Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Tip us?

amieldl143
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xharry View Post
Hi, I have a problem. When working screen suddenly goes off and does not turn on, help to taking out the batteries. Have you encountered this as well? (version 4.2.1 Stable 1.0 or 1.1)
I had that issue twice. I go to sleep wake up and my phone won't turn on. I had to take battery out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

Nebucatnetzer
Old
Thanks Meter 6610
Default Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
Hey Nebucatnetzer, did jerryfan2000 contact you regarding Smart Statusbar?

I'd told him to contact you and help if he can...his new app 'Button Savior' has just made it to xda news...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Not yet.
Tutorials and useful Links for Beginners
No idea how to undervolt? Go to -->My tutorial<--
Learn how to get and read logcats-->HowTo by Stryke_the_Orc<--
Want to learn how to use ADB? Go to -->ADB for Dummies<--
Kernel governors, and other stuff explained by droidphile -->here<--

treesurf
Old
Thanks Meter 123
I've got that same error message at startup that others have mentioned. Also, the SlimOTA app keeps prompting me to update to the 1.1 version even though I have disabled these notifications in the settings.

Otherwise, great ROM, thank you!

ej8989
Old
(Last edited by ej8989; 23rd February 2013 at 02:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 410
Been stable for 5 days. This has been the first ROM i used that has no issues whatsoever for at least 5 days, and so far, the highest AnTuTu mark i got on 1Ghz stock speed.
Matched with Matr1x v25.0 cfs non-cm kernel. Temple run 2 has zero lag/stutter ("better" graphics setting)

PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: Mahdi 2.7 [4.4.4]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control
Root / Unbrick / Return to stock: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Dead
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Speedmod Kitkat 4.4.2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tchaari
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesurf View Post
I've got that same error message at startup that others have mentioned. Also, the SlimOTA app keeps prompting me to update to the 1.1 version even though I have disabled these notifications in the settings.

Otherwise, great ROM, thank you!
For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need a workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from another recent gapps . Anyway, that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.

For OTA app, update notifications can be effectively disabled (except at boot) in next release
- Official Nexus S and Nexus S 4G maintainer in Slim Roms Team
- If you like my work, please hit thanks or donate to our team in order to maintain our servers (we pay for them).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tchaari For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ej8989
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaari View Post
For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need a workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from another recent gapps . Anyway, that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.

For OTA app, update notifications can be effectively disabled (except at boot) in next release
oh, i used non-slim gapps. no wonder mine's very stable lol.
PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: Mahdi 2.7 [4.4.4]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control
Root / Unbrick / Return to stock: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Dead
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Speedmod Kitkat 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sperelli
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Default R: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Hi there, after some days of heavy use, 1.1 has become nomore that snappy, but buggy in different very crappy and slowered circumstances. I am on latest stable r_data kernel.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Samsung Galaxy S III: GT-I9300
Android: JB 4.3
ROM: Imperium 27 - XXUGND5
Kernel: Boeffla 5.3 beta 7
Baseband: XXUGND1
Launcher: Nova 3
Bootanimation:Android L
Recovery: PhilZ

Google Nexus S: GT-I9023
ROM: Slim Bean Beta 1
Kernel: Marmite
Baseband: I9023XXKB3
Launcher: Holo
Bootanimation: Dirty_Redz's
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0

tchaari
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperelli View Post
Hi there, after some days of heavy use, 1.1 has become nomore that snappy, but buggy in different very crappy and slowered circumstances. I am on latest stable r_data kernel.

I am on the stock kernel. I used my phone a lot these days and I have at least a dozen of extra apps installed. No slowdowns.
It may be an old app which wasn't updated by its developer. Many things changes in AOSP sources. Try to fix permissions in recovery or delete some apps. Check also the list of running apps in background
- Official Nexus S and Nexus S 4G maintainer in Slim Roms Team
- If you like my work, please hit thanks or donate to our team in order to maintain our servers (we pay for them).

kancrutt
Old
Thanks Meter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by amieldl143 View Post
I had that issue twice. I go to sleep wake up and my phone won't turn on. I had to take battery out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
me too

Sent from my Robot IjoŠ

sperelli
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Default R: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaari View Post
I am on the stock kernel. I used my phone a lot these days and I have at least a dozen of extra apps installed. No slowdowns.
It may be an old app which wasn't updated by its developer. Many things changes in AOSP sources. Try to fix permissions in recovery or delete some apps. Check also the list of running apps in background
I am know back to marmite, lagging has quite completely gone, without changing anything else. :sly:

Samsung Galaxy S III: GT-I9300
ROM: Imperium 27 - XXUGND5
Kernel: Boeffla 5.3 beta 7
Baseband: XXUGND1
Launcher: Nova 3
Bootanimation:Android L
Recovery: PhilZ

Google Nexus S: GT-I9023
ROM: Slim Bean Beta 1