search, home) and only use the navigation bar.

Also, I've got a question - when in profiles, when customizing them, under the 'connection overrides' section, there's things like 'mobile data' and 'bluetooth' and etc., and then as the description it just says 'disable'. Does this mean if I check the box it'll disable that application when I switch to the profile, or vice versa? Kinda confusing.

Thanks again for the fantastic ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surpass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [RC2] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
how about gaming

like temple run 2 n subway surfer

Sent From Somewhere In The Streets Of INDIA.
They run fine in mine...I have lots of apps installed and probably lot in the startup but they still run just fine...

For the record, Subway Surfers does give some lag as compared to Temple Run 2...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebucatnetzer View Post
I'll can forward that as a feature request but your chances would be better if you would've a commit.
I'll try to get something from those sources this weekend...will take me some time digging in coz m not familiar with the source code...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"

Nebucatnetzer
Old
Thanks Meter 6241
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [RC2] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

@ Surpass I'll answer you in the evening to much to write for on the phone.

Nebucatnetzer
Old
Thanks Meter 6241
Quote:
Alright, first of all, this is an absolutely fantastic ROM. It's been my daily driver for a few days now. It's feature-rich, buttery-smooth, the audio additions are fantastic, along with a mile-long list more of praises. I tested a dual-core phone in T- mobile today while waiting for an employee to chat with me and I can confidently say it performs miles better than it, and this phone only has one core. I used to not be able to run Temple Run 2 without excessive lag and sub-par frame rate but now it runs buttery smooth 60FPS 100% of the time.
Cool that you like.

Quote:
But, there are a few bugs/missing features/other I thought I'd mention.
What I'm running:
Nexus S
Matr1x Kernel
Slimbean 4.2.1 RC.2

- the pattern lock doesn't have an option to unlock your phone via Gmail in case you forget your password.
- the 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 pattern passwords seem to have some "rough-edges", if you will. You can quite easily see the pixels.
I've never seen that before. I've checked it on my Infinity CM also doesn't have it as far as I can see.

I'll ask if we can do something about it.

Quote:
- the rotation lock applies to applications that it shouldn't apply to, like YouTube and games that let you choose which side of landscape you want.
Could you explain this a bit more?

Quote:
Feature Requests:
- an option to swipe from the top of a full-screen app to display the notification bar (this was really helpful when I was using MIUI)
smit.sanghavi is looking for a commit of this. I'll forward it as a request when he's done with his search.

Quote:
- an option to use the old 4.1 lockscreen (the one with the ability the add widgets is really cluttered looking in my opinion, even when I'm using Lockscreen Policy to disable the camera and second widgets window).
This will not be included. We are moving with Google not against them.

Quote:
Or, an option to apply multiple widgets to one page on the lock screen (it really bothers me how I can't do this, dunno if it's in stock too but if so I've not got an idea what Google was thinking).
I'll forward this but don't expect this to appear any time soon because it will take quite some time to do this.

Quote:
- an option to disable the soft keys (back, menu, search, home) and only use the navigation bar.
That sounds like a nice idea I'll forward this.

Quote:
Also, I've got a question - when in profiles, when customizing them, under the 'connection overrides' section, there's things like 'mobile data' and 'bluetooth' and etc., and then as the description it just says 'disable'. Does this mean if I check the box it'll disable that application when I switch to the profile, or vice versa? Kinda confusing.
Yes that's what it does. When you press on the "action" you can choose if it should get enabled or disabled.

Thanks again for the fantastic ROM. [/QUOTE]

You're very welcome.

Surpass
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Because I'm going to be quoting a post that already had quotes in it, thing'll be a bit confusing, so I'm just going to add '(Quote)' to where ever the quote was in the post that I'm quoting and I'll add a number next to each that I have a response to. Underneath the quote the responses will correlate to each quote that includes a number. If that makes any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebucatnetzer View Post
(Quote)Alright, first of all, this is an absolutely fantastic ROM. It's been my daily driver for a few days now. It's feature-rich, buttery-smooth, the audio additions are fantastic, along with a mile-long list more of praises. I tested a dual-core phone in T- mobile today while waiting for an employee to chat with me and I can confidently say it performs miles better than it, and this phone only has one core. I used to not be able to run Temple Run 2 without excessive lag and sub-par frame rate but now it runs buttery smooth 60FPS 100% of the time.(Quote)

Cool that you like.

[1] (Quote)But, there are a few bugs/missing features/other I thought I'd mention.
What I'm running:
Nexus S
Matr1x Kernel
Slimbean 4.2.1 RC.2

- the 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 pattern passwords seem to have some "rough-edges", if you will. You can quite easily see the pixels.(Quote)

I've never seen that before. I've checked it on my Infinity CM also doesn't have it as far as I can see.

I'll ask if we can do something about it.

[2] (Quote)- the rotation lock applies to applications that it shouldn't apply to, like YouTube and games that let you choose which side of landscape you want.(Quote)

Could you explain this a bit more?

[3] (Quote)Feature Requests:
- an option to swipe from the top of a full-screen app to display the notification bar (this was really helpful when I was using MIUI)(Quote)

smit.sanghavi is looking for a commit of this. I'll forward it as a request when he's done with his search.

[4] (Quote)- an option to use the old 4.1 lockscreen (the one with the ability the add widgets is really cluttered looking in my opinion, even when I'm using Lockscreen Policy to disable the camera and second widgets window).(Quote)

This will not be included. We are moving with Google not against them.

[5] (Quote)Or, an option to apply multiple widgets to one page on the lock screen (it really bothers me how I can't do this, dunno if it's in stock too but if so I've not got an idea what Google was thinking)(Quote)

I'll forward this but don't expect this to appear any time soon because it will take quite some time to do this.

