Ask a question

No registration required

[INFO] [i9020] CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 11 by Koush

OP Koush

4th December 2011, 11:12 PM   |  #1901  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Install PDANet if you have driver issues. That fixed it for me.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
5th December 2011, 12:06 AM   |  #1902  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 828

3,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidnoit22

Alpha 11 was a success, i am waiting for Alpha 12 now. xD

Doubt you will see it. Next will be a CM Beta I will bet

Bounced off a tower to a forum near you!
5th December 2011, 12:14 AM   |  #1903  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUser00110001

adb remount
adb shell
su
rm /system/app/Maps.apk
pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
reboot

This worked perfectly for me with Maps and Google Earth. Will I need to do this with all the other apps included in the Gapps zip from the OP once there is an update available for it? I really want to avoid wiping my phone all over again since I seem to have most things running smoothly now.
5th December 2011, 12:33 AM   |  #1904  
Thanks Meter: 19

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24e

These are high quality "uncompressed" (although JPEG is still a compressed image) images.

If you compare the same image side by side with one taken on 2.3.7 you will see more detail in the image.

It's like comparing RAW to JPEG, although we're comparing a higher quality JPEG to a lower quality JPEG.

It only poses an issue if you're e-mail pictures or running low on space. For me, being interested in photography, I'd rather the larger more detailed image. Some people just dont care, but hopefully a setting will be made available for compression ratio.

You would have to be comparing extremely large prints or enlarged crops of a few megapixels to see any difference - JPEG compression differences would otherwise be impossible to see visually with the limitations of the lens/sensor. All this means for us is unnecessarily large files.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Last edited by phillevy; 5th December 2011 at 12:36 AM.
5th December 2011, 12:37 AM   |  #1905  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,399

26,726 posts
@koush
the link to the kernel source for cm9 alpha is down. dont want it to be violating gpl
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2011, 01:02 AM   |  #1906  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 7

56 posts
More
Do you see your hotspot appearing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegtfusion

@ Koush
I tried All ICS roms now but on all ICS roms i have the same problem including CM9-A11.
1st time I did a full wipe/cache/data, formatted /system, /boot, /data /cache
flashed rom and rebooted.
wifi doesnt work, it just hangs at turning wifi on.

2nd time i flashed using the rom manager method like you said in the first post.
same problem, the wifi doesnt work.

"I wiped data and installed off of ROM Manager and retested before reporting this bug."

I also attached a logcat

Device:
Nexus S i9023
radio: KB3 (best for my location)

regards,
thegtfusion

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

I +1 this! I have the same problem with a i9023 device
"I wiped data and installed off of ROM Manager and retested before reporting this bug."

5th December 2011, 01:06 AM   |  #1907  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 137

696 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillevy

You would have to be comparing extremely large prints or enlarged crops of a few megapixels to see any difference - JPEG compression differences would otherwise be impossible to see visually with the limitations of the lens/sensor. All this means for us is unnecessarily large files.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I completely agree, no needs of 6mb jpegs for cell pics....
5th December 2011, 01:35 AM   |  #1908  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 2,193

3,935 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papubhai

Do you see your hotspot appearing???

No I didnt. It didn't show any available netwotk.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
5th December 2011, 02:05 AM   |  #1909  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 95

266 posts
More
The lack of new Nexus S ICS roms is frustrating for me lol.
5th December 2011, 03:34 AM   |  #1910  
Recognized Contributor
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 4,091

2,770 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawktonson

This worked perfectly for me with Maps and Google Earth. Will I need to do this with all the other apps included in the Gapps zip from the OP once there is an update available for it? I really want to avoid wiping my phone all over again since I seem to have most things running smoothly now.

I usually remove all apps that be got from market from the zip file before installing so these issues do not pop up.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucCTaylor

That makes no sense to some people must tell them to wipe data go into the gapps zip folder on there computer and delete maps.apk then flash it and down load from market simple

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

adb is very simple to use if you follow instructions to get it set up. Much easier than doing a wipe and installing everything again.

If you are flashing ROMs you should at the very least know how to use adb

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxFeLiXxxx

I can't get debugging working - which drivers should I use? I don't see any devices in Device Manager in Windows 7 x64. And toggling debugging on phone changes nothing.

Using Google to search for "install nexus s adb drivers" brings up this link http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html and videos on how to install.

If your device is not listed then try a different USB port and use the USB cable that came with the phone.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballs91

I've been having trouble with cell reception on this rom. Losing connection completely and then reconnecting after a minute or so. Is anyone else having this problem or is it related to my radio? What do you guys suggest for ICS nexus s on ATT

I have been using radio i9020xxxb3 as my radio on ATT since I been using the Nexus.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidUser00110001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread