5,599,842 Members 46,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] $5.99 T-zones hack on Nexus S?

Tip us?

mprziv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default [Q] $5.99 T-zones hack on Nexus S?

This is one of the best things about my Nexus One. I remember hearing that the T-zones hack wouldn't work on the G2 because it is a branded T-mobile phone.

Any speculation, or confirmation if the $5.99 t-zones hack will allow web access on the Nexus S, like it does for the Nexus One?

EpicAaron
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I dont think the phone will be carried by T-Mobile, only offered through T-Mobile like the Nexus One was, so I believe it will still work, but that's just reasoning based on speculation.

mprziv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAaron View Post
I dont think the phone will be carried by T-Mobile, only offered through T-Mobile like the Nexus One was, so I believe it will still work, but that's just reasoning based on speculation.
That was my guess as well.

I wonder if best buy will make you upgrade your Tmobile plan, or let you simply extend your contract for 2 years.

I'd hate to lose the 5.99 tzones web access and be forced into a more expensive data plan.

jacksonj51
Old
Thanks Meter 134
It will only by offered by the bestbuy's that carry Tmobile phones.... I know a few (next to me) that only have Sprint & Verizon and they said they won't offer the phone but any bestbuy that carries TMO phones will.

As for upgrades it will require to up to a 2 year contract and you will then incur their $30 data package or their standard smartphone data plan.

That's the simple reason I go with the retail version rather than the upgrade as I run the $10 data plan... by going upgrade - $20 x 24 = $480 a raw deal IMO

mprziv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonj51 View Post
It will only by offered by the bestbuy's that carry Tmobile phones.... I know a few (next to me) that only have Sprint & Verizon and they said they won't offer the phone but any bestbuy that carries TMO phones will.

As for upgrades it will require to up to a 2 year contract and you will then incur their $30 data package or their standard smartphone data plan.

That's the simple reason I go with the retail version rather than the upgrade as I run the $10 data plan... by going upgrade - $20 x 24 = $480 a raw deal IMO
Yeah, $5.99 tzones, or $10 data plan is worth it. I'd rather pay full retail than lose that.

ksc6000
Old
Thanks Meter 27
This is what will determine this as a purchase for me.

I like paying 10/month for data rather than 30 which is ridiculous.

10/month = 120/year
30/month = 360/year
LG G2 on AT&T - Best phone I've used to date.
Note II N7100 - loved it, a little big but finally gave me the battery life I needed from a phone..but it died of SDS
Nexus 4 - couldn't get over poor battery
Galaxy Nexus - loved it
Nexus S - tried for a month, meh
Nexus One - loved it

slowz3r
Old
(Last edited by slowz3r; 10th December 2010 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAaron View Post
sudo rm /post

ap3604
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowz3r View Post
It will be carried by T-Mo
Source? or Speculation?

slowz3r
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
Source? or Speculation?
I have no idea where I read it, but it said Tmobile would carry them

and i walked into my Tmobile store asked them and they told me yes they would, but either way i dont mind a trip to best buy Thursday morning

but maybe im seeing things

hah2110
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonj51 View Post
That isn't true. See excerpt from the Best Buy Mobile site:

Will my local Best Buy be carrying the Nexus S? I talked to the staff there and they didnít know.
Sorry for the confusion. We are still in the process of getting all of our stores prepared for launch. The Nexus S will be available on launch date in both locked and unlocked versions at all Best Buy stores, Best Buy Mobile stand-alone locations and online.
Will Best Buy Mobile stores that don't usually sell T-Mobile carry the Nexus S, since it's an unlocked device?

Yes. There will be inventory in all stores, as well as available for purchase online as a T-Mobile device and shipped to home.

Tags
5.99, nexus, t-mobile, t-zone