Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Android 4.2 For Nexus S

OP IAmTheDarkOne

14th November 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #1  
IAmTheDarkOne's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 141
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
More then one thread is making me dizzy

Please refer to the development thread for new rom releases and comments:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1992411

Going to maintain this Rom from there
Last edited by IAmTheDarkOne; 18th November 2012 at 03:14 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to IAmTheDarkOne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
ej8989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 441
 
1,296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheDarkOne

I'm new as a posted to XDA but I'v ebeen making kernels for the Nexus S for a good while now. I've managed to take the GIT of android 4.2 and get to to compile with the crespo source from the cyanogenmod jellybean GIT repo with some minor modifications.

I currently have a GT9020A (fido canada network) and I'm currently running android 4.2 on it with my custom kernel.

Kernel Changes

-Overclocking enabled to 1.3 ghz as that's the highest I could get my phone to go stable
-added VR i/o scheduler as default
-added smartassv2 as default governor
-removed fsync for performance (francisco kernel)

I upgraded this os from a stock android 4.1.2 firmware all I needed to do is wipe cache no factor reset
I don't currently have a working installation of APPS and the image is not rooted. Like I said I'm new to this.

Since I haven't posted on the forums before I can't post a link to the firmware I made. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm more than willing to try and test your work. What kind of help do you need?
You can upload files here: http://goo.im/
14th November 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
IAmTheDarkOne's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 141
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989

I'm more than willing to try and test your work. What kind of help do you need?
You can upload files here:

I guess the issue is that I haven't currently made 10 posts on xda-developers therefore I'm not allowed to post external links guess I'll have to be patient and post regularly so I can actually get the links out there.
droidjam
14th November 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Contact the user darkargon here on xda. Or on irc.freenode.net #andromirror. He hosts builds/roms for free and with great support.

Can we PM? I want to build for sgs1 i9000 which should be similar to your device.
I have fully synced android-4.2_rc1 and cyanogenmod jellybean git repo as you did but now I'm stuck.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #5  
IAmTheDarkOne's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 141
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidjam

Contact the user darkargon here on xda. Or on irc.freenode.net #andromirror. He hosts builds/roms for free and with great support.

Can we PM? I want to build for sgs1 i9000 which should be similar to your device.
I have fully synced android-4.2_rc1 and cyanogenmod jellybean git repo as you did but now I'm stuck.

Yeah sure we can PM. Like I said I'm new to this but I'll try to help the best I can
14th November 2012, 04:32 PM   |  #6  
styckx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,464
 
2,812 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
It's not that hard to find 10 useful things to post..
14th November 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Preston
Thanks Meter: 54
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I don't think the problem is hosting, as others have seemed to assume. I think he can't post the link without having 10 posts
14th November 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
I would to try that ROM as well. It easy to see 10 posts.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
14th November 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #9  
ej8989's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 441
 
1,296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitch16

I don't think the problem is hosting, as others have seemed to assume. I think he can't post the link without having 10 posts

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheDarkOne

I guess the issue is that I haven't currently made 10 posts on xda-developers therefore I'm not allowed to post external links guess I'll have to be patient and post regularly so I can actually get the links out there.

14th November 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #10  
navjot94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 281
 
788 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheDarkOne

I guess the issue is that I haven't currently made 10 posts on xda-developers therefore I'm not allowed to post external links guess I'll have to be patient and post regularly so I can actually get the links out there.

Just post it with spaces in between the letters, that way xda won't pick it up as a link.
like this:
www. google .com

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes