OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, Cali
Thanks Meter: 73

798 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drleospaceman

Installing a custom rom is hardly hacking..

Yes I know but look up the definition and it kind of is. I'm sure maybe only 2 of us. Actually have the capabilities to actually hack for say, a web site. I won't include a wifi network, because backtrack Linux makes it too easy

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA
29th April 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #62  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 101

566 posts
More
Cool thread.

It's like going "No one in the outside world should know about these things, so whenever such a person demonstrates knowledge of these things, I get all caveman-faced and post about it on XDA."
The Following User Says Thank You to AwesomeTurtle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #63  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 888

1,790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonshikee

I buy and sell android phones off craigslist as a hobby and I can say - very few people actually use custom ROMs.

A lot of them aren't factory reset (usually because they're broken in some way and cannot be reset) and I can clearly see they barely use the phone as anything other than a phone.

My wife is running CM7 on her Triumph, she wouldn't in a million years load a custom ROM.

I always pimp mine out before I sell them on ebay. people from our community appreciate a budget phone that doesn't need work done to it the second they get their hands on it, and they will pay a few $ more for it
3rd May 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #64  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Jose, Cali
Thanks Meter: 73

798 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420

I always pimp mine out before I sell them on ebay. people from our community appreciate a budget phone that doesn't need work done to it the second they get their hands on it, and they will pay a few $ more for it

But remember. Time is money.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA
3rd May 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #65  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,074

3,374 posts
More
I have a hot lady officemate who keeps asking me to root her phone so she can get ICS on her Galaxy W, but I'm hesitant to root a non-Google phone since it seems more complicated than rooting, say, my nexus S, which is running a custom ROM and kernel.

What do you guys think, should I help her out or should I wait until she becomes desperate enough to do anything to have a modded phone?
3rd May 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #66  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 300

1,044 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal

I have a hot lady officemate who keeps asking me to root her phone so she can get ICS on her Galaxy W, but I'm hesitant to root a non-Google phone since it seems more complicated than rooting, say, my nexus S, which is running a custom ROM and kernel.

What do you guys think, should I help her out or should I wait until she becomes desperate enough to do anything to have a modded phone?

R u married? Just kidding.

oops! accidentally beamed from my awesome NEXUS S!
3rd May 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #67  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 2,074

3,374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billchen0014

R u married? Just kidding.

Sorry, can't answer since it's off topic. lol

Sent from my Nexus S
3rd May 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #68  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 1,498

3,472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal

Root her... i mean her phone lol

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
3rd May 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #69  
Recognized Themer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 10,034

10,693 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtapes08

Root her... i mean her phone lol

XD, well lets see end of this month...

How many galaxy s3 woman users in you seen next month?

3rd May 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #70  
Thanks Meter: 6

150 posts
More
My gf motorola phone is rooted and running with a deblured us version with a network ans qwertz hack. She was kinda nervous till everything works as it should be.. a real pain in the ass.. you will never know its rooted because only few really care. What counts for a girl is design and that it "works".

Oh and I own a nexus s with aokp m5 and a kind of luciduis on it, thats why i'm here. I'm in all kind of modding stuff..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
Last edited by xontax; 3rd May 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread