No registration required

Finally unstuck but now autoresets

OP Liquid_Metal

1st March 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Update
Alright, I finally got the drivers properly installed (also to work in Download Mode) and found proper Bootloader/PDA/CSC files (i9023EUR) for Odin and managed to do the flash update (however Odin I used is called I9003_Odin3 v1.82, don't know if that is a problem).
Then I should do a factory wipe, which works (Bootloader -> Recovery -> Wipe), but if I explore the phone I can see that all data is still present (all images, music, etc). So the hard drive still seems fixed.
Last edited by Liquid_Metal; 1st March 2012 at 02:53 PM.
2nd March 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Please help me out, guys...
3rd March 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Suggestions? Or unfixable and should I send it to be repaired?
5th March 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
I found out that I did not post my last update. I managed to flash with Odin, and I can get into the Bootloader menu to wipe the phone's data. I can, in Recovery Mode, also see the hard drive and it seems to be empty. That is, the phone fails to see it.
When I reboot out of Recovery Mode the phone gets stuck at the Google logo and that's it..
Last edited by Liquid_Metal; 5th March 2012 at 09:10 AM.
5th March 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Ok, I will send the phone to be repaired. The phone is now unrooted and does not go further than the Google load screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liquid_Metal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #16  
Flag Austin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 37

135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you have fastboot? If not then download below.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64632729/platform-tools.zip

Extract contents to desktop. Open up a command prompt:

cd Desktop/platform-tools

Put phone in bootloader mode. In command prompt type:

fastboot oem unlock (only if your bootloader is still locked). If its unlocked then download this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64632729/rec...2.0-crespo.img

Put in the platform-tools folder you extracted earlier. Then type in command prompt:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo.img

Sometimes the flash might say 'fail' if that is the case then just boot the recovery image by typing:

fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo.img

Now boot into recovery and flash either a stock rom, stock rooted rom, or whatever your desire is.

This should work. If not, then there has to be a hardware issue with phone and go ahead and send it in for warranty. Let me know if this helps.
7th March 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Flashing Clockwork did work, but if I understand correctly I have to copy the stock rom to the phone and load it in Recovery Mode? When I connect the phone to my PC it is recognized as an Android Phone (and even as a Nexus S) but the drive it shows up as seems to be recognized as empty ("Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E.").
So what do I do?

What is sort of promising is that it indeed was capable to flash Clockwork. So the memory is not completely stuck. However, when I do a format, still nothing happens (phone isn't formatted).
Last edited by Liquid_Metal; 7th March 2012 at 09:03 AM.
7th March 2012, 09:00 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Update: I am able to mount the phone to USB and I can access the phone via Windows. However, I can still not format the SD Card (which is of course internal) or put files (stock rom) on it. Are there other tricks to flash a stock rom? If not, it does indeed seem to be that I cannot flash a custom/stock rom because the drive of the Nexus is frozen/broken/whatever.
Last edited by Liquid_Metal; 7th March 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread