[ROM] CyanogenMod 10 stable for Nexus S is Out

Search This thread

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Yes, but a different CPU. Probably a better one. Nexus S, while being a 2010 phone, runs on 2009 hardware, it's basically a Galaxy S I with camera flash, all capacitive buttons, no Touch wiz and no FM radio.

Swiped from my Nexus S on CM10 stable

Both score similar in Antutu though and in all categories, except SD card read/write which is dependent on what SD card is fitted in the Xperia Neo V.
I'm more thinking about badly optimized game, which wouldn't be surprising one bit.

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Well, it seems like your advice worked. Now I don't get that error anymore, and I've got 500 MB free.

Haha good to know. I don't think it's THAT related to the space left though, but rather to what Android believes for some reason. Maybe some fragments of other apps, I don't know, but even 100MB is a strange time for that stuff to happen.
When that happened, I even had trouble updating apps from the Play Store.

t3rmin

Apr 22, 2010
Bug filed for auto rotate excessive CPU in Android System

Cross posting here because this affects CM10 too. The issue is excessive CPU (and battery) usage for Android System when auto rotate is active. This affects both stock and CM and has been discussed on these forums from time to time. Use "OS Monitor" from the market and toggle auto rotate on and off while watching Android System CPU usage to see the bug in action.

I just filed a bug in the CM bug tracker:
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-408

There's also an AOSP bug filed with Google:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=29965

Please vote/comment on both if you're affected by this issue. Thanks!

Reactions: onmyouji

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Guys is it just me, or does themes slow down CM10?

Possible, although I've never noticed it myself. I think the way it works (simply put), apps are pointed toward a set of images and when you apply a theme they are simply redirected to another set. Shouldn't really see any overhead running stock over custom theme on roms that support themes UNLESS something is badly coded in the theme.

Which theme are you running?

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
That too, that's what I run, but it shouldn't be related. :p

I jinxed it :D. Do u have high Android System in battery stats? Mine is about 26-27% and just can't find the culprit. Dirty flashed stable, Android System acceptable 16%. On 20122012 nightly just stays awake for some reason.

Ou how I hate that they abandoned 4.1.2 development because it just run beautifully on NS, even the stock one with proper kernel :)...

Last edited:

t3rmin

Apr 22, 2010
I jinxed it :D. Do u have high Android System in battery stats? Mine is about 26-27% and just can't find the culprit. Dirty flashed stable, Android System acceptable 16%. On 20122012 nightly just stays awake for some reason.

Ou how I hate that they abandoned 4.1.2 development because it just run beautifully on NS, even the stock one with proper kernel :)...
See my post above about filing a CM bug report. That may be why Android System is using so much battery. If so, vote for the bug and/or add a "me too" comment on the bug -- That'll help it to be addressed.

Gambler_3

Oct 30, 2011
Both score similar in Antutu though and in all categories, except SD card read/write which is dependent on what SD card is fitted in the Xperia Neo V.
I'm more thinking about badly optimized game, which wouldn't be surprising one bit.

Subway surf runs much better with 1.2ghz over clock so its definitely got to do with the CPU.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

plusforce

Mar 3, 2011
Boston
I was on Cm10.1 and I came back to Cm 10 Stable.

I did a full wipe before installing Cm10 Stable
but I have a problem, Home button does not work.
When I press it in any menu it does not return to Home screen page. it just vibrate.

Any solution ?

Thank you

plusforce

Mar 3, 2011
Boston
Did you wipe data/cache and formated cache partition?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I did a factory reset via cwm 6.0.2.7 recovery many times.
Also I have downloaded CM 10 stable many times !
I tried Cm 10 experimental versions. They had also that problem.

Before I went to Cm10.1, I was on Cm10 and everything was great .

Now I found Cm10 faster than Cm10.1 but my home button is become crazy

Top Liked Posts