Originally Posted by ScOULaris
I think I've had my phone for about a year now. Would that be long enough to necessitate replacing the battery?
Is my battery life even particularly bad, or am I just expecting too much from my phone?
Edit: Okay, now I am at 35%, Down 10% from less than an hour ago, and all I have done is send and receive a few texts.
If your getting crappy battery remember to check that your doing things such as:
1. Having your brightness on either auto or minimum as much as you can top brightness destroys your battery!
2. Turning off auto sync unless you really need it..
3. Staying on wifi connection rather than 3G. 3G also destroys your battery.
4. And also just make sure that no rogue apps are excessively draining your battery some apps like to do that..
5. Most importantly if your really intent on getting better battery on your phone your really going to need to root it and flash a custom rom or atleast a custom kernel and i can pretty much assure you you will get better battery life than that with a kernel such as Matrix, Trinity or Air...