5,604,219 Members 49,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To]Change Your PRL!! Faster Data! (video tutorial)

Tip us?

neo_x22000
Old
Thanks Meter 17
will we still get free nights after 7?..or whatever time it starts

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to neo_x22000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rocket999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_x22000 View Post
will we still get free nights after 7?..or whatever time it starts

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
No all the calls count towards your minutes. Still unlimited texts

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
Nexus S 4g
Gummy 0.9.0
Matr1x 18.0, 200/1000, 105 live OC
V6 supercharger, 3g turbocharger, and a Verizon PRL!
The Following User Says Thank You to rocket999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3009

DONATE TO ME
is there any PRL that allows it to automatically switch from Sprint to Verizon and vice versa when the signals are bad?? i LOVED the 00001 PRL for service but i don't like the idea that i'll be using my minutes and roaming the entire time... currently have the 11114 PRL and it's still essentially Sprint and my understanding is that unless i use "Roam Control" it won't jump to Verizon?! if this works for sure, i won't mind paying for the app but if it doesn't what's the point??

jblazea50
Old
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1dynasty View Post
is there any PRL that allows it to automatically switch from Sprint to Verizon and vice versa when the signals are bad?? i LOVED the 00001 PRL for service but i don't like the idea that i'll be using my minutes and roaming the entire time... currently have the 11114 PRL and it's still essentially Sprint and my understanding is that unless i use "Roam Control" it won't jump to Verizon?! if this works for sure, i won't mind paying for the app but if it doesn't what's the point??
It works. Here's couple of screen shots with Sprint 3G and using Roam Control.

Roam Control on Verizon
The Following User Says Thank You to jblazea50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treyweez11
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Any confirmed evdo data on the hybrids? Doesn't work for me only on prl 00001 does evdo work.

Sent using Tapatalk, you know, the free version.
XDA IS DA ****T!!!

Revilo62
Old
Thanks Meter 1
When I type the *#*#8778#*#* and change the USB to modem and press back it doesn't save the setting. And when I do that the option for going to USB storage never goes away. Anyone know why I can't switch to modem? Any other ways for me to do this? I'm running CM9 rom with trinity kernel. Any help is appreciated.

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revilo62 View Post
When I type the *#*#8778#*#* and change the USB to modem and press back it doesn't save the setting. And when I do that the option for going to USB storage never goes away. Anyone know why I can't switch to modem? Any other ways for me to do this? I'm running CM9 rom with trinity kernel. Any help is appreciated.
i never pressed back after changing to "modem" just went forward with the QSPT program!! try that

frankie51
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyweez11 View Post
Any confirmed evdo data on the hybrids? Doesn't work for me only on prl 00001 does evdo work.

Sent using Tapatalk, you know, the free version.
Nope only 1x

Revilo62
Old
(Last edited by Revilo62; 28th February 2012 at 03:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1dynasty View Post
i never pressed back after changing to "modem" just went forward with the QSPT program!! try that
Does your connect to USB storage thing go away?

Under device manager when I just leave it without pressing back it says my phone is a portable device, it's not under port. Maybe a driver problem? I did the link of installing drivers on the OP by just running the exe file and that didn't seem to do much. It's installed but didn't change how my phone acts under device manager.

the1dynasty
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3009

DONATE TO ME
dunno man... i had drivers installed already and just connected and followed the video exactly... worked fine for me on oICS ROM... might want to try another ROM and just flash back to the one you're using as it won't flash over the PRL!!