Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus S (GSM) android 4.0.4 Official update (with download links !!)

Tip us?
 
m.sabra
Old
(Last edited by m.sabra; 29th March 2012 at 08:57 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 529
Posts: 130
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Beirut
Smile Nexus S (GSM) android 4.0.4 Official update (with download links !!)

Yes here it is the nexus s official android 4.0.4 from google
this needs to be flashed over the stock 4.0.3 official rom from google it's a 17.8 mb update not a full rom so you can only flash it over stock 4.0.3 i repeat only over stock or else it will fail.
i managed to get the download link from google servers here it is http://android.clients.google.com/pa...o/hR7QFEtn.zip as you can see an official google link.
so far i noticed that the recovery is fixed (no longer disappear on i9023 devices)
and battery problems solved too.

ONLY FLASHABLE VIA CWM
the reason is here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24198556
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bjornvil
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 107
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Reykjavík
Is it worth going back to stock 4.0.3 and update to 4.0.4?

I am rooted running Codename Android 1.5.5 and Air Kernel 3.7. Pretty happy with that set up. Very smooth and stable and decent battery life (20+ hrs).

I love the tweaks and mods included in CNA. Is it worth it not having them?
 
m.sabra
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 529
Posts: 130
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornvil View Post
Is it worth going back to stock 4.0.3 and update to 4.0.4?

I am rooted running Codename Android 1.5.5 and Air Kernel 3.7. Pretty happy with that set up. Very smooth and stable and decent battery life (20+ hrs).

I love the tweaks and mods included in CNA. Is it worth it not having them?
Hmm of course it does not have the tweak of custom roms,but if you want a stock experience this is way better than 4.0.3 lots of issue fixed,it's smoother now and battery issues all gone plus the recovery now works again on i9023 devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ezhangin
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Getting a Status 7 error trying to apply this update to a stock unrooted GSM Nexus S. Hmm...
 
glider010
Old
#5  
glider010's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lecce
guys how i should istall it on my nexus s i9023 if i can't use my recovery? mmm i have 4.0.3 stock

My drop box invitaion link is http://db.tt/8hRMgzRB Use it and get free 500 MB
 
m.sabra
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 529
Posts: 130
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by glider010 View Post
guys how i should istall it on my nexus s i9023 if i can't use my recovery? mmm i have 4.0.3 stock
is your bootloader unlocked ?
if it's unlocked use fastboot to boot clockworkmod recovery and flash from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhangin View Post
Getting a Status 7 error trying to apply this update to a stock unrooted GSM Nexus S. Hmm...
you must be completely stock,no stock kernel or modified system apps or files,you can try flashing the 4.0.3 rom,even if you are unrooted with a modified stock system it will not work.
 
ezhangin
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.sabra View Post
you must be completely stock,no stock kernel or modified system apps or files,you can try flashing the 4.0.3 rom,even if you are unrooted with a modified stock system it will not work.
Totally stock.
 
glider010
Old
#8  
glider010's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lecce
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.sabra View Post
is your bootloader unlocked ?
if it's unlocked use fastboot to boot clockworkmod recovery and flash from there.
no, damn it....other solution?

My drop box invitaion link is http://db.tt/8hRMgzRB Use it and get free 500 MB
 
blackhemi4x4
Old
#9  
blackhemi4x4's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 276
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Loganville, GA USA
how does one with a 9020a do this? I dont have a stock 4.0.3. Any ideas??
Nexus 7 32gb Wi-Fi 4.2.1
SGSIII 16gb Pebble Blue
Nexus S
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhemi4x4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mixtapes08
Old
#10  
mixtapes08's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,423
Posts: 3,395
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Quezon City
Much better if you all wait for the devs to handle this.

Sent from my Nexus S
Nexus 4: Google Stock 4.4.4 + Gravity Box + Matr1x Kernel
Galaxy Nexus: Vanilla AOSP 4.4.3 + Gravity Box + DirtyVSR Kernel
Nexus S: Vanilla AOSP 4.4.3 + Gravity Box + Stock Kernel


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes