Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Well we fall into the 18 month upgrade policy with the Nexus S 4g to Jelly Bean?

Tip us?

Harbb
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Swamp Goblin is on the money here. Also, Google has just spent thousands of hours converging the phone and tablet market and teaching devs how to make the most of this. Why the holy hell would they ditch this whole idea and seperate them after one release?

Jelly Bean will be phone and tablet. We will most likely not get it officially, although it is possible. We will, however, be one of the first to get it unofficially either way, and i can just about guarantee this.
Device: Galaxy Nexus i9250
Previously: Nexus S i9023

madd0g
Old
Thanks Meter 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp goblin View Post
I don't think the nexus s will ever see "jelly bean" or any newer versions officially.

The way it typically goes, our nexus devices are flagship phones, and then receive one more update as the next nexus comes out, then become old news. Kinda sad, I mean even the first sense phone, HTC hero, is getting ice cream sandwich ports. I guess carriers and google just dont want to spend the time to support a ton of devices.
The N1 didn't get ICS, because of low system storage. NS has plenty (500MB).

JavaJunkay
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I don't think official Jelly Bean will reach Nexus S. Nexus One also has 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM like Nexus S and it didn't get ICS from Google although in theory it could normally run it (if Galaxy Mini can run ICS ROM Nexus One can run official version, it's just that Google doesn't want you to buy that old stuff, they want you to buy their newest flagship). So I believe it's 2 latest devices only, which means Galaxy Nexus and the next Nexus device will get Jelly Bean, NS - I doubt it. However there are always ROMs

Btw, I read that JB should also expand to desktops and laptops, it this true?

Google_Nexus
Old
Account Currently Disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkay View Post
I don't think official Jelly Bean will reach Nexus S. Nexus One also has 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM like Nexus S and it didn't get ICS from Google although in theory it could normally run it (if Galaxy Mini can run ICS ROM Nexus One can run official version, it's just that Google doesn't want you to buy that old stuff, they want you to buy their newest flagship). So I believe it's 2 latest devices only, which means Galaxy Nexus and the next Nexus device will get Jelly Bean, NS - I doubt it. However there are always ROMs

Btw, I read that JB should also expand to desktops and laptops, it this true?
Nexus is not a flag ship the phone like htc one is with quad core CPU. Nexus is a low to mid range phone since it has a duel core for galaxy nexus and the nexus is is low end

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google_Nexus View Post
Nexus is not a flag ship the phone like htc one is with quad core CPU. Nexus is a low to mid range phone since it has a duel core for galaxy nexus and the nexus is is low end

Low to midrange? lol don't know what you're taking, but it's good stuff. We aren't talking a 600MHz CPU here... At worst the Nexus lines are mid to high range when they are released.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140727-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock/KT747
Baseband: I747MVLDMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Ktoonservative

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

Google_Nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
Low to midrange? lol don't know what you're taking, but it's good stuff. We aren't talking a 600MHz CPU here... At worst the Nexus lines are mid to high range when they are released.
now a days a single core is low end
now a days a duel core is mid level
now a days a quad core is high end

since the nexus s is a single core then it is low end has little ram compaired to quad cores.

JavaJunkay
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google_Nexus View Post

You didn't understand what I meant. I said " their newest flagship" - their as in their newest and best phone not other models.

Google_Nexus
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkay View Post
You didn't understand what I meant. I said " their newest flagship" - their as in their newest and best phone not other models.
first off how can a mid range phone from anyone be a flagship? no midrange galaxy nexus duel core can be a flag ship phone period. its simply a mid range phone. so i guess the yugo is a flagship then too? to be a flagship it must be a quad core 8mb cam 16gb to 32 gb internal storage plus sd card of 32gb but qhd 1020p display...

albundy2010
Old
Thanks Meter 2157
You really are clueless

stellar
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by albundy2010 View Post
You really are clueless
+1 not to gang up on you Google_Nexus but everytime I read a post from you I feel like I am reading a 6th graders assumptions and thoughts lol. No offense >.<