will lack of memory card support stop you buying?

Search This thread

Darrien13

Jan 2, 2009
What about when custom ROMs come out, and wiping & flashing are a part of our daily lives?!
I'm thinking when it gets rooted in the recovery it will will have different wipe sections such as wipe apps and another wipe option such as wipe your internal storage such as pictures and music

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using XDA App

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
I'm fine with it. If I had any music, I'd stream it from my house. The only stuff I'd actually have stored is backup stuff and videos, that's it. 16GB is enough for me.

suhas_sm

Jan 26, 2009
Mumbai
More than enough for me. I am an album guy when it comes to music. So dont carry more than 6-7 albums that i want to or like to listen. Movies can b deleted as soon as u watch them. If we can do away with a 8 GB Ipod touch with nuisance of iTunes .. this is much much better than that :)

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
come on now. According to all the android fanboi's hanging out in the wp7 forums, that is a deal breaker (no external storage).
So I don't see how this phone sells at all considering:
1. designed for hardcore power users
2. No external memory
3. No hspa+
4. Ho HD video recording

This device must be doomed to fail then... :p

mingkee

come on now. According to all the android fanboi's hanging out in the wp7 forums, that is a deal breaker (no external storage).
2. No external memory
3. No hspa+
4. Ho HD video recording

No 720p HD video recording?
HELL NO!

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
No 720p HD video recording?
HELL NO!

2. No external memory
3. No hspa+
4. Ho HD video recording

It should be possible to enable 720p HD like it was on the Nexus One ... Yeah it's bad it's not standard, but it should be possible

No HSPA+ which means it won't get speeds higher than 7.2 mbps whenever T-Mobile fully enables their network.... But it still gets up to 7.2 mbps which is still a lot considering home networks generally offer 3 mbps. I think I'll still get it....

If it did have SD Card slot, 720p and HSPA+, it would be the top all-around phone right now..... But if that's the case, how would Samsung make money in other places? They gotta take away some stuff.....which is pretty selfish, but hey.....it's about money....

fredjm31

May 21, 2009
Toulouse
The lack of a memory card slot will definetly not stop me from buying.

These slots are usually so unconvenient ...

I prefer they spend money to put memory rather than a memory slot where I will put a 16 Gb memory card that I will never change because it's so complicated to access to the slot.

kabumm

Dec 12, 2010
I dont need this slot, too.
I even dont know any of my friends who needs more than 16gb - i won't need :)

fredjm31

May 21, 2009
Toulouse
The lack of a memory card slot will definetly not stop me from buying.

These slots are usually so unconvenient ...

I prefer they spend money to put memory rather than a memory slot where I will put a 16 Gb memory card that I will never change because it's so complicated to access to the slot.

I forgot to say, I don't mind the lack of memory card slot, if there is a reasonable-speed USB.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Its pretty much a deal-breaker for me, I refuse to ever go back to having less than my full music collection on my mobile.

Other problem is losing the video player in my Galaxy S, which is now perfect after the 2.2.1 update.

Sound quality is also an issue, I hope it will be close to that in the Galaxy S, given the internals are essentially the same, but until I confirmation this is a pressing question for me.

Will it support bluetooth HID devices? Another question I need answered...

I may still get one, just because I haven't had a new mobile in like 6 months, which is unheard of for me...

tks989

Feb 26, 2007
Hartford, CT.
heck no!
one monkey complained about no SD and everyone hopped on the bandwaggon. it's not that serious. never filled up any of my 8GB iphones in the past. i'll be just fine

gogol

May 20, 2005
If you have 10GB of storage size, how many songs can you store there?

5000?

If you listen a day 50 songs, you need 100 days to go back to the beginning.

Really, I just don't get it when people said "I WANT 32GB TO BRING ALL MY SONGS COLLECTION".

If you store all those songs, BUT DONT LISTEN TO THEM, what a waste of storage space.

So, to all of you who has 10GB of songs in your phone, have you listen to ALL of them? Took how many days?

If not, then again, you waste your storage space :D

tekkitan

May 28, 2009
Cleveland
heck no!
one monkey complained about no SD and everyone hopped on the bandwaggon. it's not that serious. never filled up any of my 8GB iphones in the past. i'll be just fine

It's serious for people that want to carry their whole music collection with them. It isn't a bandwagon. It is a MAJOR change compared to all other Android devices available.

tekkitan

May 28, 2009
Cleveland
If you have 10GB of storage size, how many songs can you store there?

5000?

If you listen a day 50 songs, you need 100 days to go back to the beginning.

Really, I just don't get it when people said "I WANT 32GB TO BRING ALL MY SONGS COLLECTION".

If you store all those songs, BUT DONT LISTEN TO THEM, what a waste of storage space.

So, to all of you who has 10GB of songs in your phone, have you listen to ALL of them? Took how many days?

If not, then again, you waste your storage space :D

Some people use their phones daily (and all day) as an MP3 player. It is the greatness of having a SMART phone. That is fine if you don't need it, but some other people use it for more than a phone.

gogol

May 20, 2005
Yes, but what's wrong with cycling the collection once a week or weeks :)

I am talking about some waste of storage spaces if you have a lot of music files which you have never listened !

Some people use their phones daily (and all day) as an MP3 player. It is the greatness of having a SMART phone. That is fine if you don't need it, but some other people use it for more than a phone.

xalucardx

Aug 11, 2010
I got the MT4G and the lack of development make is just another phone... The no led, no external sd and no HSPA+ is not a deal breaker for me , I want a NS right now! :D

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

tekkitan

May 28, 2009
Cleveland
Yes, but what's wrong with cycling the collection once a week or weeks :)

I am talking about some waste of storage spaces if you have a lot of music files which you have never listened !

You don't seem to understand. Not everyone is like you. I don't want to have to transfer files to my phone all the time. The point is I will have them when I want them.

Again, not everyone feels the same way you do. Wasting storage? All I would use that storage for, is music. I have no other need for it.

gogol

May 20, 2005
So, basically, what you want is only music.

You don't want to store anything else on the storage.

Not apps ... not data ... nothing, except music :)

Right, ... certainly you are not the target market for this Nexus S, because it is not a phone that is especially created to carry music.

Don't be mad, I do understand some people do that (but probably they have iPod or Zune or MP3 player) ... :D

Probably ... this is again, probably ... Wait HoneyComb with that rumored Google Music service :)

You don't seem to understand. Not everyone is like you. I don't want to have to transfer files to my phone all the time. The point is I will have them when I want them.

Again, not everyone feels the same way you do. Wasting storage? All I would use that storage for, is music. I have no other need for it.