Tip us?

Shark_On_Land
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drleospaceman View Post
Installing a custom rom is hardly hacking..
Yes I know but look up the definition and it kind of is. I'm sure maybe only 2 of us. Actually have the capabilities to actually hack for say, a web site. I won't include a wifi network, because backtrack Linux makes it too easy

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

AwesomeTurtle
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Cool thread.

It's like going "No one in the outside world should know about these things, so whenever such a person demonstrates knowledge of these things, I get all caveman-faced and post about it on XDA."
The Following User Says Thank You to AwesomeTurtle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonshikee View Post
I buy and sell android phones off craigslist as a hobby and I can say - very few people actually use custom ROMs.

A lot of them aren't factory reset (usually because they're broken in some way and cannot be reset) and I can clearly see they barely use the phone as anything other than a phone.

My wife is running CM7 on her Triumph, she wouldn't in a million years load a custom ROM.
I always pimp mine out before I sell them on ebay. people from our community appreciate a budget phone that doesn't need work done to it the second they get their hands on it, and they will pay a few $ more for it

Shark_On_Land
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420 View Post
I always pimp mine out before I sell them on ebay. people from our community appreciate a budget phone that doesn't need work done to it the second they get their hands on it, and they will pay a few $ more for it
But remember. Time is money.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903
I have a hot lady officemate who keeps asking me to root her phone so she can get ICS on her Galaxy W, but I'm hesitant to root a non-Google phone since it seems more complicated than rooting, say, my nexus S, which is running a custom ROM and kernel.

What do you guys think, should I help her out or should I wait until she becomes desperate enough to do anything to have a modded phone?

Billchen0014
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal View Post
I have a hot lady officemate who keeps asking me to root her phone so she can get ICS on her Galaxy W, but I'm hesitant to root a non-Google phone since it seems more complicated than rooting, say, my nexus S, which is running a custom ROM and kernel.

What do you guys think, should I help her out or should I wait until she becomes desperate enough to do anything to have a modded phone?
R u married? Just kidding.

oops! accidentally beamed from my awesome NEXUS S!
HTC One M8
MaximusHD 3.0.0

Retired
Nexus S i9023
[ROM] Xenon HD
[Kernel] Air Kernel 1000mhz/100mhz SmartAssV2
Nexus 7 CNA

apatal
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billchen0014 View Post
R u married? Just kidding.
Sorry, can't answer since it's off topic. lol

Sent from my Nexus S

mixtapes08
Old
Thanks Meter 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatal View Post

Root her... i mean her phone lol

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Nexus 4: Vanilla AOSP 4.4.2 + Gravity Box + Hellscore Kernel
Galaxy Nexus: Vanilla AOSP 4.4.2 + Gravity Box + DirtyVSR Kernel
Nexus S: CM 4.4.2 + Stock CM kernel

DaXmax
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 10020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtapes08 View Post
Root her... i mean her phone lol

XD, well lets see end of this month...

How many galaxy s3 woman users in you seen next month?

xontax
Old
(Last edited by xontax; 3rd May 2012 at 08:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
My gf motorola phone is rooted and running with a deblured us version with a network ans qwertz hack. She was kinda nervous till everything works as it should be.. a real pain in the ass.. you will never know its rooted because only few really care. What counts for a girl is design and that it "works".

Oh and I own a nexus s with aokp m5 and a kind of luciduis on it, thats why i'm here. I'm in all kind of modding stuff..

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA