Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

OP tchaari

23rd February 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #451  
Thanks Meter: 167

383 posts
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xharry

Hi, I have a problem. When working screen suddenly goes off and does not turn on, help to taking out the batteries. Have you encountered this as well? (version 4.2.1 Stable 1.0 or 1.1)

I had that issue twice. I go to sleep wake up and my phone won't turn on. I had to take battery out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 10:04 AM   |  #452  
Thanks Meter: 6,777

5,800 posts
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi

Hey Nebucatnetzer, did jerryfan2000 contact you regarding Smart Statusbar?

I'd told him to contact you and help if he can...his new app 'Button Savior' has just made it to xda news...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Not yet.
23rd February 2013, 02:56 PM   |  #453  
Thanks Meter: 145

620 posts
I've got that same error message at startup that others have mentioned. Also, the SlimOTA app keeps prompting me to update to the 1.1 version even though I have disabled these notifications in the settings.

Otherwise, great ROM, thank you!
23rd February 2013, 03:40 PM   |  #454  
Thanks Meter: 441

1,296 posts
Been stable for 5 days. This has been the first ROM i used that has no issues whatsoever for at least 5 days, and so far, the highest AnTuTu mark i got on 1Ghz stock speed.
Matched with Matr1x v25.0 cfs non-cm kernel. Temple run 2 has zero lag/stutter ("better" graphics setting)

Last edited by ej8989; 23rd February 2013 at 03:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #455  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,359

1,124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treesurf

I've got that same error message at startup that others have mentioned. Also, the SlimOTA app keeps prompting me to update to the 1.1 version even though I have disabled these notifications in the settings.

Otherwise, great ROM, thank you!

For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need a workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from another recent gapps . Anyway, that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.

For OTA app, update notifications can be effectively disabled (except at boot) in next release
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tchaari For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #456  
Thanks Meter: 441

1,296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaari

For the message "system process not responding", it is caused by gapps (googlebackuptransport.apk more exactly). We will update them for next release. If you need a workaround, try to change googlebackuptransport.apk in /system/app/ from another recent gapps . Anyway, that message doesn't affect anything in daily use.

For OTA app, update notifications can be effectively disabled (except at boot) in next release

oh, i used non-slim gapps. no wonder mine's very stable lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to ej8989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 06:49 PM   |  #457  
Thanks Meter: 127

1,133 posts
R: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Hi there, after some days of heavy use, 1.1 has become nomore that snappy, but buggy in different very crappy and slowered circumstances. I am on latest stable r_data kernel.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 08:39 AM   |  #458  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,359

1,124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperelli

Hi there, after some days of heavy use, 1.1 has become nomore that snappy, but buggy in different very crappy and slowered circumstances. I am on latest stable r_data kernel.

I am on the stock kernel. I used my phone a lot these days and I have at least a dozen of extra apps installed. No slowdowns.
It may be an old app which wasn't updated by its developer. Many things changes in AOSP sources. Try to fix permissions in recovery or delete some apps. Check also the list of running apps in background
24th February 2013, 09:10 AM   |  #459  
Flag JakARTa
Thanks Meter: 38

1,045 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amieldl143

I had that issue twice. I go to sleep wake up and my phone won't turn on. I had to take battery out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

me too

Sent from my Robot IjoŠ
24th February 2013, 11:04 AM   |  #460  
Thanks Meter: 127

1,133 posts
R: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo) [1.0] [very stable] [many features] [+inverted]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaari

I am on the stock kernel. I used my phone a lot these days and I have at least a dozen of extra apps installed. No slowdowns.
It may be an old app which wasn't updated by its developer. Many things changes in AOSP sources. Try to fix permissions in recovery or delete some apps. Check also the list of running apps in background

I am know back to marmite, lagging has quite completely gone, without changing anything else. :sly:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
slim bean crespo 4.2.1 tchaari
Previous Thread Next Thread