No registration required

[Q] Help! Dead (Bricked?) Nexus S

OP luckyvictor

1st September 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
Hi All

First of all, I would like to thank you for your time of reading my post. I know the Nexus S is a pretty old phone, but I have a lot in the phone and hence I would like to repair it, or at least wake it up and copy all my photos and others.

My phone could not be turned on yesterday, this is what I have done:
I switched off the Nexus S, took the battery out, change the SIM, inserted the battery, turn on the phone, and while the phone was turning on, I picked it up and was going to put the back cover on, and the battery dropped out at the time it was showing the Nexus Logo, and I couldn't never turn on my phone again.......

I have tried to use a phone charger to charge it, failed, external usb battery, failed, computer USB port, failed..... I have also tried to press not only the power button, but power + vol up, power + vol down, power + vol up and down, remove and reinsert the battery quickly while it is charging, all fail..... NOTHING shows up at all, no charging logo, no start up animation, no vibration..... but I can assure that for whatever method I charge the phone, the phone is heating up, so i guess it is really charging.

I had rooted my phone before, and running the latest official OTA jelly bean. I once had a problem with my power button, but magically it 'healed' itself a week after....

Hopefully I have provided enough to troubleshoot my problem, I am hoping it is just a software crash but not motherboard burnt something like this. Of course I am happy to provide more to help on this issue.

So can anyone please help me?

Many many thanks
1st September 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stoke-On-Trent
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
More
Hi victor I am more than willing for you to meet up and try my jig if you wish? I only ever bought it as a backup device, it did help me revive my gs2 back in the day though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazstoke

Hi victor I am more than willing for you to meet up and try my jig if you wish? I only ever bought it as a backup device, it did help me revive my gs2 back in the day though.

Thank you so much of your reply!

I wonder that based on the information that I gave above, do u think it is possible to wake it up with JIG please?

(I am in Stafford and may need to arrange a time that is good for us both)
1st September 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Stoke-On-Trent
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
More
I couldn't say for sure but it can't hurt to try a jig. I am free all day on Thursday this week though if that is any help to you? I no longer have a pc. if you send me a stamped adressed envelope I am more than happy to post the jig to you and I'll include an envelope to return back to me

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I imagine that would be a hell of a lot cheaper lol

Last edited by dazstoke; 1st September 2014 at 04:14 PM.
1st September 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazstoke

I couldn't say for sure but it can't hurt to try a jig. I am free all day on Thursday this week though if that is any help to you? I no longer have a pc. if you send me a stamped adressed envelope I am more than happy to post the jig to you and I'll include an envelope to return back to me

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I imagine that would be a hell of a lot cheaper lol

Many thanks for your offer, I just checked on ebay and buying one may cost only 1.50, so I may just save the hassle of posting yours around.

I just hope that this JIG will work and bring my phone into download mode.
2nd September 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
is there any other who can comment and give me advise for my case please??
2nd September 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 139

413 posts
More
Is this your case?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567557
2nd September 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi

Is this your case?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567557

Yes, I think so, very similar, my battery dropped out while it was in the boot animation.
3rd September 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Hi All

I have ordered a JIG already, hoping that it will bring my phone into download mode, so if it does work, what is my next step please??? Just wanna prepare well.

I have done a search in the forum, do I run the nexus root toolkit? or the unbrickable resurrector? or download odin? where to get the odin by the way please?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread