Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Well we fall into the 18 month upgrade policy with the Nexus S 4g to Jelly Bean?

OP Google_Nexus

20th April 2012, 08:19 AM   |  #31  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 469

1,108 posts
More
Swamp Goblin is on the money here. Also, Google has just spent thousands of hours converging the phone and tablet market and teaching devs how to make the most of this. Why the holy hell would they ditch this whole idea and seperate them after one release?

Jelly Bean will be phone and tablet. We will most likely not get it officially, although it is possible. We will, however, be one of the first to get it unofficially either way, and i can just about guarantee this.
20th April 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 699

2,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp goblin

I don't think the nexus s will ever see "jelly bean" or any newer versions officially.

The way it typically goes, our nexus devices are flagship phones, and then receive one more update as the next nexus comes out, then become old news. Kinda sad, I mean even the first sense phone, HTC hero, is getting ice cream sandwich ports. I guess carriers and google just dont want to spend the time to support a ton of devices.

The N1 didn't get ICS, because of low system storage. NS has plenty (500MB).
20th April 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 33

199 posts
I don't think official Jelly Bean will reach Nexus S. Nexus One also has 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM like Nexus S and it didn't get ICS from Google although in theory it could normally run it (if Galaxy Mini can run ICS ROM Nexus One can run official version, it's just that Google doesn't want you to buy that old stuff, they want you to buy their newest flagship). So I believe it's 2 latest devices only, which means Galaxy Nexus and the next Nexus device will get Jelly Bean, NS - I doubt it. However there are always ROMs

Btw, I read that JB should also expand to desktops and laptops, it this true?
20th April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #34  
OP Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkay

I don't think official Jelly Bean will reach Nexus S. Nexus One also has 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM like Nexus S and it didn't get ICS from Google although in theory it could normally run it (if Galaxy Mini can run ICS ROM Nexus One can run official version, it's just that Google doesn't want you to buy that old stuff, they want you to buy their newest flagship). So I believe it's 2 latest devices only, which means Galaxy Nexus and the next Nexus device will get Jelly Bean, NS - I doubt it. However there are always ROMs

Btw, I read that JB should also expand to desktops and laptops, it this true?

Nexus is not a flag ship the phone like htc one is with quad core CPU. Nexus is a low to mid range phone since it has a duel core for galaxy nexus and the nexus is is low end

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
20th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #35  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,461

6,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google_Nexus

Nexus is not a flag ship the phone like htc one is with quad core CPU. Nexus is a low to mid range phone since it has a duel core for galaxy nexus and the nexus is is low end

Low to midrange? lol don't know what you're taking, but it's good stuff. We aren't talking a 600MHz CPU here... At worst the Nexus lines are mid to high range when they are released.
20th April 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #36  

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

Low to midrange? lol don't know what you're taking, but it's good stuff. We aren't talking a 600MHz CPU here... At worst the Nexus lines are mid to high range when they are released.

now a days a single core is low end
now a days a duel core is mid level
now a days a quad core is high end

since the nexus s is a single core then it is low end has little ram compaired to quad cores.
20th April 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 33

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google_Nexus

You didn't understand what I meant. I said " their newest flagship" - their as in their newest and best phone not other models.
21st April 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #38  

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkay

You didn't understand what I meant. I said " their newest flagship" - their as in their newest and best phone not other models.

first off how can a mid range phone from anyone be a flagship? no midrange galaxy nexus duel core can be a flag ship phone period. its simply a mid range phone. so i guess the yugo is a flagship then too? to be a flagship it must be a quad core 8mb cam 16gb to 32 gb internal storage plus sd card of 32gb but qhd 1020p display...
21st April 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 2,384

3,556 posts
You really are clueless
21st April 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 49

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albundy2010

You really are clueless

+1 not to gang up on you Google_Nexus but everytime I read a post from you I feel like I am reading a 6th graders assumptions and thoughts lol. No offense >.<

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread