5,600,664 Members 36,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 [Updated 03/18/14]: Nexus S Thread

Tip us?
 
WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 18th March 2014 at 06:39 PM.) Reason: Version 1.8.2 Released
#1  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Smile [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.2 [Updated 03/18/14]: Nexus S Thread

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.8.2 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are officially supported including the new Nexus 5, with full KitKat support for all the newly upgraded devices. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. The main changes in this release are general bug fixes and the inclusion of Philz Advanced Recovery as a custom recovery option (in addition to the already included options for CWM/TWRP). Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~





Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WugFresh
Old
#2  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
WugFresh
Old
#3  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Big thanks to ej8989 for asking me to post this here for the benefit of Nexus S owners. This program supports all the Nexus devices but I had only posted it the Nexus7 thread.. Now I will maintain multiple threads although its the same program.

I will do my best to keep this program updated to support the latest builds for as long as possible. Cheers. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ej8989
Old
#4  
ej8989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 377
Posts: 1,121
Join Date: Jul 2012
updater seems to freeze after downloading (v1.5.4)

PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: SlimKat 4.x Weekly [4.4.2]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid 4.0

AIO Toolkit: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Hardbricked
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Pure Galaxy 1.0
 
WugFresh
Old
(Last edited by WugFresh; 11th November 2012 at 06:15 AM.)
#5  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989 View Post
updater seems to freeze after downloading (v1.5.4)

Right.. Sorry about that, I forgot to add that information to my site.

The updater in v1.5.4 had that problem if the toolkit was in a path with spaces in it. Just replace the Wug_Updater.exe in the toolkit directory with the new one from v1.5.5: http://wug.rootxs.com/NRT_extras/Wug_Updater.exe

Then try again, it should work without problems. it was a catch 22 for me.. I couldn't auto update the updater..lol, but now its good

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ej8989
Old
#6  
ej8989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 377
Posts: 1,121
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
Right.. Sorry about that, I forgot to add that information to my site.

The updater in v1.5.4 had that problem if the toolkit was in a path with spaces in it. Just replace the Wug_Updater.exe in the toolkit directory with the new one from v1.5.5: http://wug.rootxs.com/NRT_extras/Wug_Updater.exe

Then try again, it should work without problems. it was a catch 22 for me.. I couldn't auto update the updater..lol, but now its good

{{ WugFresh }}
Worked. thanks!

Just updated my custom recovery flawlessly using this tool. Took only about 5 seconds! lol
It's really fast and reliable. Great work
PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: SlimKat 4.x Weekly [4.4.2]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid 4.0

AIO Toolkit: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Hardbricked
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Pure Galaxy 1.0
 
WugFresh
Old
#7  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989 View Post
Worked. thanks!

Just updated my custom recovery flawlessly using this tool. Took only about 5 seconds! lol
It's really fast and reliable. Great work
Great. Thanks!

{{ WugFresh }}
 
urfase
Old
(Last edited by urfase; 18th November 2012 at 01:43 AM.)
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Oct 2010
After trying for over an hour and going through all three driver methods I cannot get the NRT to connect to my phone. When the phone is rebooted into Fastboot, the volume keys do not work for changing selection, and the computer does not detect anything plugged in via USB suggesting the phone freezes whenever it it put into Fastboot mode.

Model is a Nexus S i9020a running 4.1.1 on JRO03E.

This is on an ASUS K53S notebook running Windows 7 x64.
 
WugFresh
Old
#9  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4638
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfase View Post
After trying for over an hour and going through all three driver methods I cannot get the NRT to connect to my phone. When the phone is rebooted into Fastboot, the volume keys do not work for changing selection, and the computer does not detect anything plugged in via USB suggesting the phone freezes whenever it it put into Fastboot mode.

Model is a Nexus S i9020a running 4.1.1 on JRO03E.
I had something similar happen to me on one machine. What I did to fix it was start at the beginning of the guide.. i.e uninstalling everything completely and rebooting my computer. Then I used driver solution#3 (RAW drivers), with a different usb port. The key is rebooting your computer after uninstalling everything.

If it persistently doesn't work, maybe I can help you out through gchat sometime.. not tonight though, I am still cranking out this next toolkit release.

{{ WugFresh }}
 
urfase
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 35
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
I had something similar happen to me on one machine. What I did to fix it was start at the beginning of the guide.. i.e uninstalling everything completely and rebooting my computer. Then I used driver solution#3 (RAW drivers), with a different usb port. The key is rebooting your computer after uninstalling everything.

If it persistently doesn't work, maybe I can help you out through gchat sometime.. not tonight though, I am still cranking out this next toolkit release.

{{ WugFresh }}
Yeah I did the uninstalls and reboots. Followed the guide exactly. After it didn't work I even took the next step in killing all unnecessary system processes and disabling antivirus.

I'm going to get another notebook that's been freshly formatted and try it again next weekend.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes