[INFO] Official CM9 Nightlies rolling out NOW!

28th February 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #81  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
More
Also poor battery performance
I am also seeing very poor battery performance. I would estimate that the stats mentioned by dexterboy1106 are very similar to what I've been seeing.

I've only run stock gb on my ns4g before this so do not have a great deal to compare it too. Other than the battery life the rom has been stable for 2 days now and I'm loving it.
29th February 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #82  
Flag la
Thanks Meter: 22

141 posts
More
I'm trying something new Went to the performance menu set the governor to on demand Set the max CPU at 1200 MHz Minimum is at 100 MHz Will report back later so far battery is doing way better

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App
29th February 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #83  

5 posts
thx for your hardwork!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
29th February 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #84  
Flag CA 916
Thanks Meter: 7

119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterboy1106

I'm trying something new Went to the performance menu set the governor to on demand Set the max CPU at 1200 MHz Minimum is at 100 MHz Will report back later so far battery is doing way better

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

That's what I have mine at and the battery does pretty good as long as I have a dark background and the brightness low. My phone came off the charger around 7am and just now got a low battery warning. It saw pretty good use today since I was home with my son and was checking my work email regularity and sending texts back and fourth.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
29th February 2012, 06:54 AM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 80

168 posts
More
Any chances to implement interface for adding non English dictionary?
29th February 2012, 08:40 AM   |  #86  
Flag Cherry Hill, NJ
Thanks Meter: 14

193 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just flashed CM9 20120226 with gapps 20120224 and su 3.0.7. I noticed that the lowest brightness settings are higher than they are on 4.0.3 stock. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Looks like this issue happens after the screen/phone gets fully "locked" (power button "click") after an initial power on. When the screen turns back on it's now brighter than it was before. The only solution is to reboot.
Last edited by BlindWolf8; 29th February 2012 at 08:54 AM.
29th February 2012, 12:00 PM   |  #87  

5 posts
My experience with CM9 nightly 2/25
Nexus S, I9020A

update-cm-9-20120225-NIGHTLY-crespo-signed.zip
gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip

Was running CM7 nightlies for a while but most recently was running CM7 stable (7.1.0.1-NS I think).

Wondering whether others are seeing anything similar.

1. Phone and SMS works.

2. WiFi works but seems to be slow. Browser and other apps take a long time to download anything, e.g. GMail takes ~5 seconds to show first view; Google Reader can take 10s or more to update feeds; browser is very laggy.

3. Carrier data doesn't work. The signal bars seem to go blue (i.e. on) when WiFi is connected, but if I disconnect WiFi then the carrier bars also disconnect. It also seems to flip between E and 3G a lot, like it's thrashing.

4. Overall phone UI is extremely laggy. Very slow compared to CM7 stable. Apps can take multiple seconds to open, apps drawer takes seconds to open, nothing scrolls smoothly.

5. Battery usage is poor. Runs down battery in 8 hours or less with moderate usage. Device seems to be much warmer than when running CM7.

6. Wallet crashes. I initially got constant messages about "Unfortunately wallet has stopped". Doing Manage Apps > Wallet > Force Stop seems to help.

7. Up-to-date Market app doesn't work. It opens and I can search for apps but when I click on a specific app it crashes ("Unfortunately Market has stopped"). If I Manage Apps > Market > Uninstall Updates then it works.
29th February 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #88  

5 posts
Possible to Disable Wallet
Wallet seems to be one of the big culprits for me.

(Nexus S baseband I9020A on Rogers, CM9 nightly 2/25, GApps 20120215 )

My battery life is about 4 hours, battery monitor says that Wallet is the top user at 48%.

If I 'force stop' the Wallet then that seems to help a bit, but it restarts after 5 mins or so.

Is it possible to disable it?
29th February 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 1,038

3,022 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfi

Wallet seems to be one of the big culprits for me.

(Nexus S baseband I9020A on Rogers, CM9 nightly 2/25, GApps 20120215 )

My battery life is about 4 hours, battery monitor says that Wallet is the top user at 48%.

If I 'force stop' the Wallet then that seems to help a bit, but it restarts after 5 mins or so.

Is it possible to disable it?

Just uninstall it or freeze it with Titanium.
29th February 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #90  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 615

290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihiladrem

I am also seeing very poor battery performance. I would estimate that the stats mentioned by dexterboy1106 are very similar to what I've been seeing.

I've only run stock gb on my ns4g before this so do not have a great deal to compare it too. Other than the battery life the rom has been stable for 2 days now and I'm loving it.

You should use some alternetive kernels without battery issues like Matrix, AIR and so on

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergie716

Change log for NS4G

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo4g

Change log for GSM Nexus S

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot!!! Very useful info!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus S General by ThreadRank