Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[I9020T][I9023][I9020A][M200][D720] Nexus S 4.1.1/JRO03E Jelly Bean Update Thread

Tip us?

Big Dog KMc
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeta357 View Post
Try this out

Nexus S OTA:: Go to "settings>apps>all>Google Services Framework" Click clear data. Then go to "settings>about > check for updates", will show up automatically through that. Keep trying this, as it might take 20 times, but it does work. Just did it to mine Good luck!

Got this TIP from the Nexus thread in G+ and it worked like a charm for just the second time for me. (even I thought it was fake at first)

Cheers.
I did this on MY Nexus S earlier today and it worked.

When the wife came home from work I did the same and it also worked.

Both through WIFI.
will expire on the 22nd
Dropbox - Sign up and we both get free space!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Vibrant Running - RemICS-JB v5.0 [JB-4.2.2] - by N00B_IN_N33D

Nexus S Running - [ NOTHING! Permanently Broken. ]

powerslave12r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just want to thank everyone on this forum and off for all the help.

I'm now running (and in love) with the 4.1.1 JB on my Nexus S.

I was stuck last night at the 'Restart and Install' part where it would just fail. The answer was to go into airplane mode before clicking on restart and install.
The Following User Says Thank You to powerslave12r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x_Mischka_x
Old
(Last edited by x_Mischka_x; 22nd July 2012 at 06:09 AM.) Reason: Remembered one more thing.
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscatto View Post
I've been back & forth about getting a N7. Have you had any of the problems that others have reported about the build quality or ghosting effects? What are the cons in your opinion?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
It's a really great tablet, especially for only $200. The only real con I can think of is that the screen seems like the colors are much lighter than on the NS for example. I use the same image with different resolutions for the wallpaper on both, but the colors seem a bit deeper on the NS if that makes sense. But I totally love it, definitely worth it imo.

And no, I haven't had any of the ghosting issues or any other problems with the device. The AC adapter was broken on arrival, but they're fixing it for free and it's not like I can't hold out for a few days using my PC USB ports and phone adapter.

Actually, there is one more thing. The silver bevel that surrounds the screen Is more of a corner than a curve, so it kind of digs into your palms if you hold the edges tightly. If you've ever played a DS Lite for a long time and your hands went kind of numb from the pointy edge, you know what I mean. But if you hold it more loosely or put pressure on the back instead of the sides it's fine.

shtyl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default m200 jelly bean official rom

does anyone already have m200 korean phone jellybean update (rom)?

teuntje3
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Is the screen off animation gone in jellybean?

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus S met Tapatalk

anshumandash
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Originally Posted by shahidwzr
So the only way is to flash pure 4.04 stock image with stock recovery? or is there any other way around[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimDroid View Post
Yes

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
I received OTA on my phone and successfully installed with CWM 6.0.0.7 recovery. I had stock 4.0.4. It gave me an error that "signature verification failed. Do you want to install unsigned files" I confirmed yes and it installed without any problems. CWM also prompted me if I want prevent stock recovery to be overwritten and next was Fix Root to continue with Root access. All is working fine now.

So OTA can be received and installed with custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by teuntje3 View Post
Is the screen off animation gone in jellybean?

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus S met Tapatalk
I received OTA and after upgrade to Jelly Bean the screen off CRT animation is still there and I also have a new boot animation.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
In order for the OTA to properly come to your phone, you will need to unroot the device. Or you could flash one of the rooted JB roms in the development section of the Nexus S forums.
You don't need to unroot. I had a rooted ICS with CWM recovery. I received the OTA, installed successfully and CWM prompted me to even fix root to keep root. Now I have JB running with root access.

xdadkg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Nexus S notifications problem with JB

Installed the JB 4.1.1 update on my Nexus S I9020T using the "google services hack" yesterday. Since then the notifications for Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Twitter apps are not showing up. The notifications are working fine for Gmail, Google Talk, Instagram & Whatsapp. Don't know if any other app is impacted as these were the only apps to have any activity since yesterday.

PS: The CRT animation for lock screen is working fine for me.

anshumandash
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeta357 View Post
Try this out

Nexus S OTA:: Go to "settings>apps>all>Google Services Framework" Click clear data. Then go to "settings>about > check for updates", will show up automatically through that. Keep trying this, as it might take 20 times, but it does work. Just did it to mine Good luck!

Got this TIP from the nexus thread in G+ and it worked like a charm for just the second time for me. (even I thought it was fake at first)

Cheers.
You can even try this: Input *#*#2432546#*#* in dialer. It checks ota. You will get a message "Checkin Successful". I did this 2-3 times at night before going to sleep. When I got up in the morning I had the JB update waiting for me.

dscatto
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Mischka_x View Post
It's a really great tablet, especially for only $200. The only real con I can think of is that the screen seems like the colors are much lighter than on the NS for example. I use the same image with different resolutions for the wallpaper on both, but the colors seem a bit deeper on the NS if that makes sense. But I totally love it, definitely worth it imo.

And no, I haven't had any of the ghosting issues or any other problems with the device. The AC adapter was broken on arrival, but they're fixing it for free and it's not like I can't hold out for a few days using my PC USB ports and phone adapter.

Actually, there is one more thing. The silver bevel that surrounds the screen Is more of a corner than a curve, so it kind of digs into your palms if you hold the edges tightly. If you've ever played a DS Lite for a long time and your hands went kind of numb from the pointy edge, you know what I mean. But if you hold it more loosely or put pressure on the back instead of the sides it's fine.
Thanks for the response! Those cons are definitely not a deal breaker for me. Hmmm...now where did I put that credit card, lol!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Atatsu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got the ota this morning. I turned on airplane mode and I received the update, the airplane mode tips helps, thx.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app