OP karlbbbb

4th April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #191  
Flag Waterloo, ON, Canada
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiz01

Am somewhat of a n00b and getting a similar issue when I try to manually update my stock ATT Nexus S by downloading to the sdcard root and renaming update.zip

Code:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifying update Package ...
Installing update ...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop"o:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google.sojua/crespo:4.0.4/IMM76D/299849:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.
I'm running fully stock, still locked:
Android version: 2.3.4
Baseband version: I9020AUCKE1
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-ge382d80 android-build@apa28#1

Is it a issue with compatibility with the ATT radio? seems the error getting thrown mentions GRK39F? Are folks who are manually updating on ATT having any issues including having to flash the radio after?

Thanks folks, eager to join the ICS party, its overdue!

You say you're still on Android 2.3.4 so I would try flashing to 2.3.6 first using the update.zip and THEN flash the 4.0.4 update.zip

This is because the 4.0.4 update will only work on a stock 2.3.6.

Someone please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the issue here.
The Following User Says Thank You to sidprak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan

Check the battery stats and find the culpret. Chances are it'll be a dodgy app.

Hey, my battery life has taken a hit with 4.0.4 also. I went to Settings>Battery and the only noticeable thing is that Screen is at 58%. Next is WhatsApp at 6%. Is it normal for Screen to be that high? Anyone have suggestions? I took my phone off the charger at 9:30am and it died at 7pm after low to moderate usage.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT to add: I had the brightness on high for a lot of the day, which is unusual for me. Will see how much juice I get tomorrow when I leave it dim as always.
EDIT2: DLed JuiceDefender, hopefully it'll help. Maybe that + dim will give me my magical combo.
Last edited by n31295; 4th April 2012 at 05:58 AM.
4th April 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #193  
Flag London, ON

18 posts
More
SUCCESS!

Installing as I type this...

Finally worked on the 15 consecutive 'checkin'...also had the clock set forward 3 months...not sure if that helped.
4th April 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #194  

11 posts
cant submit the link but on android police there is a story up...

Can someone pull our their nerd decoder ring and let me know if this is supposed to mean anything to ATT 9020A users? I dled the file and dont see the flashable zip to attempt.
4th April 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #195  
Flag Palo Alto

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidprak

You say you're still on Android 2.3.4 so I would try flashing to 2.3.6 first using the update.zip and THEN flash the 4.0.4 update.zip

This is because the 4.0.4 update will only work on a stock 2.3.6.

Someone please correct me if I'm misunderstanding the issue here.

Thanks, that did the trick, didn't realize I was on 2.3.4 duh, right in front of my face. 4.0.4 went in like a charm after updating to 2.3.6. Now enjoying some ICS goodness
4th April 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #196  

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n31295

Hey, my battery life has taken a hit with 4.0.4 also. I went to Settings>Battery and the only noticeable thing is that Screen is at 58%. Next is WhatsApp at 6%. Is it normal for Screen to be that high? Anyone have suggestions? I took my phone off the charger at 9:30am and it died at 7pm after low to moderate usage.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT to add: I had the brightness on high for a lot of the day, which is unusual for me. Will see how much juice I get tomorrow when I leave it dim as always.

Same for me, the Screen eats my battery. I have it on Auto, I'll try dim.
4th April 2012, 05:01 AM   |  #197  
Flag Waterloo, ON, Canada

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiz01

Thanks, that did the trick, didn't realize I was on 2.3.4 duh, right in front of my face. 4.0.4 went in like a charm after updating to 2.3.6. Now enjoying some ICS goodness

Awesome!

I just took the plunge myself. Worked like a charm!
4th April 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #198  

1 posts
WORKS
I have a nexus s i9020a on Koodo in Ontario, I didn't get the OTA but I installed using the IEzMw3FU.zip file, just download it from the link
h t t p : / / v 1 9 . l s cache7.c.android.clients.google . c o m / packages/data/ota/google_crespoa/IEzMw3FU . z i p
(the spaces are because I'm a new user :P)
this is a link connected with google and is official! Also I know this is official because google has released factory images on code.google.com for the i9020a.
When you have the IEzMw3FU.zip rename it update.zip and place on your nexus s. Next reboot and hold the power and volume up. Use volume down to go to recovery and press power. When you get the triangle press power and volume up and go to install update from sd. Find your update.zip and click. It will update.
This only works for STOCK. This means NO modifications in any way, such as radio, etc. When it finishes you can reboot. It will make your apps ready for 4.0.4. And VOILA! You're now running ICS! I update from 2.3.6 stock. Never modded. Hope this helps!
4th April 2012, 09:18 AM   |  #199  

6 posts
Solved status 7 message in my 4.0.3

Hi there, I had problems on updating to 4.0.4 from my stock rooted 4.0.3.

Just below the status 7 error I had some message related to build.prop file in /system/.

For me the solution was, overwrite (for sure first backup the file to your SD) with rootexplorer the file build.prop with the original one from 4.0.3 (just opened the zip file from version 4.0.3 full stock rom and inside system you'll find the build.prop file) then reboot twice to be sure and the the standard procedure to update with CWM.

Hope this helps somebody.
4th April 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #200  
Flag Dededo
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
More
this does work! thank you O.P i was having problems getting my unit to pickup the OTA 4.0.4 update until i found this post. thanks again.

p.s after clearing google service framework and dialing the checkin code, it didnt just pop up. i had to pull my battery and restart the phone and it was almost instant

model: I9020a on 2.3.6
Last edited by rickeh82; 4th April 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread