No registration required

[Q] [Help] Bricked Nexus S after taking out battery

OP susken

4th May 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello!

The power button on my Nexus S doesn't work, so some days ago when I had to turn off my phone I just took out the battery.
I've done this serveral times earlier, and haven't had any problems with it, until now. When I put the battery in the phone again, nothing happened. The phone was not updating firmware or anything while I took out the battery.
I have of course tried charging it, and also replacing with a new battery. Still, no signs of life. Have any of you experienced something like this?
What shoud my first step be? I've got some valuable files on it that I of course haven't backuped -.-
Last edited by susken; 4th May 2014 at 11:05 PM.
5th May 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 441

1,296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by susken

Hello!

The power button on my Nexus S doesn't work, so some days ago when I had to turn off my phone I just took out the battery.
I've done this serveral times earlier, and haven't had any problems with it, until now. When I put the battery in the phone again, nothing happened. The phone was not updating firmware or anything while I took out the battery.
I have of course tried charging it, and also replacing with a new battery. Still, no signs of life. Have any of you experienced something like this?
What shoud my first step be? I've got some valuable files on it that I of course haven't backuped -.-

Exactly the same:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...xus-s-t2567557
5th May 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
May the UnBrickable Resurrector be a solution to my problem? Also; Is there any chance of getting any files out, or is all gonna be lost if I use this program?
6th May 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 441

1,296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by susken

May the UnBrickable Resurrector be a solution to my problem? Also; Is there any chance of getting any files out, or is all gonna be lost if I use this program?

The unbrickable resurrector only works if your screen turns on but is blank due to a bad firmware update. In our case, there are no signs of life.
What you need to try is the unbrickable mod. Read the instructions carefully. I haven't tried it yet. It's not just a "program", you need to carefully desolder something and then solder it to something else using a low-power soldering iron (so you won't damage the other components). My eyes are not good enough to get this job done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread