XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Faulty Charging Port on Nexus S

Tip us?

aadnan.w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Faulty Charging Port on Nexus S

So I bought my Nexus S in March and don't have warranty support. After a few months, I realised my charging port had become loose and wouldn't charge unless placed at a certain angle. I checked out the guides here on XDA as well as on other Android forums and went through all the usual troubleshooting tips (cleaning the port and the charger with a sharpened toothpick, trying out different chargers, raising the panel inside the micro-USB port a bit, lowering it, everything, you name it, I tried it). Finally, I took it to a local repair shop who fixed the soldering of the port with the panel inside. However, the problem has recurred three times since then. In the meantime, I've also had the charging port replaced with no luck. Either I'm unusually callous with my charging habits or something is wrong. Can't buy a new phone now. Planning to use the NS till Dec '14 when I get myself the successor to Nexus 5. Considering the Nexus S has pretty horrendous battery life, I'd appreciate any tips how to permanently solve the problem.

cgaston
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the same problem and I couldn't find a fix either!! So I had to buy a universal battery charger and a couple of new batteries from Amazon. Cheaper than buying a new phone!!