Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] Complete List of Roms | Kernels | Rooting/Other Guides for Nexus S 4G (CDMA)

Tip us?

netarchy
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandam500 View Post
Exactly. So the question is when they flash a ROM like they did with SuperAOSP why is it that they appear to have no radio installed thus resulting in having no signal. Unless its erasing the current radio they have?

Sent from my Nexus S
Because SuperAOSP is not build for the ns4g, it's built for the ns. It doesn't have the cdma stuff in it.

Been helped by my efforts? Feel free to

(Funds go towards world domination... or possibly beer)

[My Github] [My Twitter]
[Got win? TeamWin]

zikronix
Old
Thanks Meter 206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchy View Post
Because SuperAOSP is not build for the ns4g, it's built for the ns. It doesn't have the cdma stuff in it.
Makes perfect sense to me.

It also appears the BLN app doesnt work on this device...

netarchy, do these devices suffer from the charging issues (sbc) like the evo did...is there any reason of an sbc on this.
BUY ME BEER IF YOU LIKE MY STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmx View Post
Hi OP. Where can I download the project you are developing?

Vandam500
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchy View Post
Damn so Devs are going to have to do a lot of work to make their ROMs universal? Or possibly need to have two separate ones.
Current Phone: One M8

Previous Phones: Nexus One | Evo 4G | G2 | Nexus S | Sensation 4G | Epic 4G Touch | Note 2 | Note 3
Follow me on Twitter: @sk1pzter
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandam500 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oubravs2b
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
I just flashed the SuperAOSP 8.0 rom and it booted fine but I had no cellular service whatsoever.
As an FYI - I tried when I got mine on Friday to install CM7 for NS (and also SuperAOSP 8.0 yesterday), and got no cell service on either of them. I don't know anything beyond those two, but for now, I'm using the stock rooted. Hoping for some ported ROMs as well.

Being a flashaholic and not having any choices is killing me

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4738

DONATE TO ME
well tbh once source hits later this weke you can just download aosp source and build a stock restore...
If you feel as though my work is worth something, you can alwaysDonate

heffzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Probably a dumb question, but, I followed directions to the letter and if I type "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Installed drivers using PDAnet method and everything goes well, but adb doesn't seem to recognize my phone. Any help is much appreciated. For what it's worth i've used adb many times on my fascinate and am pretty familiar with it....but i'm stumped

kwan
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffzilla View Post
Probably a dumb question, but, I followed directions to the letter and if I type "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Installed drivers using PDAnet method and everything goes well, but adb doesn't seem to recognize my phone. Any help is much appreciated. For what it's worth i've used adb many times on my fascinate and am pretty familiar with it....but i'm stumped
I ran into the same dumb problem. A reboot of my PC seemed to resolve it. Maybe the USB doesn't recognize it until you reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to kwan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XxsydenxX
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
hope we get more roms soon but that stock one will do for now.
Fixxxer, didnt you develop a rom or two for the CDMA hero.

(Sorry for the off topic)

Thanks for the reference guide, it will make things easy when i finally decide to root my nexus S
[Phone] Samsung Galaxy Note II DSPR
[OS] Stock
[Root] False

tcd2004
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone confirmed that the guide for MAC's works with the CDMA nexus? Also, should it still work on 2.3.4 even though the guide is for 2.3.3?

stillblood
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I did the Gregg's root method with the full wipe and now my phone will not connect to sprint's network! I tired to update prl and profile. Nothing! Please help