Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung will not build the next nexus... heres proof...

OP Google_Nexus

23rd April 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 179

3,133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google_Nexus

i dont like the iphone as it has no app drawer and cant be used on simple mobile with 3g as the iphone does not currently support the 3g bands of simple mobile/tmobile so it would be only on edge speeds so whats the point. i just like the business model of the iphone.

You can get it on Straight Talk .

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #62  
OP Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 10

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito

You can get it on Straight Talk .

no to straight talk as they are a mrexican company and dont want the mexican govt/mafia having my personal info
23rd April 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #63  

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaRED7

Because every person in the world is the same and everyone should be satisfied with what people like you think is "best"? O right, because choice is EVIL!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

works for apple
23rd April 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #64  

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaOG

Please stop posting. Go find a different phone that works on ur crap carrier so you will stop flooding the NS forum with this trash.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

no is making you read this so called trash no are they... what some kitty cat is making you read this?
23rd April 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #65  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 80

310 posts
More
Quote:

their is such a thing as too much choice.
currently their are tons of android devices on the market. some are great and others want to make you vomit and be ashamed that you are an android user. those being the one with so much crap ware from the carrier that the user is left with little storage space to install any apps like the prevail. we can do it in a way that still gives us choice by storage space available like 32gb 16gb and 8gb and also by having the devices rented to the user and at the end of the contract time then you can select from an anroid device, rim device, microsoft device as that is choice.

The current modus operandi from Google is the best one for one simple reason. Not everyone is rich to get a top notch phone like the One X or the iPhone. By having mid and low end phones, OEM's allow more people to use smartphones and Google services. If it wasn't for that model you would see rich people using iPhones and poor people using dumbphones from Nokia.

And there's no such thing as renting a phone to the carrier cause carriers are in it for the money, not for good will. I honestly think that Android is not meant for you. You seem to search for something that just works out of the box, simplified and that would give you any work whatsoever to improve your user experience.

So either you're just a troll and you don't even have an Android phone or you jumped on the Android bandwagon without instructing yourself. Either way, get yourself an unlocked iPhone and save yourself the trouble.
23rd April 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 179

3,133 posts
More
Quote:

no to straight talk as they are a mrexican company and dont want the mexican govt/mafia having my personal info

You think it's any safer with a American company?

23rd April 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 382

1,186 posts
Quote:

Probably the dumbest quote I've seen on here

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
23rd April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #68  

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuXGod

The current modus operandi from Google is the best one for one simple reason. Not everyone is rich to get a top notch phone like the One X or the iPhone. By having mid and low end phones, OEM's allow more people to use smartphones and Google services. If it wasn't for that model you would see rich people using iPhones and poor people using dumbphones from Nokia.

And there's no such thing as renting a phone to the carrier cause carriers are in it for the money, not for good will. I honestly think that Android is not meant for you. You seem to search for something that just works out of the box, simplified and that would give you any work whatsoever to improve your user experience.

So either you're just a troll and you don't even have an Android phone or you jumped on the Android bandwagon without instructing yourself. Either way, get yourself an unlocked iPhone and save yourself the trouble.

i do own the nexus s 4g and why cant we rent a phone from the provider as it would not be any dfifferent then renting a cable box from the cable company. I phone is too expensive and no app drawer and cant use it on other cdma providers and cant use it on other gsm for 3g as its missing tmobile bands. I like android just that i think i can make it better take it to the next level. Right now the low end is just killing android as people get a bad user experience with it as it does not have enough ram and rom in them and cant run the good games (not the best just the good games). i also think that apple should also have other makers make the iphone as well as it should be the build quality that sells.
23rd April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #69  
Flag Otizzle
Thanks Meter: 78

292 posts
All facts taken into account, this is what I think will be the case:

> Google will continue operating as an open source OS, mainly because $$$$$$

> With Motorola, it will give Google a chance to potentially clean up their Nexus brand as a unified experience. They started the Nexus brand to try and go directly to the customer. They got rid of that model (due to it bombing) and are now moving toward a unified experience (much like the iPhone). They have made that clear with ICS (UI redo and consistent programming like swipe left to close, etc) and their recommended font/art/development packages.

> Google will continue to push for Android with third party manufacturers, because they will still profit heavily from this and because the highest selling Android phone is made by a 3rd Party Manufacturer (Samsung). Note: All Android phones are 3rd Party, but I mean relative to "their" Nexus brand.

> Google will also use Motorola phones to push their Google+ centric mentality.

Any other theory about closing the source on Android or the idea that all future Android phones will be made exclusively by Motorola is not business smart. They aren't a billion dollar company for no reason. Any of those silly theories means less dollars and unhappy clients. Let's be real.

BTW you can't use hearsay (explicitly labeled as "Rumor") and claim it as proof, for the record.
The Following User Says Thank You to h3ck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #70  
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 133

749 posts
More
I just read that Samsung once again is going to make the next Nexus!!!!
Yeah boy quad core exynos with vanilla jellybean here I come
http://androidandme.com/2012/04/smar...n-nexus-phone/
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread