[Help] Nexus S 4G Won't mount Usb Storage.

OP Alopez_45

26th August 2011, 05:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9

327 posts
More
In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!
26th August 2011, 07:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 266

1,955 posts
Is it rooted? If not wipe from the bootloader?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
26th August 2011, 12:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 300

2,059 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had this problem. Here is how I fixed it. I deleted all Android phone and USB storage drivers from my computer. Then I plugged in the phone to USB. Then I quickly removed the USB from the phone while the computer was looking for drivers. Then everything worked fine again.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
26th August 2011, 01:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
If it's just for wiping why don't u do a format USB?
26th August 2011, 01:51 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
Oh I guess u wanna backup too... if u have wifi just connect via wifi and copy files... u can access ur comp from es file explorer on wifi
27th August 2011, 03:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Wow I had this same problem about a week and a half ago. I never did find a solution. I tried multiple computers. I couldnt even unroot it because the computer did not detect it even in fastboot mode. I ended up sending it back to samsung to be repaired.
27th August 2011, 05:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 316

2,922 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopez_45

In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!

What data are you trying to backup? I would go into recovery, wipe data/cache, reflash the ROM, then test it.
You can backup apps/settings with titanium backup before you wipe.

27th August 2011, 11:44 AM   |  #8  
Flag Capital of Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 36

371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopez_45

Hey buddy youre not alone, mine is doing the same. Get a USB device not recognised error. Not found a solution yet
23rd September 2011, 03:43 PM   |  #9  
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 41

650 posts
More
I too am not able to achieve a data transfer. I am running cm7 nightlies with Matrix kernel. Thought it was my cable going bad - replaced it and still no luck.
24th September 2011, 12:16 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,807

7,539 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm assuming ur on bfs

Bfs causes this. Go cfs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread