FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

[Help] Nexus S 4G Won't mount Usb Storage.

327 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Alopez_45, Senior Member on 26th August 2011, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!

26th August 2011, 07:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 266

More
Is it rooted? If not wipe from the bootloader?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
26th August 2011, 12:28 PM |#3  
Flag Clearwater, FL
Thanks Meter: 300

Donate to Me
More
I had this problem. Here is how I fixed it. I deleted all Android phone and USB storage drivers from my computer. Then I plugged in the phone to USB. Then I quickly removed the USB from the phone while the computer was looking for drivers. Then everything worked fine again.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
26th August 2011, 01:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If it's just for wiping why don't u do a format USB?
26th August 2011, 01:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Oh I guess u wanna backup too... if u have wifi just connect via wifi and copy files... u can access ur comp from es file explorer on wifi
27th August 2011, 03:45 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wow I had this same problem about a week and a half ago. I never did find a solution. I tried multiple computers. I couldnt even unroot it because the computer did not detect it even in fastboot mode. I ended up sending it back to samsung to be repaired.
27th August 2011, 05:05 AM |#7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopez_45

In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!

What data are you trying to backup? I would go into recovery, wipe data/cache, reflash the ROM, then test it.
You can backup apps/settings with titanium backup before you wipe.

27th August 2011, 11:44 AM |#8  
Flag Capital of Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopez_45

Hey buddy youre not alone, mine is doing the same. Get a USB device not recognised error. Not found a solution yet
23rd September 2011, 03:43 PM |#9  
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I too am not able to achieve a data transfer. I am running cm7 nightlies with Matrix kernel. Thought it was my cable going bad - replaced it and still no luck.
24th September 2011, 12:16 AM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,999

Donate to Me
More
I'm assuming ur on bfs

Bfs causes this. Go cfs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
24th September 2011, 12:28 AM |#11  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
I've tried it all to get my phone connected. It only works in bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread