Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCONTINUED][ROM][4.2.2] Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 24/09/2013

Tip us?
 
:Dman
Old
#731  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus311 View Post
So I must be missing something. Could it be my battery? I have my original from launch day. I'll buy a new one and see, but I've never gotten battery life that good. My phone even stay in deep sleep in my pocket most of the day as I'm too busy to even use it that much. But when I am using it, battery drains fairly hard.
Today I managed to keep it away, and did only (so far) 1h40min of screen on. That gives me a left over in the end of the day of 35% of bat.
Now I don't feel that bad about my bat time after hearing from you.
For comparison, I have location reporting off, GPS off, 2G only, wifi off, sync on (2 full Gmail accounts) and Auto brightness.
 
the1dynasty
Old
#732  
the1dynasty's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3043
Posts: 4,229
Join Date: Dec 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
so skimming through this thread after a while of being away... does the new camera have HDR & Photosphere or does it just add HDR?? i take more Photosphere images than regular/HDR photos... so that's more useful to me...

i know the original apk for photosphere is basically the same apk that all devices get... but we lose photosphere based on a check that the app does... there's a way to bypass that check... which is what the modded apk had done for us to get photosphere... anyone know of a modded cm10.1 apk that has both photosphere and hdr??
 
mkmer
Old
#733  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Grand Rapids
Default Bluetooth keeps CPU awake

Just updated to 10.1-20130220 nightly - still noticing minimum of 100mhz CPU (NO deep sleep) when bluetooth is enabled. It appears some kernel changes were made to address the issue a couple of weeks back, but for me it has had no effect. Anyone else?
 
ozone89
Old
#734  
ozone89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 148
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sardinia!
Default R: [ROM][4.2.2] Official Cm10.1 Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 19/02/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus311 View Post
I was just thinking it may be because when I had my G1, I got into the habit of turning my screen off as soon as I'm done using it. Even though I have the screen timeout set to 1 minute, I am on that power button. So my screen is on literally as little as possible, and when it is on, it's awake and the processor is maxed out. I don't ever let it sit idle with the screen on. Maybe I'll try leaving it alone and letting it timeout on its own. I'm sure my screen on time will creep up.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Anyone else on the latest 20130219 nightly notice the option to reboot into Recovery is missing from the Power Menu? I still can boot into Recovery manually and with ROM Manager, just the option isn't there under Reboot in the Power Menu.
Developers options is where you need to look.
That has been announced on CyanogenMod Google+ page too.
Also, read the changelogs

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
Sardinia is not Italy!
Icons for avatars
The Following User Says Thank You to ozone89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Nexus311
Old
#735  
Nexus311's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone89 View Post
Developers options is where you need to look.
That has been announced on CyanogenMod Google+ page too.
Also, read the changelogs

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app
Thank you. I have been pretty busy the past couple days and glanced over the changelog before I flashed and didn't go into "Add Advanced reboot" to see what it was. CM posts to their g+ so often it's hard to keep up with all of the posts. Thanks again.
hammerhead Nexus 5 | Stock, rooted

crespo i9020T Nexus S | AOSP 4.4

p4wifi GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 | CM10.1 Nightlies
 
t3rmin
Old
#736  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 39
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default Bug Filed for auto rotate excessive CPU usage

I just filed a bug in the CM bug tracker for the excessive CPU usage of Android System when auto rotate is enabled (as discussed in this thread a few pages back):
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-408

There's also an AOSP bug filed with Google:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=29965

Please vote/comment on both if you're affected by this issue. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to t3rmin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mypat
Old
#737  
mypat's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 435
Posts: 415
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: iSTaNBuL

 
DONATE TO ME
Angry [ROM][4.2.2] Official Cm10.1 Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 21/02/2013

For Nexus S 21/02/2013
For Changelog
http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=crespo
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#crespo/cm10.1/next
For Download
http://get.cm/get/jenkins/20674/cm-1...TLY-crespo.zip
http://get.cm/get/6nW
http://get.cm/torrents/cm-10.1-20130...po.zip.torrent

For Nexus S 4G 21/02/2013
For Changelog
http://10.1.cmxlog.com/?device=crespo4g
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#crespo4g/cm10.1/next
For Download
http://get.cm/get/jenkins/20675/cm-1...Y-crespo4g.zip
http://get.cm/get/6o1
http://get.cm/torrents/cm-10.1-20130...4g.zip.torrent

Note: If you want to activate performance & developer options "Tap the build number 7 times"

Enjoy...
Phone: Google Nexus S i9020T
Rom: Cyanogenmod 11 latest nightly.
Kernel: Stock Cyanogenmod.
Runtime: Dalvik
Recovery: Clockwork Touch Latest

What is the meaning of LIFE? Click HERE!
Don't forget hit the THANKS button to motivate people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mypat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hlxanthus
Old
#738  
hlxanthus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 607
Posts: 918
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default [ROM][4.2.2] Official Cm10.1 Nigthlies for Nexus S & Nexus S 4G 21/02/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1dynasty View Post
so skimming through this thread after a while of being away... does the new camera have HDR & Photosphere or does it just add HDR?? i take more Photosphere images than regular/HDR photos... so that's more useful to me...

i know the original apk for photosphere is basically the same apk that all devices get... but we lose photosphere based on a check that the app does... there's a way to bypass that check... which is what the modded apk had done for us to get photosphere... anyone know of a modded cm10.1 apk that has both photosphere and hdr??
HDR mode is virtually useless on our phone unless you use a solid surface to brace yourself. I tried several times yesterday to take them and they all came out blurry. The issue is the 3 images it takes happen about a second apart, and I just couldn't hold perfectly still.

Also, I haven't seen a modded version that has both as of right now, but also haven't looked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hlxanthus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omartins
Old
#739  
omartins's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
HDR mode is virtually useless on our phone unless you use a solid surface to brace yourself. I tried several times yesterday to take them and they all came out blurry. The issue is the 3 images it takes happen about a second apart, and I just couldn't hold perfectly still.

Also, I haven't seen a modded version that has both as of right now, but also haven't looked.
I've tested photoshpere patched camera version and the results where quite ok, on the other hand, I can't say the same about HDR. It has to be tuned up to be usefull, so let's see where this function goes...

Meanwhile I've made a quick test, one with HDR and another without. To get a decent result with HDR on I've used an improvised support to assure the phone was still during the 3 shots.

Results below

RM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130221-CM10.1-HDR_OFF.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1748729   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130221-CM10.1-HDR_ON.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	1748730  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omartins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
polobunny
Old
#740  
polobunny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2363
Posts: 5,865
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by omartins View Post
I've tested photoshpere patched camera version and the results where quite ok, on the other hand, I can't say the same about HDR. It has to be tuned up to be usefull, so let's see where this function goes...

Meanwhile I've made a quick test, one with HDR and another without. To get a decent result with HDR on I've used an improvised support to assure the phone was still during the 3 shots.

Results below

RM
Interesting. As I stated earlier, pretty useless and only good for novelty. The Nexus S camera just isn't good enough to get anything great out of this.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:
 

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140727-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock/KT747
Baseband: I747MVLDMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Ktoonservative


Older device: Nexus S i9020A

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes