Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung will not build the next nexus... heres proof...

OP Google_Nexus

20th April 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

228 posts
Ok i have complete proof that samsung will not build the next nexus device after the galaxy nexus.... it will be motorola but not for the reason you think...

OK these are the makes of the google phones from google...

HTC: G1
Nexus

Samsung: Nexus S/4g
Galaxy Nexus

notice something? thats right each company only makes 2 devices and google moves on...

now we know that google bought moto for the patents? or did they? I have heard claims google may close source android and have offical android devices from moto only... see this: http://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-goo...its-own-phones

so i think that this can be good news... end of all these crappy low end android devices with no memory... an android phones needs atleast 300mb free storage when we purchase a low end phone and even the prevail by samsung only has about 150mb free or so... what a shame...
20th April 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,890

27,503 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google_Nexus

Ok i have complete proof that samsung will not build the next nexus device after the galaxy nexus.... it will be motorola but not for the reason you think...

OK these are the makes of the google phones from google...

HTC: G1
Nexus

Samsung: Nexus S/4g
Galaxy Nexus

notice something? thats right each company only makes 2 devices and google moves on...

now we know that google bought moto for the patents? or did they? I have heard claims google may close source android and have offical android devices from moto only... see this: http://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-goo...its-own-phones

so i think that this can be good news... end of all these crappy low end android devices with no memory... an android phones needs atleast 300mb free storage when we purchase a low end phone and even the prevail by samsung only has about 150mb free or so... what a shame...

while your arguments are valid, you do not have any proof.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 80

310 posts
More
It makes no sense. The Google's goal is to reach more people with advertising and by closing Android's source it would limit their target. The current system, tho it's not perfect for updates, it's the most profitable for Google.

I don't say that the next Nexus phone won't be manufactured by Motorola, but i srsly doubt that Google will close the doors to the other OEM's. Point being, Goggle will keep Android open sourced and will use Motorola for their patents. Using Moto to build Google experience phones is just an added bonus.
20th April 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 159

1,036 posts
This has to be the most ridiculously illogical post I have seen on these forums. Google choose HTC initially because it was the big player in android, then they choose samsung when it had become the biggest player.

They might choose some other OEM this time but it has nothing to do with the series of 2 phones. You talk as if nexus phones have been made for decades with new OEM being chosen every 2 years lol.
20th April 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 364

2,440 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your data sets are too small for you to say that it's proof. What you have is that HTC made 2 Google phones and then Samsung made 2 google phones.

but wait.

The HTC G2 was a pure google phone, that puts HTC at 3 Google phones. The original motorola Droid was a google phone, that puts them in the mix with one. In terms of pure Nexus devices, it's HTC 1, and Samsung 2. In terms of pure Google experience, HTC has at least 3, Motorola has at least 1 and Samsung has at least 2. That's also assuming I'm forgetting a device or two, which I probably am.

Therefore, there is no pattern and the next Nexus will likely remain in Samsung's corner since it's based on who bids the most and not on "who's made what". Samsung will likely outbid everyone this year and it will like be the samsung galaxy nexus s or something absurd. I'd rather have a Moto Nexus personally (hey why not, give them a swing at it) and have it not be a Verizon exclusive, but that's a pipe dream.
20th April 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,503 posts
and lets not forget about the google ion, that was a google developers phone made by htc http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/27/g...-and-unboxing/
20th April 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 163

912 posts
More
Lol. This makes no sense.
20th April 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,503 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronophase1

Lol. This makes no sense.

Youre right, HTC makes Sense
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 179

3,133 posts
More
Companies send contestant devices in and Google picks the winner. Nothing more.

Motorola almost won last year.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
20th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #10  
OP Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeGuy

Your data sets are too small for you to say that it's proof. What you have is that HTC made 2 Google phones and then Samsung made 2 google phones.

but wait.

The HTC G2 was a pure google phone, that puts HTC at 3 Google phones. The original motorola Droid was a google phone, that puts them in the mix with one. In terms of pure Nexus devices, it's HTC 1, and Samsung 2. In terms of pure Google experience, HTC has at least 3, Motorola has at least 1 and Samsung has at least 2. That's also assuming I'm forgetting a device or two, which I probably am.

Therefore, there is no pattern and the next Nexus will likely remain in Samsung's corner since it's based on who bids the most and not on "who's made what". Samsung will likely outbid everyone this year and it will like be the samsung galaxy nexus s or something absurd. I'd rather have a Moto Nexus personally (hey why not, give them a swing at it) and have it not be a Verizon exclusive, but that's a pipe dream.

the orginal htc g1 was the very first android phone thus a developers phone and then htc did the nexus one.... then samsung has done two so now its time for someone else to make it... moto since google owns them they keep it in house.. and close sourcing it has made apple a ton of money and i dont have any adds on my programs as i only purchase apps that have no adds and only install free apps without adds... so google is not really making any money off of me on the adds. i use my laptop for that sort of thing... i use my phone for news and some games from gameloft that are paid. also most cellphone operating systems last about ten years and android is about 5 years old so i think its about time google thinks about that look at palm os then look at rim... what does that tell you at the 10 year or so mark they go down for the count... apple will too so will android... so what is next?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread