Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[I9023][REF] All OTA and Available Full ROM Packages

Tip us?

MrXelerate
Old
(Last edited by MrXelerate; 15th January 2012 at 06:45 PM.) Reason: made mistake
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
These are all official over-the-air updates from Google. Flashing any of these will not void your warranty, and they'll all unroot the device since they're stock.
Like if i flash this Android 2.3.6/GRK39F/XXKF1 Radio/KA3 Bootloader
So it will also get me back to stock device + ill get the warranty back? and they will never know about the device that it was ever rooted?..

Actually im new to android and im loving it, im a little confused about Radio thing.. like i currenty have XXKB3 and the firmware that is listed above ^ is having XXKF1, will this create any conflict? i mean if i have waited for OTA update from google, so i would have got the same update 2.3.6 with XXKF1 Radio? and it would also have the same build number GRK39F instead of GRI54?

Thanks

naimhack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi if i install this for my Nexus si9023 did i update via OTA?
my is rooted
i want to install this file ZD3PyN0t.zip

Lazer Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXelerate View Post
Like if i flash this Android 2.3.6/GRK39F/XXKF1 Radio/KA3 Bootloader
So it will also get me back to stock device + ill get the warranty back? and they will never know about the device that it was ever rooted?..

Actually im new to android and im loving it, im a little confused about Radio thing.. like i currenty have XXKB3 and the firmware that is listed above ^ is having XXKF1, will this create any conflict? i mean if i have waited for OTA update from google, so i would have got the same update 2.3.6 with XXKF1 Radio? and it would also have the same build number GRK39F instead of GRI54?

Thanks
To be clear, you are not getting the warranty "back". You are tricking customer support into thinking you never voided your warranty by flashing a custom ROM. I hope you understand the difference.

Anyways, flashing any of the files in this thread will bring you back to stock. That means stock radio, bootloader and build. However, it will be still necessary to lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock), otherwise it's pretty easy to see that you've tinkered with the device.

As for your second question, the builds above are the official builds from Google. If you have the i9023 (easily recognizable by the SLCD screen) these are the builds that you would get with OTA. Don't look at all the build/radio/bootloader names, they usually change with each new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naimhack
Hi if i install this for my Nexus si9023 did i update via OTA?
my is rooted
I think I understand you are asking if you will still receive OTA updates after flashing any of the above files. If so, the answer is yes.
You will loose root by flashing any of the above, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lazer Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alen1901
Old
Thanks Meter 6,911
Ok, 1 question. What if i flash 4.0.3, can i flash back to 2.3.6? Because i read somewhere that this could be tricky to do, you can mess up your phone. Is that true?

Sent from my GT-I5800
Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
KERNEL: Code_Blue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus 5 Purity rom THEMES. click.

Nexus 4 Purity rom THEMES. click.

My Galaxy S4 lockscreen for Galaxy S2. click.

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2,216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alen1901 View Post
Ok, 1 question. What if i flash 4.0.3, can i flash back to 2.3.6? Because i read somewhere that this could be tricky to do, you can mess up your phone. Is that true?

Sent from my GT-I5800
Yes you can flash back. You would have to unlock your bootloader (which will wipe all your data), and then install ClockworkMod recovery.

Go into CWM recovery, wipe data, cache (you MUST wipe data and cache if you're downgrading), wipe Dalvik, system and boot as well. Once you've done that, you can flash the full 2.3.6 ROM package from the original post.
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

LG G3 (LG-LS990 / Sprint) :: LS990ZV4 (Android 4.4.2 / KVT49L)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (SM-T337A / AT&T) :: T337AUCU1ANF4 (Android 4.4.2 / KOT49H)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P907A / AT&T) :: P907AUCU1AND7 (Android 4.4.2 / KOT49H)

Coming Soon:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (SM-T707A / AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910A / AT&T)
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s199531
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi...i using 2.3.3 , baseband i9023XXKB3, build GRI54 , plan to upgrade to ICS..
what should i do if i wish to provide this ROM to u as u menton, Still need ROMs for:
Android 2.3.3/GRI54/XXKB3 Radio/KA3 Bootloader

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2,216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s199531 View Post
hi...i using 2.3.3 , baseband i9023XXKB3, build GRI54 , plan to upgrade to ICS..
what should i do if i wish to provide this ROM to u as u menton, Still need ROMs for:
Android 2.3.3/GRI54/XXKB3 Radio/KA3 Bootloader
Thanks for offering to help!! I'll PM you instructions later on.
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

LG G3 (LG-LS990 / Sprint) :: LS990ZV4 (Android 4.4.2 / KVT49L)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (SM-T337A / AT&T) :: T337AUCU1ANF4 (Android 4.4.2 / KOT49H)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P907A / AT&T) :: P907AUCU1AND7 (Android 4.4.2 / KOT49H)

Coming Soon:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (SM-T707A / AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910A / AT&T)

TomTom++
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default original GRI54 ROM

First of all, thanks for this useful thread!

I'd also like to know how to grab the original stock ROM from my Nexus S (I9023, Android 2.3.3, GRI54) just in case I wanted to revert my phone back to its original state. I know 2.3.6 is better than 2.3.3 but maybe I will need it for any reason in the future. My problem is, that if I unlock the bootloader (in order to install Clockwork recovery), I will loose my current configuration (apps, settings, etc.) since the /data partition will be wiped. And the original stock recovery will also be gone once I install Clockwork.

So my question is: can I boot into Clockwork recovery without flashing it to the recovery partition in order to access its backup feature, so that I can make a full backup of my original (current) system? Of course, the bootloader is still locked, so the real question is whether I can use a command like this with a locked bootloader:

fastboot boot recovery.img

I think it should work because this won't modify the system since I only boot the custom recovery.

Thanks in advance.

s199531
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Thanks for offering to help!! I'll PM you instructions later on.
waiting ur pm..

s199531
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is it i have to post 10time b4 i can use pm function??