[REF] [NS4G] Stock ROMs | How To Root/Unroot | OTA Files & Images
Why another post for stock files? Well for a few reasons, mainly the lack of quality found amongst the files in similar threads on the web. When I got my Nexus S 4G I took a look around the web, downloaded the stock roms that were floating around and noticed they were very flawed. The update scripts used in them were poorly done, seem to be the result of copy and pasting many update scripts together. The boot.imgs were also flawed, some of them even 8mbs in size, the stock boot.img is 2.8mb. After running them through one of my scripts, I also noticed many apps were not even zipaligned. Needless to say I did not flash these files. I took it upon myself to remake all these files. Stock files are essential to a development phone and can save many people in a sticky situation. Also, I have noticed that the official stock software images have not been released yet, so I went ahead and uploaded those for you all as well. These images include radio, boot, recovery, system, userdata, and bootloader. Please note, this post is not intended to bash anyone's work. I am simply trying to provide much needed files to the community. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also, I may forget to keep this post updated so please check the downloads page on my website as it will always be maintained.
(Most can also be found in ROM Manager
GRJ06D Stock Rooted ROM (Odexed
GRJ22 Stock Rooted ROM (Odexed
GRJ90 Stock Rooted ROM (Odexed
GWK74 Stock Rooted ROM (Odexed
GRJ22 Software Images
GRJ22 from GRJ06D OTA
GRJ90 from GRJ22 OTA
GWK74 from GRJ90 OTA
Tethering Fix For Android 2.3.5 ROMs
How To: Root Nexus S 4G
1. Download GWK74 Stock Rooted ROM from above
2. Download CWM Recovery
3. Open a terminal and use the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-crespo4g.img
4. Navigate to "recovery" in the bootloader and select it
5. Navigate to "mounts and storage" > "mount USB storage"
6. Place the GWK74 Stock Rooted ROM on your sdcard
7. Navigate to "Unmount" > "+++++Go Back+++++"
8. Navigate to "install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard" > choose "GWK74ODEXED.zip" > choose "Yes – Install GWK74ODEXED.zip"
9. Navigate to "reboot system now" and enjoy.
How To: Return Nexus S 4G To Stock
1. Download the GRJ22 Images from above
2. Open a terminal and use the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem lock