[6] (Quote)- an option to disable the soft keys (back, menu, search, home) and only use the navigation bar.(Quote)

That sounds like a nice idea I'll forward this.

[7] (Quote)Also, I've got a question - when in profiles, when customizing them, under the 'connection overrides' section, there's things like 'mobile data' and 'bluetooth' and etc., and then as the description it just says 'disable'. Does this mean if I check the box it'll disable that application when I switch to the profile, or vice versa? Kinda confusing. (Quote)
Yes that's what it does. When you press on the "action" you can choose if it should get enabled or disabled.

(Quote)Thanks again for the fantastic ROM. (Quote)

You're very welcome.
1. You've never seen which? The rough edges of the 4x4+ pattern locks, or the absence of the Gmail password recovery? Because for each:
a. Not sure about the pattern locks, but they look very rough on my phone. I'll upload a photo. It's not obscenely obvious, but it's noticeable, especially when you're the one unlocking it throughout the day. Also, upon closer inspection, I found that the rough edges appear on the 3x3 pattern, too.
b. The Gmail password recovery seems to be working now. Not sure what I did, but earlier this week I forgot my password and the button never popped up to use Gmail. I just tested it now again by purposely messing up my pattern until it locked me out for 30 seconds and the option to unlock via Gmail works. So I suppose just ignore that. I hadn't fixed permissions the first time, perhaps that was why. Regardless, it's fixed now.

2. Just like the previous Gmail password recovery, this works now, just tested it. I tested this after I fixed permissions, though, so not sure why it didn't work at the time. But anyway, ignore this too, sorry for the confusion.

3. Awesome, I look forward to it.

4. That's fine, hopefully the multiple widgets per page will be made eventually, that'd be really awesome.

5. Refer the above [4].

6. Awesome!

7. Okay, thanks, that makes sense.

Thanks again! I'll look forward to the stuff you guys are cooking up.

Rough Edges photos:

3x3:

4x4:

In comparison to one I found off the internet:

As you can see, the edges of the pattern are much smoother. I know this is a very minor thing, but it's as I've said quite noticeable when you're unlocking your phone all the time throughout the day.

Also, I've found one other bug - when I plug my phone into my laptop and flip on USB storage, it reboots. Once it's rebooted, I can flip on USB storage without a reboot. Not a big deal, but a bit odd.

amangoenka
Old
Thanks Meter 15

How about a feature. When WiFi connected it turns off data. And when no WiFi turn on data.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to amangoenka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nebucatnetzer
Old
Thanks Meter 6241

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangoenka View Post
How about a feature. When WiFi connected it turns off data. And when no WiFi turn on data.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
That's the normal behaviour of Android.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surpass View Post
Because I'm going to be quoting a post that already had quotes in it, thing'll be a bit confusing, so I'm just going to add '(Quote)' to where ever the quote was in the post that I'm quoting and I'll add a number next to each that I have a response to. Underneath the quote the responses will correlate to each quote that includes a number. If that makes any sense.

1. You've never seen which? The rough edges of the 4x4+ pattern locks, or the absence of the Gmail password recovery? Because for each:
a. Not sure about the pattern locks, but they look very rough on my phone. I'll upload a photo. It's not obscenely obvious, but it's noticeable, especially when you're the one unlocking it throughout the day. Also, upon closer inspection, I found that the rough edges appear on the 3x3 pattern, too.
b. The Gmail password recovery seems to be working now. Not sure what I did, but earlier this week I forgot my password and the button never popped up to use Gmail. I just tested it now again by purposely messing up my pattern until it locked me out for 30 seconds and the option to unlock via Gmail works. So I suppose just ignore that. I hadn't fixed permissions the first time, perhaps that was why. Regardless, it's fixed now.

2. Just like the previous Gmail password recovery, this works now, just tested it. I tested this after I fixed permissions, though, so not sure why it didn't work at the time. But anyway, ignore this too, sorry for the confusion.

3. Awesome, I look forward to it.

4. That's fine, hopefully the multiple widgets per page will be made eventually, that'd be really awesome.

5. Refer the above [4].

6. Awesome!

7. Okay, thanks, that makes sense.

Thanks again! I'll look forward to the stuff you guys are cooking up.

Rough Edges photos:

As you can see, the edges of the pattern are much smoother. I know this is a very minor thing, but it's as I've said quite noticeable when you're unlocking your phone all the time throughout the day.

Also, I've found one other bug - when I plug my phone into my laptop and flip on USB storage, it reboots. Once it's rebooted, I can flip on USB storage without a reboot. Not a big deal, but a bit odd.
1b. Ah I thought that was an option you could activate. Well good it works now and the rest as well.
I forgot to mention that we'll look into the bad quality of the pattern lockscreen you're right that shouldn't look like this.

Please make sure that you test bugs in the future before you report them.
Here's a tutorial on how you do it correctly: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=2

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

imranaryan
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME

gives me random reboot when i try 2 uninstall app

DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON, IF I HAVE HELPED YOU ..

Current Devices:

Moto G (XT1033) 16 GB | 171.44.31 | LOCKED
SONY XPERIA Z1 (C6902) | 14.3.A.0.757 | LOCKED
Sony Xperia ZL (C6502) | 10.4.1.B.0.101 | LOCKED
SG TAB 2 (P3100) Stock Jellybean 4.1.2
SE NEO V (MT11i) Xperia UltraKat v1.3.9 | Unlocked | BLUE
SE NEO V (MT11i) CM / LX 11.0 | Unlocked | WHITE
SG ACE (i5800) STOCK 2.3.6 | Rooted

OOmatrixOO
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default AW: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [RC2] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
gives me random reboot when i try 2 uninstall app

Yes me too.

Tags
slim bean crespo 4.2.1 tchaari