What is the best CDMA radio flash file for stock ICS

Search This thread

babyblue4u006

Feb 23, 2010
I am currently using LC1. Seems to improve my wifi reception quite a bit. But cdma and 3g signal still sucks. So just a quick poll for everyone. Which radio to use on ICS, and dl links if you have them. Thanks!!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
I am currently using LC1. Seems to improve my wifi reception quite a bit. But cdma and 3g signal still sucks. So just a quick poll for everyone. Which radio to use on ICS, and dl links if you have them. Thanks!!!

Really which is best is very subjective. I have personally never seen a difference with any of them. Theoretically though, the latest one should be the best one. Here is the link to the thread in the development section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13751063

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

babyblue4u006

Feb 23, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I have seen that thread and tried all except the KD8, I didn't notice a difference with any but LC1. My signal seemed the same but my speed tests were faster at home with the airave. Which I know runs the same 3g speed constantly. . . According to my other phones. The point of the post really was to see if anyone knew of a better radio. In their opinion besides the ones on that list. But I will update after I try the KD8.

anglergab

Apr 14, 2012
Budapest
Wifi speeds are not necessarily dependent on the used baseband firmware. Wifi speeds are influenced in fact much more by the used drivers (corresponding shared objects with "so" extension and library files) and its bugs. These drivers are located on the system partition. Official binary blobs containing wifi drivers can be downloaded. The official ROM uses binary blobs (proprietary SW) for wifi operation. Though some custom ROMs may contain open source drivers.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Thanks for the reply. I have seen that thread and tried all except the KD8, I didn't notice a difference with any but LC1. My signal seemed the same but my speed tests were faster at home with the airave. Which I know runs the same 3g speed constantly. . . According to my other phones. The point of the post really was to see if anyone knew of a better radio. In their opinion besides the ones on that list. But I will update after I try the KD8.

There aren't different radios than those. If you see a different radio not in that list, you should probably not flash it if they're claiming it's for our phone. Obviously a new radio could come out again and there could technically be some radio that never went official but if those make it into the public, the thread would likely be updated and have them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

babyblue4u006

Feb 23, 2010
Thank you all for the input. Had issues with sprint. Hate that i had to. But went to Verizon today so ill be checking out the droid charge forum

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA