FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

5+ Hours of on-screen use?

7th May 2012, 09:24 PM |#111  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
amazing it is.. let me also try bench marking mine sometime soon
 
 
8th May 2012, 12:02 AM |#112  
sdhanjal15's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Everybody should flash matrix v19.5

Sent from my Nexus S
8th May 2012, 09:19 AM |#113  
Senior Member
Flag Irvine
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I got pretty good usage today. I'm running the latest rascream build on the euroskank site along with trinity t12 (mostly at 1ghz and then at 1.2ghz for the last few hours of usage). I think the most important thing is to find out what apps are running while the screen is off so that there's minimal drain with the screen off. With my current setup I uninstalled maps from /system/app and reinstalled maps from the market and then I used autostarts to limit what apps I let run in the background. I tried disabling maps in autostarts when it was installed as a /system/app and that caused some drainage issues so I fixed that by doing what I mentioned and seems to be working quite well so far. I have maps disabled in autostarts now that it is not in /system/apps btw.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I'm also using some inverted apps from here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336465125038.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1048147   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336465135233.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1048149  
Last edited by tycruickshank; 8th May 2012 at 09:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tycruickshank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 12:54 PM |#114  
andrei.voinea93's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycruickshank

I got pretty good usage today. I'm running the latest rascream build on the euroskank site along with trinity t12 (mostly at 1ghz and then at 1.2ghz for the last few hours of usage). I think the most important thing is to find out what apps are running while the screen is off so that there's minimal drain with the screen off. With my current setup I uninstalled maps from /system/app and reinstalled maps from the market and then I used autostarts to limit what apps I let run in the background. I tried disabling maps in autostarts when it was installed as a /system/app and that caused some drainage issues so I fixed that by doing what I mentioned and seems to be working quite well so far. I have maps disabled in autostarts now that it is not in /system/apps btw.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I'm also using some inverted apps from here

Oem battery?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
8th May 2012, 03:11 PM |#115  
glennkaonang's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycruickshank

I got pretty good usage today. I'm running the latest rascream build on the euroskank site along with trinity t12 (mostly at 1ghz and then at 1.2ghz for the last few hours of usage). I think the most important thing is to find out what apps are running while the screen is off so that there's minimal drain with the screen off. With my current setup I uninstalled maps from /system/app and reinstalled maps from the market and then I used autostarts to limit what apps I let run in the background. I tried disabling maps in autostarts when it was installed as a /system/app and that caused some drainage issues so I fixed that by doing what I mentioned and seems to be working quite well so far. I have maps disabled in autostarts now that it is not in /system/apps btw.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Edit: I'm also using some inverted apps from here

Which T-12 are you running? 50Hz or 56Hz?
Do you mess with the governor parameters or leave them as they are?
So, with Maps disbled in Autostarts, does it mean that you don't have location services running?

Anyway, I think rascarlo's ROM also helps a lot.
The colors are mostly black, which is a huge advantage for SAMOLED display.
8th May 2012, 04:46 PM |#116  
Senior Member
Flag Irvine
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei.voinea93

Oem battery?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

Yeah this is just the stock battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennkaonang

Which T-12 are you running? 50Hz or 56Hz?
Do you mess with the governor parameters or leave them as they are?
So, with Maps disbled in Autostarts, does it mean that you don't have location services running?

Anyway, I think rascarlo's ROM also helps a lot.
The colors are mostly black, which is a huge advantage for SAMOLED display.

I'm running the latest T12 which is 56hz. It's the one with voltage control that just got put in. I agree with the black helping and the inverted apps help as well. Governor parameters and all that are just left as is so on demand and deadline with the stock sampling rate and up threshold. Location services are turned on in settings if that's what you're referring to? So if the browser or some app needs my location it can still get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tycruickshank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2012, 07:25 PM |#117  
andrei.voinea93's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Oh...then it means it really is imposible to get past 4h with my 9023 since its slcd and no amoleds are here in romania

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
9th May 2012, 12:36 AM |#118  
Senior Member
Flag Irvine
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei.voinea93

Oh...then it means it really is imposible to get past 4h with my 9023 since its slcd and no amoleds are here in romania

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

I honestly feel like you can if you have the brightness all the way down. I used to have an i9023 and I was able to get pretty decent screen on time. Also as a side note I've found that disabling maps in autostarts may not be the best idea because sometimes on my phone maps will keep trying to restart itself which causes a wakelock that doesn't go away.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
9th May 2012, 03:24 AM |#119  
309041291a's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
Testing Ondemmand+deadline. Might move to Milestone 5 soon... For a polished more stable ROM. We shall see. I'm also looking for a Wallpaper I like. Something black with a hint of multiple colors (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow). If you want to share something... Yeah :P.

Nexus S (GSM i9020a)
GummyNex (1.0.2 - 4.0.4)
Matrix Kernel (CFS - 19.5)
Lionheart tweak (1000/100)
Deep Idle (Off - Noop)
9th May 2012, 03:29 AM |#120  
sdhanjal15's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More

Ninja edit:
Sorry nothing with black. . I know there is a whole thread on black like wallpapers
Sent from my Nexus S
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes