Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more
Post Reply

just got nexus s!

OP g1user101

22nd April 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag OC
Thanks Meter: 99
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
hey guys. what from is best for speed and battery life? I'm using cyber right now.

Nd also, I'm on T-Mobile and km getting H speed ? shouldn't it be 3g?? lol

just wanted to say that its the best phone I've ever had. and I've had iPhone 4 sensation amaze etc.

thanks to all devs out there!

Sent from my Nexus S using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,940
 
26,350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1user101

hey guys. what from is best for speed and battery life? I'm using cyber right now.

Nd also, I'm on T-Mobile and km getting H speed ? shouldn't it be 3g?? lol

just wanted to say that its the best phone I've ever had. and I've had iPhone 4 sensation amaze etc.

thanks to all devs out there!

Sent from my Nexus S using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

h is hspa, its high speed 3g. dont mistake it for tmobiles hspa+(which is even faster 3g, tmo calls it 4g). its normal, thats what you should be seeing if you have hspa in your area.
some info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Speed_Packet_Access
22nd April 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #3  
rhadrio's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 17
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1user101

hey guys. what from is best for speed and battery life? I'm using cyber right now.

Nd also, I'm on T-Mobile and km getting H speed ? shouldn't it be 3g?? lol

just wanted to say that its the best phone I've ever had. and I've had iPhone 4 sensation amaze etc.

thanks to all devs out there!

Sent from my Nexus S using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Welcome to the Nexus S community! You'll love the phone, believe me

As for the "H" it actually stands for HSDPA (which is better than 3G in the term of speed). So basicly its a good thing when your phone shows "H" all the time
22nd April 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag OC
Thanks Meter: 99
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
ohh I see. well its a freaking great phone!!! haha

Sent from my Nexus S using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 734
 
624 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove aokp, you should give it a try
22nd April 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #6  
adolfo778's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garden Grove, CA
Thanks Meter: 610
 
3,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1user101

ohh I see. well its a freaking great phone!!! haha

Sent from my Nexus S using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

I see you have arrived welcome my fellow orange county friend
Im using Gummy its badass give it a shot
and yes I agree this phone is way better than the htc sensation that I previously owned even though it had better specs
22nd April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag OC
Thanks Meter: 99
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfo778

I see you have arrived welcome my fellow orange county friend
Im using Gummy its badass give it a shot
and yes I agree this phone is way better than the htc sensation that I previously owned even though it had better specs

Glad to be here. Awesome phone haha

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
22nd April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag OC
Thanks Meter: 99
 
1,641 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
hey guys, im planning to stay on cyber. what kernel has most functions out there that will increase wifi range? and battery life?

what cpu settings are good for this? using nsettings
22nd April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #9  
chronophase1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
912 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Wi-Fi is more dependent on the radio I believe. I haven't really toyed with CPU speeds on my phone as it's pretty snappy with the stock settings. There are numerous kernels available to use. Download a few and have at it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus S General by ThreadRank