Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Bricked Nexus S after taking out battery

Tip us?

susken
Old
(Last edited by susken; 4th May 2014 at 10:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Help] Bricked Nexus S after taking out battery

Hello!

The power button on my Nexus S doesn't work, so some days ago when I had to turn off my phone I just took out the battery.
I've done this serveral times earlier, and haven't had any problems with it, until now. When I put the battery in the phone again, nothing happened. The phone was not updating firmware or anything while I took out the battery.
I have of course tried charging it, and also replacing with a new battery. Still, no signs of life. Have any of you experienced something like this?
What shoud my first step be? I've got some valuable files on it that I of course haven't backuped -.-

ej8989
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by susken View Post
Hello!

The power button on my Nexus S doesn't work, so some days ago when I had to turn off my phone I just took out the battery.
I've done this serveral times earlier, and haven't had any problems with it, until now. When I put the battery in the phone again, nothing happened. The phone was not updating firmware or anything while I took out the battery.
I have of course tried charging it, and also replacing with a new battery. Still, no signs of life. Have any of you experienced something like this?
What shoud my first step be? I've got some valuable files on it that I of course haven't backuped -.-
Exactly the same:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...xus-s-t2567557
PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: Mahdi 2.7 [4.4.4]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control
Root / Unbrick / Return to stock: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Dead
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Speedmod Kitkat 4.4.2
Xiaomi Mi3, Developer ROM 4.4.3

susken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
May the UnBrickable Resurrector be a solution to my problem? Also; Is there any chance of getting any files out, or is all gonna be lost if I use this program?

ej8989
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by susken View Post
May the UnBrickable Resurrector be a solution to my problem? Also; Is there any chance of getting any files out, or is all gonna be lost if I use this program?
The unbrickable resurrector only works if your screen turns on but is blank due to a bad firmware update. In our case, there are no signs of life.
What you need to try is the unbrickable mod. Read the instructions carefully. I haven't tried it yet. It's not just a "program", you need to carefully desolder something and then solder it to something else using a low-power soldering iron (so you won't damage the other components). My eyes are not good enough to get this job done.
PHONE
Model: Nexus 5 D820 32GB Black
ROM: Mahdi 2.7 [4.4.4]
Boot Animation: ParanoidAndroid
Display Tweak: Nexus Display Control
Root / Unbrick / Return to stock: Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit

OTHER DEVICES
Nexus S i9023, CM11, Dead
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500, Speedmod Kitkat 4.4.2
Xiaomi Mi3, Developer ROM 4.4.3