more

MEID Repair

OP therealdjlink@gmail.com

19th September 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Greetings XDA,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

I received a replacement phone from Asurion, and when I went to activate it, it wouldn't activate. I took it to a Sprint Repair Center and was told that I would have to get a replacement from Asurion again. I decided to do some digging to find out why, as the Nexus S is out of stock (somehow). I booted up CDMA Workshiop, and read the MEID from the device to find out that it was all zeros. DFS Evolution also read the same information. I called Sprint and verified that the ESN/MEID on file was the one on the sticker located in the battery bay. Seems it was a mainboard replacement and the programming info was never written to the EEEPROM. I attempted to write the MEID with QXDM, and got no return in the activity log. I tried again with DFS, and got a CPS_BAD_PASSWORD error. I noticed at the very top the "password" was sixteen F's. (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF). I tried using the Qualcomm Universal write method, and it did not work. I also tried using CDMA Universal, wrote the pESN using the direct EEEPROM method, and it appeared to take, phone rebooted and the log said the new ESN and Checksum was written successfully. The phone rebooted and it is still all zeroes.

I know that the issue is somehow with the software, or I am not doing something right. Keep in mind I am not asking for help flashing the MEID over to some other carrier, I just want to program the phone OTW without having to wait a week or more, and Sprint already approved the ESN in their inventory. So I am almost 100% certain it is not illegal. I have done ESN repair before, but this one is throwing me for a loop. Is there some method or step I am missing? Is there actually a password that needs to be set for the device. All tools are throwing the same error in their own way, and they are all related to this "password."

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks,

Austin R. Stratton
19th September 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 472

1,949 posts
Donate to Me
Stupid question but when u used cdma workshop did u put the msl number in before you wrote?
19th September 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snandlal

Stupid question but when u used cdma workshop did u put the msl number in before you wrote?

Of course.
20th September 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Was able to fix it. Apparently there was a 16 character unlock code I was missing. Then DFS Evolution did the rest. Everything is working now.
4th December 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #5  

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjlink@gmail.com

Was able to fix it. Apparently there was a 16 character unlock code I was missing. Then DFS Evolution did the rest. Everything is working now.

I know this thread is old but I just ran into the same problem what 16 digit code did you use and where did you put it in workshop
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread