More
Everybody should flash matrix v19.5

Sent from my Nexus S
8th May 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #113  
Flag Irvine
Thanks Meter: 39

216 posts
More
I got pretty good usage today. I'm running the latest rascream build on the euroskank site along with trinity t12 (mostly at 1ghz and then at 1.2ghz for the last few hours of usage). I think the most important thing is to find out what apps are running while the screen is off so that there's minimal drain with the screen off. With my current setup I uninstalled maps from /system/app and reinstalled maps from the market and then I used autostarts to limit what apps I let run in the background. I tried disabling maps in autostarts when it was installed as a /system/app and that caused some drainage issues so I fixed that by doing what I mentioned and seems to be working quite well so far. I have maps disabled in autostarts now that it is not in /system/apps btw.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I'm also using some inverted apps from here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336465125038.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1048147   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336465135233.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1048149  
Last edited by tycruickshank; 8th May 2012 at 09:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tycruickshank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #114  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 27

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycruickshank

I got pretty good usage today. I'm running the latest rascream build on the euroskank site along with trinity t12 (mostly at 1ghz and then at 1.2ghz for the last few hours of usage). I think the most important thing is to find out what apps are running while the screen is off so that there's minimal drain with the screen off. With my current setup I uninstalled maps from /system/app and reinstalled maps from the market and then I used autostarts to limit what apps I let run in the background. I tried disabling maps in autostarts when it was installed as a /system/app and that caused some drainage issues so I fixed that by doing what I mentioned and seems to be working quite well so far. I have maps disabled in autostarts now that it is not in /system/apps btw.

Oem battery?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
8th May 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #115  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 194

509 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycruickshank

Which T-12 are you running? 50Hz or 56Hz?
Do you mess with the governor parameters or leave them as they are?
So, with Maps disbled in Autostarts, does it mean that you don't have location services running?

Anyway, I think rascarlo's ROM also helps a lot.
The colors are mostly black, which is a huge advantage for SAMOLED display.
8th May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #116  
Flag Irvine

216 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei.voinea93

Oem battery?

Yeah this is just the stock battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennkaonang

Which T-12 are you running? 50Hz or 56Hz?
Do you mess with the governor parameters or leave them as they are?
So, with Maps disbled in Autostarts, does it mean that you don't have location services running?

Anyway, I think rascarlo's ROM also helps a lot.
The colors are mostly black, which is a huge advantage for SAMOLED display.

I'm running the latest T12 which is 56hz. It's the one with voltage control that just got put in. I agree with the black helping and the inverted apps help as well. Governor parameters and all that are just left as is so on demand and deadline with the stock sampling rate and up threshold. Location services are turned on in settings if that's what you're referring to? So if the browser or some app needs my location it can still get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tycruickshank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #117  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 27

121 posts
More
Oh...then it means it really is imposible to get past 4h with my 9023 since its slcd and no amoleds are here in romania

9th May 2012, 12:36 AM   |  #118  
Flag Irvine

216 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei.voinea93

Oh...then it means it really is imposible to get past 4h with my 9023 since its slcd and no amoleds are here in romania

I honestly feel like you can if you have the brightness all the way down. I used to have an i9023 and I was able to get pretty decent screen on time. Also as a side note I've found that disabling maps in autostarts may not be the best idea because sometimes on my phone maps will keep trying to restart itself which causes a wakelock that doesn't go away.

9th May 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #119  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341

2,348 posts
Testing Ondemmand+deadline. Might move to Milestone 5 soon... For a polished more stable ROM. We shall see. I'm also looking for a Wallpaper I like. Something black with a hint of multiple colors (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow). If you want to share something... Yeah :P.

Nexus S (GSM i9020a)
GummyNex (1.0.2 - 4.0.4)
Matrix Kernel (CFS - 19.5)
Lionheart tweak (1000/100)
Deep Idle (Off - Noop)
9th May 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #120  
Thanks Meter: 165

1,481 posts
More

Ninja edit:
Sorry nothing with black. . I know there is a whole thread on black like wallpapers
Sent from my Nexus S

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread