FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

root 2.3.4

528 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
 
By amjad_2020, Senior Member on 29th April 2011, 07:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi i just update to 2.3.4 and try to root it and work fine with me

Download this file and move it to your NS
http://www.mediafire.com/?0a4abln7x3gjgrv

after your flash the recovery then ..
On your phone, use the volume key to highlight "recovery". Press power to boot into recovery.
in the recovery screen, select mounts and storage
mount /system
mount /data
go back, and choose install zip from sd card
choose "choose zip from sd card"
pick the su package zip file you copied over earlier
choose Yes
when done, reboot.
Last edited by amjad_2020; 29th April 2011 at 07:29 AM.
 
 
29th April 2011, 08:57 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks ,i will try it how is the battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
29th April 2011, 09:13 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
it is for the i9023??
29th April 2011, 10:30 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
So after I flash 2.3.4 update, all I have to do is reboot and flash SuperUser again, and then Nexus S is re-rooted again?? Thanks!
29th April 2011, 11:47 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjad_2020

Hi i just update to 2.3.4 and try to root it and work fine with me

Sorry, but how can I get the custom recovery back? With stock recovery I can't flash this file
Last edited by Handymeister; 29th April 2011 at 12:04 PM.
29th April 2011, 11:50 AM |#6  
italia0101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,049
 
More
I have a custom kernel. How do I Install 2.3.4

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
29th April 2011, 12:12 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101

I have a custom kernel. How do I Install 2.3.4

You have to go back to stock GRI40, i.e. with a Nandroid restore?! But this will be the correct thread for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...055591&page=12
29th April 2011, 01:07 PM |#8  
liorry's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 287
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_ngckk

Thanks ,i will try it how is the battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

hehe how on earth can someone provide real feedback on battery life 2 seconds after installation?

Thanks for sharing, I'll wait for Team Douche to implement this on CM7.
29th April 2011, 01:54 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Trouble
Hi guys

I have some problems with root on 2.3.4
Probably I can not have any permissions for programms, such as ShootMe (for examle). Do you?
29th April 2011, 02:03 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmn

Hi guys

I have some problems with root on 2.3.4
Probably I can not have any permissions for programms, such as ShootMe (for examle). Do you?

That probably means your phone is no longer rooted. Download 'Root Checker' from the Market to check, but if you installed 2.3.4 ROM, your phone should be un-rooted though.
29th April 2011, 02:38 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungbum

That probably means your phone is no longer rooted. Download 'Root Checker' from the Market to check, but if you installed 2.3.4 ROM, your phone should be un-rooted though.

I've already install this zip su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip for rooting after update
In my app organizer I can see Superuser, but Root Checker also said me that I dont have root

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes