After long time since I've released the last news, I've decided to discontinue this project.
I'm near final high school exams so I don't have the time to dedicate myself on the project and because, after 2+ years, my Nexus S left me with an hardbrick (I've tried applying Unbrickable Mod and replacing the motherboard but no luck).
You can find my last pieces of work on my GitHub account (https://github.com/Matsca09/Ubuntu-Touch-Nexus-S/).
I want to conclude by thanking everyone who tested and used this port and I hope someone else will continue this work to port Ubuntu on this great phone
Thanks again for all,
-- Original message --
Use/install it at your OWN risk!!!
I don't take any responsibility!
I want to share with you my port of Ubuntu touch for Nexus S.
- Graphics acceleration
- Backlight control
- Calls (with audio) and SMS
What doesn't work:
- GPS (?, not tested)
- 3G connection (?, not tested)
- Other things maybe
How to install it:
1) Download the base system and the system image from the 'Releases' section of this post.
2) Extract the 'ubuntu' folder from the Ubuntu image zip and copy it into the root of the phone storage.
3) Copy the base system zip into the root of the phone storage.
3) Flash the base system on your phone and reboot.
The TWRP recovery may report an error like "No OS installed" when you reboot/shutdown after flashing the base system: ignore that error.
-- 13.10 (stable) --
Suspended-- 12.10 (preview release) --
Base system: Download
Ubuntu image: Download