5,596,784 Members 48,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Nexus S 4G Won't mount Usb Storage.

Tip us?

Alopez_45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy [Help] Nexus S 4G Won't mount Usb Storage.

In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!
"Started off Jailbreaking iPods, Now I'm rooting my Nexus S with Cyanogenmod<3!"

Rem3Dy
Old
Thanks Meter 264
Is it rooted? If not wipe from the bootloader?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

matt2053
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
I had this problem. Here is how I fixed it. I deleted all Android phone and USB storage drivers from my computer. Then I plugged in the phone to USB. Then I quickly removed the USB from the phone while the computer was looking for drivers. Then everything worked fine again.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

gouthamsn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If it's just for wiping why don't u do a format USB?

gouthamsn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Oh I guess u wanna backup too... if u have wifi just connect via wifi and copy files... u can access ur comp from es file explorer on wifi

shogunn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow I had this same problem about a week and a half ago. I never did find a solution. I tried multiple computers. I couldnt even unroot it because the computer did not detect it even in fastboot mode. I ended up sending it back to samsung to be repaired.

derekwilkinson
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopez_45 View Post
In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!
What data are you trying to backup? I would go into recovery, wipe data/cache, reflash the ROM, then test it.
You can backup apps/settings with titanium backup before you wipe.

HTC Touch (Sprint, Android OS) -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero -> HTC EVO -> Google Nexus S 4G -> Google Galaxy Nexus LTE -> HTC One -> Galaxy Nexus (again) / iPhone 5 -> Red HTC One -> Moto X

Haizum74
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopez_45 View Post
Hey buddy youre not alone, mine is doing the same. Get a USB device not recognised error. Not found a solution yet

anaglich
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I too am not able to achieve a data transfer. I am running cm7 nightlies with Matrix kernel. Thought it was my cable going bad - replaced it and still no luck.
Nexus 5, Nexus 7

mathkid95
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5671

DONATE TO ME
I'm assuming ur on bfs

Bfs causes this. Go cfs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App