5,598,233 Members 46,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(info guide) --- i/o scheduler ---

Tip us?

stempox
Old
(Last edited by stempox; 16th April 2014 at 12:09 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5347
Info 2 (info guide) --- i/o scheduler ---

The Scheduler is an algorithm that, given a set of requests for access to a resource, establishing a temporal order for the execution of such requests, favoring those that meet certain criteria in order to optimize access to that resource.
The difference between the various scheduler is the focus on certain criteria rather than on others.
The choice of a given scheduler does not produce visible changes so as to the choice of the governor, but still provides some improvements.
As usual schedulers are personally tested to find one that best suits your needs.

DEADLINE
It aims to provide a deadline, a deadline for all requests in order to avoid undesirable phenomena such as the "starvation" or the eternal waiting for some requests that occurs when one or more background processes are left indefinitely in the queue the ready, because there is always at least one of the highest priority ready process.

VR
The next request is performed according to the distance from the last request. In the network running good opinions about this scheduler.

NOOP
Push all requests in a single queue simply by their arrival order, grouping together those contiguous.

SIO
E 'the scheduler simpler, does not make any type of sort, is intended only for the purpose of obtaining a low-latency, ie to reduce the amount of time that elapses between the instant at which the request is generated and that in which the request is satisfied.

CFQ
Order requests of different processes in queues for each queue type and assigns a specific interval of time whose duration depends on the priorities assigned to processes. Can be considered the Ondemand the scheduler, the scheduler is in fact more balanced, doing its job in an honest manner.

BFQ
It 's based on CFQ but, instead of the intervals of time, assigns a part of the bandwidth of the disc to each process running in a proportional manner.

Anticipatory
Order requests based on criteria predictive, that puts the demands paused for a short period of time in anticipation that more of this to come to aggregate them.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to stempox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustinBieber
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Which scheduler is the most stable with decent battery & performance with smartassv2?

stempox
Old
Thanks Meter 5347
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshuynh View Post
Which scheduler is the most stable with decent battery & performance with smartassv2?
Hello, I am very happy with smartass v2, and CFQ scheduler.
good performance and excellent battery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stempox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayjay3333
Old
Thanks Meter 967
Another great Stempox guide. Thanks
Nexus⁴
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Kit Kat
Kernel: Stock (Nov 20)
Baseband Version: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.98
Bootloader Version: MAKOZ30d
Build Number: KOT49H
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0

Nexus S GT-I9020A
ROM: 4.1.2 RasBeanJelly Nov 6 2012 build
Kernel: Trinity TNS12 JB Alpha12
Baseband Version: I9020AUCLH1
Bootloader Version: I9020XXLC2
Build Number: JZ054K
Recovery: TWRP 2.4.1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to jayjay3333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stempox
Old
Thanks Meter 5347
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay3333 View Post
Another great Stempox guide. Thanks
yes friend, thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stempox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustinBieber
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Thank you! Awesome guides btw, especially for noobs like me
The Following User Says Thank You to JustinBieber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stempox
Old
Thanks Meter 5347
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshuynh View Post
Thank you! Awesome guides btw, especially for noobs like me
thanks, is a pleasure to help new guys if possible
The Following User Says Thank You to stempox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dinos3
Old
Thanks Meter 151
all about I/O SCHEDULERS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59&postcount=4
proud owner of GALAXY S2

and sorry for my bad english

stempox
Old
Thanks Meter 5347
If you want you can post as governor-scheduler combination frequently used and why.
would be useful
The Following User Says Thank You to stempox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dinos3
Old
Thanks Meter 151
goverrnor: lulzactive
IO: sio
for battery and performance..
kernel matrix ics.. oc 1300mhz,bus speed default..
proud owner of GALAXY S2

and sorry for my bad english