Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REF] Complete List of Roms | Kernels | Rooting/Other Guides for Nexus S 4G (CDMA)

OP Vandam500

10th May 2011, 06:02 AM   |  #41  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,333

1,439 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandam500

Exactly. So the question is when they flash a ROM like they did with SuperAOSP why is it that they appear to have no radio installed thus resulting in having no signal. Unless its erasing the current radio they have?

Sent from my Nexus S

Because SuperAOSP is not build for the ns4g, it's built for the ns. It doesn't have the cdma stuff in it.
10th May 2011, 06:30 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 206

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchy

Because SuperAOSP is not build for the ns4g, it's built for the ns. It doesn't have the cdma stuff in it.

Makes perfect sense to me.

It also appears the BLN app doesnt work on this device...

netarchy, do these devices suffer from the charging issues (sbc) like the evo did...is there any reason of an sbc on this.
10th May 2011, 07:10 AM   |  #43  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283

1,927 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchy

Damn so Devs are going to have to do a lot of work to make their ROMs universal? Or possibly need to have two separate ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandam500 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2011, 07:21 AM   |  #44  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 14

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmiller0905

I just flashed the SuperAOSP 8.0 rom and it booted fine but I had no cellular service whatsoever.

As an FYI - I tried when I got mine on Friday to install CM7 for NS (and also SuperAOSP 8.0 yesterday), and got no cell service on either of them. I don't know anything beyond those two, but for now, I'm using the stock rooted. Hoping for some ported ROMs as well.

Being a flashaholic and not having any choices is killing me
10th May 2011, 08:28 AM   |  #45  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,118

4,666 posts
Donate to Me
More
well tbh once source hits later this weke you can just download aosp source and build a stock restore...
10th May 2011, 10:52 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 178

454 posts
Probably a dumb question, but, I followed directions to the letter and if I type "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Installed drivers using PDAnet method and everything goes well, but adb doesn't seem to recognize my phone. Any help is much appreciated. For what it's worth i've used adb many times on my fascinate and am pretty familiar with it....but i'm stumped
10th May 2011, 03:48 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 29

707 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffzilla

Probably a dumb question, but, I followed directions to the letter and if I type "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Installed drivers using PDAnet method and everything goes well, but adb doesn't seem to recognize my phone. Any help is much appreciated. For what it's worth i've used adb many times on my fascinate and am pretty familiar with it....but i'm stumped

I ran into the same dumb problem. A reboot of my PC seemed to resolve it. Maybe the USB doesn't recognize it until you reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to kwan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2011, 04:03 PM   |  #48  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 6

239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008

hope we get more roms soon but that stock one will do for now.

Fixxxer, didnt you develop a rom or two for the CDMA hero.

(Sorry for the off topic)

Thanks for the reference guide, it will make things easy when i finally decide to root my nexus S
10th May 2011, 04:13 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 0

91 posts
Has anyone confirmed that the guide for MAC's works with the CDMA nexus? Also, should it still work on 2.3.4 even though the guide is for 2.3.3?
10th May 2011, 06:27 PM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 5

204 posts
More
I did the Gregg's root method with the full wipe and now my phone will not connect to sprint's network! I tired to update prl and profile. Nothing! Please help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread