Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Your favorite rom, kernel and settings

OP lowtje

13th October 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #1  
lowtje's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Hi guys! Lot's of threads are about "the best rom" or "best kernel and battery life" but there is no best rom or kernel. Everyone has his own taste Please share your favorite rom&kernel + your settings. and offcourse share your experience with performance and battery life

I'm currently trying out a few roms and will get back when I see some good replies here!
13th October 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #2  
madd0g's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 700
 
2,351 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
I'm on stock 4.1.2 image with stockish custom kernel from _thalamus and it's great compared to 4.1.1. Chrome runs at same speed as stock Browser now and memory management got alot better.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
13th October 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #3  
aladin6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
1,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by madd0g

I'm on stock 4.1.2 image with stockish custom kernel from _thalamus and it's great compared to 4.1.1. Chrome runs at same speed as stock Browser now and memory management got alot better.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

One problem with stock ROMs: features limited, otherwise, they are great in terms of stability.
For me, i'm balancing between codenameandroid and MIUI(miui.us versions).
13th October 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #4  
madd0g's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 700
 
2,351 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin6

One problem with stock ROMs: features limited, otherwise, they are great in terms of stability.
For me, i'm balancing between codenameandroid and MIUI(miui.us versions).

Was using CNA before for 2 months, but always thought that stock is more smoother. Don't mind that much for features and got fed up with constant updating.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
13th October 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #5  
lowtje's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
I used stock non rooted for some time and I liked the smoothness. The thing I missed was BLN and some other options. Also the battery life with moderate use is less good then some custom roms. Now flashing strawberry rom =)
13th October 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #6  
styckx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,464
 
2,812 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I'm rocking CM10 w/ Marmite right now since they merged in 4.1.2 asap.. As soon as AOKP Build #5 is released I'm jumping back on the Unicorn saddle w/ Marmite though.. Love me some unicorns!
13th October 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #7  
klinker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koper
Thanks Meter: 757
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Rasbeanjelly + Trinity t11
Smooth, stable & 2 days of battery duration

On the road with my NexusS...
13th October 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #8  
lowtje's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkerkp

Rasbeanjelly + Trinity t11
Smooth, stable & 2 days of battery duration

On the road with my NexusS...

How do you get the 2 days? =)
13th October 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #9  
mdean1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag In The Middle Of A Cornfield
Thanks Meter: 101
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtje

Hi guys! Lot's of threads are about "the best rom" or "best kernel and battery life" but there is no best rom or kernel. Everyone has his own taste Please share your favorite rom&kernel + your settings. and offcourse share your experience with performance and battery life

I'm currently trying out a few roms and will get back when I see some good replies here!

Not to mention there is dozens of this same thread you started. Infact I found 3 in this 1 section.
14th October 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #10  
klinker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Koper
Thanks Meter: 757
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtje

How do you get the 2 days? =)

With rascarlos roms (Rascream before & Rasbean now) i always have 2 days. With very hard use...when i do corrections to my theme and flashing 10-20 times a day...have all day of battery.

On the road with my NexusS...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes