Post Reply

Lightbulb [Q] Disable Ticker Animation (Notification Privacy)

OP ej8989

4th January 2013, 10:33 AM   |  #1  
ej8989's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I am talking about Paranoid Android's very useful tweak. The "Do Not Disturb" option in settings menu where it completely disables the ticker animation whenever there's a notification.

This is a great tweak for me because whenever a friend borrows my phone to browse the web or to send an sms, he/she sees the COMPLETE incoming text thru the ticker animation. This is really an annoying accidental invasion of my privacy.

"So why don't you just use paranoid android rom?"
Well, because that mod is the only reason i was able to stick to that rom for almost 2 weeks.
I am more than willing to create a custom rom that suits my exact preferences but i lack the time and skills to do it.

Okay so i've searched EVERYWHERE (trust me) but i can't find an individual mod that does exactly this.

Thanks for reading and I am very grateful if anyone answers.
4th January 2013, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
polobunny's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,461
 
6,133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989

I am talking about Paranoid Android's very useful tweak. The "Do Not Disturb" option in settings menu where it completely disables the ticker animation whenever there's a notification.

This is a great tweak for me because whenever a friend borrows my phone to browse the web or to send an sms, he/she sees the COMPLETE incoming text thru the ticker animation. This is really an annoying accidental invasion of my privacy.

"So why don't you just use paranoid android rom?"
Well, because that mod is the only reason i was able to stick to that rom for almost 2 weeks.
I am more than willing to create a custom rom that suits my exact preferences but i lack the time and skills to do it.

Okay so i've searched EVERYWHERE (trust me) but i can't find an individual mod that does exactly this.

Thanks for reading and I am very grateful if anyone answers.

Does it only affect SMS/MMS? If so, the mod can probably be cleanly packaged into a modded mms.apk and the setting option/toggle moved from PA settings to mms settings. Can't say, never used it, but someone with time on their hand can probably track it in the PA git.
5th January 2013, 10:39 AM   |  #3  
ej8989's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

Does it only affect SMS/MMS? If so, the mod can probably be cleanly packaged into a modded mms.apk and the setting option/toggle moved from PA settings to mms settings. Can't say, never used it, but someone with time on their hand can probably track it in the PA git.

It affects all ticker animations that pop up on the status bar whenever there's a notification.
For example, when i turn the feature on and i use titanium backup to do a batch restore, the icon is still there but there will be no ticker animation.
It's quite redundant if you ask me.
26th August 2013, 02:55 PM   |  #4  
ej8989's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
7 months passed.... still looking. lol
10th January 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #5  
liabilityman's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989

7 months passed.... still looking. lol

Would also be really interested in this if it's possible.
10th January 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #6  
ej8989's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by liabilityman

Would also be really interested in this if it's possible.

Still not possible thru stock SMS. I use Textra SMS and it's got the option to hide the ticker animation
26th February 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej8989

Still not possible thru stock SMS. I use Textra SMS and it's got the option to hide the ticker animation

Still no luck? I am searching everywhere, like you, but I can't find a mod for this. It is found in Cataclysm rom, but I can't understand why this is not asked for more. Every rom should have a preference to disable all notification tickers.
26th February 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #8  
ej8989's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrik74

Still no luck? I am searching everywhere, like you, but I can't find a mod for this. It is found in Cataclysm rom, but I can't understand why this is not asked for more. Every rom should have a preference to disable all notification tickers.

I learned to accept the fact that noone will make a stand-alone mod (or even an app) for this specific feature.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes