FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[GUIDE] How-to:Change the carrier info in bootloader after mis-flashing CSC in Odin

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
If you have, just like me, check the CSC tick when doing an Odin. The Carrier info in the new bootloader from 2.3.3 will display as EUR. But actually if we are T-mobile, this should be TMO.
So how to change it back is what I am to say. But before that I will try giving a brief intro of this interesting file.

If you open the CSC_I9020_EUR.tar, you will see the dgs.img, which is totally a new stuff at least to me. To view it, actually is easier than most of you think. Notepad is Okay.

The old bootloader doesn't read this file, so it display nothing, even when I flash a wrong one, the new bootloader cannot boot the phone up while the old one can, which troubled me for couple of hours.
(If U guys are interested in the process I figure this out, plz move to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=987179 thread to see the comments, all by me)

I firstly just tried to edit it through the notepad, but failed. So I read many threads towards editing img files(like recovery or system)

Here is the way how(Finally) :Use any hex editor like "Hex workplace" to open the dgs.img, and change the EUR numbers to 54 4D 4F, two places in all (Where they were 45 55 52). And press save. And it's done.

Two ways to flash to the phone:
You may use cygwin to make a tar file to Odin it to the phone, like putting it in the C:/cygwin/DGS, and use "cd /DGS" command to access to the folder, and then type "tar -cvf CSCNEW.tar dgs.img", and this tar file created is an Odin-able one. (I tried 7-ZIP before this, but the tar is not usable) *CYGWIN is a stuff building a linux environment under windows system. You can download from www.cygwin.com, and it's free.

Or you may just do the thing I did, move the new dgs.img to your fastboot folder, and boot your phone into the bootloader, and type
"fastboot flash dgs dgs.img"
Okay, the TMO is back now.

The reason why we just can't edit it in notepad is because this will change the 00 between the two EURs(Or TMOs we want) to 20, like it was originally 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00...and now is 20 20 20 20 20 20...Then this is the point.

P.S Although there shouldn't be any problem if you actually obey the instructions. But if you mess it up, just odin the originally csc file(just choose CSC_I9020_EUR.tar only) to the phone back. You always have a second chance.
One thing is when you mess it up, the download mode may look very un-normal(totally almost black screen with a little colors on it), don't worry, it is still workable and can be recognized by the odin.

================================================== ===
Like always, try this at your own risk. Personally I don't think this file acts much role in the phone, just a line of code.
Just:
~GT-I9020 TMO TMO 2010-10-14 - I9020TEST 0000 0000 .. KB100D00WM(I9000) - -
====(DON'T USE THE CODE ABOVE DIRECTLY, JUST FOR EXPLAINING ONLY)=====
So don't be too serious to it.

At last, 世界人民大团结万岁!~
Cheers and Good Luck!~
(Sorry for my poor English since I am a 21 year-old guy from China...)
Last edited by marsrogers; 13th May 2011 at 10:51 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marsrogers For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th July 2011, 02:51 AM |#2  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0

More
帮老乡顶顶~~~~

已经成功修改成“txx”——俺的小名,哈哈哈
7th July 2011, 08:08 AM |#3  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigxiang

帮老乡顶顶~~~~

已经成功修改成“txx”——俺的小名,哈哈哈

I didn't quite catch that :|
7th July 2011, 03:26 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dario3040

I didn't quite catch that :|

He said,

"帮老乡顶顶~~~~

已经成功修改成“txx”——俺的小名,哈哈哈"
7th July 2011, 03:59 PM |#5  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 23,051

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringonblink

He said,

"帮老乡顶顶~~~~

已经成功修改成“txx”——俺的小名,哈哈哈"

according to Google Translate

Help fellow Dingding ~ ~ ~ ~

Has been successfully modified "txx" - I pet name, ha ha ha

p.s. you didn't have to requote that without helping.
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2011, 05:51 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Shanghai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

according to Google Translate

Help fellow Dingding ~ ~ ~ ~

Has been successfully modified "txx" - I pet name, ha ha ha

p.s. you didn't have to requote that without helping.

A more actual translation is he want to show his support on me~“老乡”, or fellow, here means people from same place. 顶顶,DingDing, means pushing up the thread by head, which is now widely used in China~ like the motion of using head to hit soccer~ 小名,actually is more like nickname but called by your elder relatives~ the translation of "pet name" is right but this is not really a name of pet~

We Chinese culture is full of interesting stuffs~cheers~

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
7th July 2011, 05:52 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Shanghai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringonblink

He said,

"帮老乡顶顶~~~~

已经成功修改成“txx”——俺的小名,哈哈哈"

谢谢啦!!~~~哈哈~

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
29th December 2011, 03:29 PM |#8  
Flag celestial empire
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking
as a chinese people thanks to share it!
31st December 2011, 01:38 PM |#9  
Flag Tienen
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me
More
Why don't they learn English? Or are they too lazy? It's so irritating. Why posting something nobody can understand... Makes no sense.
1st January 2012, 04:20 AM |#10  
Flag celestial empire
Thanks Meter: 1

More
we learn english too! chinese people is the most industrious! not lazy you know
1st January 2012, 11:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjonastybe

Why don't they learn English? Or are they too lazy? It's so irritating. Why posting something nobody can understand... Makes no sense.

Ooh look!! A troll! haven't seen one of thse for some time.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread