XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BIG FAQ] Nexus S General [Start Here before Clicking New Thread! Updated 1/29]

Tip us?

nxt
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by unremarked View Post
EDIT: After looking through the "services" options on my T-Mobile account, I don't see anything about a tethering plan. If other folks could take a peek and let me know, I'll revise that section and make the correction.
Again, since this is the Nexus S forum, the Nexus S, has NO tethering pay plans for T-Mobile. It's included and free. Yes that option was removed on the G2, etc., but again, this is the Nexus S.

unremarked
Old
(Last edited by unremarked; 22nd December 2010 at 09:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt View Post
Again, since this is the Nexus S forum, the Nexus S, has NO tethering pay plans for T-Mobile. It's included and free. Yes that option was removed on the G2, etc., but again, this is the Nexus S.
I'm well aware of which forum I am in and which phone I have.

The option was removed in the G2 and added back in via OTA update, it was also there on the MT4G at launch. I'll admit even setting my device to to show as one of those still does not pull up that option under services. I'm willing to believe that perhaps T-Mobile announced their intention to charge for the service then decided not to.

However, just to point out, the Nexus S/Nexus One are not special phones(as far as T-Mobile are concerned) on T-Mobile's network and thus entitled to special privileges. They are subject to the same rules and regulations as any other phone. In any which case, I'm going to make an adjustment to that section to note the ambiguity.
Devices: G1 > Droid > Nexus One > G2 > myTouch 4G > Nexus S > Fascinate > Thunderbolt > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Galaxy Nexus > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S3 > Droid DNA > Galaxy S4 > One > iPhone 5S > Nexus 5 / Nexus 7

PhaedraCorruption
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Is it just me or does the Nexus S seem to be more riddled with problems on release than most other phones? Perhaps it's just because of high expectations after the mind blowing release of the N1?

unremarked
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaedraCorruption View Post
Is it just me or does the Nexus S seem to be more riddled with problems on release than most other phones? Perhaps it's just because of high expectations after the mind blowing release of the N1?
Not really. Every device has it's bugs and issues at release, the Nexus One included. Touch screen wigging out randomly, capacitive buttons misaligned, the relatively easy "death grip," and just generally (at least for me) weak 3G connection. My favorite was when the Nexus One wouldn't send or receive any text messages or phone calls.

We should also keep in mind that Gingerbread itself is brand new as well.
Devices: G1 > Droid > Nexus One > G2 > myTouch 4G > Nexus S > Fascinate > Thunderbolt > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Galaxy Nexus > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S3 > Droid DNA > Galaxy S4 > One > iPhone 5S > Nexus 5 / Nexus 7

AllGamer
Old
(Last edited by AllGamer; 24th December 2010 at 03:12 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1571

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by unremarked View Post
Q: Can we port SenseUI/Galaxy S apps to the Nexus S?
Most likely, no. Those apps typically require the Rosie/Touchwiz framework in order to function. You can have those apps when and if a developer decides to port those ROMs in their entirety.
regarding this...

we might see some ports over in due time.

they guys over at SGS are already in the process of porting the SenseUI
once they are done with that feast, it'll be a lot more doable to bring it to Nexus S

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788866
and
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827745 Alpha ready for testing!

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3

mmas0n
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Please add "Q: Why do the Cell and WiFi signal icons switch to white?" or something to that effect.

We have 3 thread on this issue and I foresee many more.
Nexus 4
Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to mmas0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

unremarked
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmas0n View Post
Please add "Q: Why do the Cell and WiFi signal icons switch to white?" or something to that effect.

We have 3 thread on this issue and I foresee many more.
Done so! Thanks for the suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to unremarked For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slowz3r
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaedraCorruption View Post
its just the high expectations, the NS wasnt a game changer like the N1 was

katana24
Old
Thanks Meter 1
After the update I can't download anything from the marketplace. Anybody else have this problem?

unremarked
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana24 View Post
After the update I can't download anything from the marketplace. Anybody else have this problem?
Can't say that I have. Are you talking about missing apps, or are you getting some kind of error message?