This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Google Nexus S replacement parts:
- Samsung Google Nexus S Screen Assembly Replacement
- Other Samsung Google Nexus S Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips
Samsung Goggle Nexus S disassembly guide:
- The first step will be to remove the back battery cover and the battery.
- Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove the six (6) screws holding the back housing in place, as shown in Figure 1.
- Using a safe open pry tool, pry the back housing away from the rest of the device. It will be clipped into place, so carefully work your way around all edges with your pry tool.
- Remove the three (3) small Phillips screws holding the motherboard in place. There will also be two (2) flex cables that will need to be released. These are simple pop connectors that only need to be lifted with a safe open pry tool to release.
- The motherboard can now be safely removed.
- We are now left with the screen assembly and front case. Using a heat gun or hair dryer, heat the outside edges of the outer screen for 45-60 seconds. Use quick movements and do not stay in one area for too long.
- Now, using a safe open pry tool, pry the screen assembly away from the front cover and bezel. Reheat if necessary.
- Your screen assembly can now be replaced.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.