Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] fastboot device without loosing data. Possible?

Tip us?

francoooom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] fastboot device without loosing data. Possible?

Hello!

Lets start with this. I have a big problem with my nexus s. A few day ago following problem occured. Everytime if i switch it on it seem to stuck in the booting mode. I can see the colored X on the display but the system wont start. I have stored some sensible and important data on the phone. Mostly pictures and some other data.
How could i get an access to this data? I have already read about diffrent methods in the forums but mostly any of this methods would mean that all my data will be erased.
Do you know any similar threats or tutorials here?

I would be very thank full for any help. Because i wont to avoid the hardware based solution by removing the memory and try to get access to it afterwards.

Setting.Out
Old
Thanks Meter 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoooom View Post
Hello!

Lets start with this. I have a big problem with my nexus s. A few day ago following problem occured. Everytime if i switch it on it seem to stuck in the booting mode. I can see the colored X on the display but the system wont start. I have stored some sensible and important data on the phone. Mostly pictures and some other data.
How could i get an access to this data? I have already read about diffrent methods in the forums but mostly any of this methods would mean that all my data will be erased.
Do you know any similar threats or tutorials here?

I would be very thank full for any help. Because i wont to avoid the hardware based solution by removing the memory and try to get access to it afterwards.
Pure stock?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
device: i9023 Nexus S
rom: Modded and Fast
kernel: MARMITE (My lid is licked)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
CyanAOSP KitKat (4.4.x) [port]
The War Against Obscurity
(ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Follow this link to see how your rom compares!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click "thanks" for developers and anyone that helps you!!

Rookie91
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well..pictures and other media files are saved on the flash memory so it's not difficult to access to them.
if you already have a recovery you can access to memory by:
pwr+vol up > in fastboot select recovery with volume buttons and confirm with power.
once you get into recovery go to memory and storage> at the end of the list you find "mount usb storage">connect phone with usb to a pc and save img/photo and other things.

if you don't have it you can flash it, it won't compromise your data.

if you are looking a way to save data from apps such messages and other things similar, follow the procedure on developers.google.com to flash the rom but stop it before erasing the memory and re-flashing the rom; one time the same thing happens to a friend and this have "unlocked" the device so it have completed the boot and allow to save everything before flashing the new rom

hope this will be helpful..