[Q] Why does CM( and MIUI use different keyboards?

21st April 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I9020T

I've been trying to figure out why any ROM based off of CM9 seems to freeze the keyboard if I leave it open and lock the phone. In example, if I'm texting/emailing someone and I lock the phone while typing, wait 30+ seconds, and unlock the phone to continue the message, the keyboard will not register any letters nor let me delete what I previously typed.

Closing the application or clearing keyboard data fixes the problem until I lock the phone with the keyboard open again.

CM9 nightlies, AOKP, CyberGR, and Slim ICS give me this problem.

They seem to use Android Keyboard version 4.0.1-212031

I decided to try out a MIUI rom, first MIUIEXPERIENCE and now Catalyst. No keyboard problems what so ever in any application.

These roms seem to use Android Keyboard version 4.0.4-255454

Why aren't these roms using the same keyboard and is there a way to switch the keyboards using SDK manager or simple drag and drop?
21st April 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 179

3,133 posts
More
I though it was just me.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
More
Have you ever try the other three-party keyboards on the play store?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I think Swiftkey still had the same problem, I'm not quite sure. I'm too the point where I don't have enough patience to flash CM9, install Swiftkey, then come back to MIUI.

Is it possible to open the .zip file of any rom and replace the 4.0.1 keyboard with 4.0.4?
22nd April 2012, 12:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungongravity

I think Swiftkey still had the same problem, I'm not quite sure. I'm too the point where I don't have enough patience to flash CM9, install Swiftkey, then come back to MIUI.

Is it possible to open the .zip file of any rom and replace the 4.0.1 keyboard with 4.0.4?

yes it is possible by replacing the apk in th system/apps i think, coz i had been replace the launcher in the nexus xperia rom zip...

Sent from my Nexus S
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread