XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 2.3.2 System Update

Tip us?

Nexus MC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Android 2.3.2 System Update

I just got a prompted notification that 2.3.2 system update is now downloaded and verified in my phone. Just need to go ahead and ok the install/update on my phone. Not sure if most or all are getting this?

Should I? LOL

more info:

"Android 2.3.2
601kb
This system update from Google contains important bug fixes."

nMIK-3
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Go for it.

This is probably the update that includes the major SMS bug fix. Samsung posted to their official twitter account that and update to address that is coming very soon.

It looks like v2.3.2 is the one.

Nexus MC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Funny thing though, I never had problems with the SMS bug. I have sent/received SMS (2k+). And when I got the notification, I just pulled the battery off to check my S/N to register in the Samsung website. LOL

Is there any other bug/fixes with this updates other than the SMS bug?

distortedloop
Old
Thanks Meter 256
If you're rooted, you might want to wait and see if it's safe to do it (ie., doesn't break root) unless you're confident on how to get it back. The last update screwed with Recovery and gave some people some slight grief for a short period.
Wiping battery stats has the same influence over battery life as waving a dead chicken over your phone does; none, per Google.
If your sig takes up more screen real estate than most of your posts, maybe you should trim it a bit...

treodoc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Just rooted

Wouldn't you know it? After I just finish rooting using the step by step guide, the first thing that pops up is that there is an update to install. So my question is, will installing this update kill my root? Or any other negative consequences for my newly-rooted SNS if I update to 2.3.2?

chaval
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Just rebooted after update, seems that at least the browser got some kind of lagfix, for example www.n4g.com.

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1571

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down "Your system is currently up to date."

hmmm.... what about people on Custom ROMS ?

i check the Settings > About > System Updates

and there's nothing it says

"Your system is currently up to date."

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3

sccrplyr13
Old
(Last edited by sccrplyr13; 21st January 2011 at 10:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Without thinking I chose to install it while being rooted and not backing up. After it rebooted it froze (when it couldn't find a recovery I'm guessing.) I pulled the battery, let it reboot, and I'm still 2.3.1 and rooted. Just FYI
The Following User Says Thank You to sccrplyr13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaval
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer View Post
hmmm.... what about people on Custom ROMS ?

i check the Settings > About > System Updates

and there's nothing it says

"Your system is currently up to date."
Often one have to wait untill the devs implement the update into the custom rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to chaval For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

distortedloop
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Generally once you're on a custom rom, you're best to wait for the rom dev to give you guidance.
Wiping battery stats has the same influence over battery life as waving a dead chicken over your phone does; none, per Google.
If your sig takes up more screen real estate than most of your posts, maybe you should trim it a bit...

The Following User Says Thank You to distortedloop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]