Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Nexus S can't boot recovery

OP wolverine_2k

14th November 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

I imagine your phone is already unlocked?

I think so yes, I could access recovery before if that's what you mean by unlocked
15th November 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pironi90

I think so yes, I could access recovery before if that's what you mean by unlocked

When u boot on the Google screen on the bottom centre does it have a padlock? If so then it is unlocked.
15th November 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2,516

3,640 posts
You are entering recovery. Stock recovery

If you want a custom one either flash with fastboot or if you're rooted with a app. Goo manager. Rom manager etc.

Keep it mind that if you're on a stock ROM the custom recovery gets overwritten back to stock when the phone boots up the os

Q
15th November 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #14  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessSniper001

When u boot on the Google screen on the bottom centre does it have a padlock? If so then it is unlocked.

Then my phone is unlocked yes
16th November 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #15  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

You need ADB (and ADB drivers installed, strongly recommend PDANet Android Drivers) and fastboot executable.
Custom recovery I suggest you use Clockworkmod Recovery.

I imagine your phone is already unlocked?

In installed the drivers and I installed the fastboot executable, but what do I have to do next? If I run the fastboot.exe, it just quickly shows a CMD-window and then disappears.

Edit:
I just discovered that, when I'm at the bootloader (I think it's called that way, the screen where you can select recovery), and I choose to reboot, I get the same 'error' as when I try to enter recovery.

Edit:
Alright, I was able to flash a new recovery, using cmd, but now when I try to enter my recovery, the phone gets stuck at a black screen with Google logo and padlock...
Last edited by Pironi90; 17th November 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Dicovered something new
23rd November 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #16  
Flag Varna

1 posts
More
Phone
I have same problem as wolverine_2k who made the post. My nexus, can't start, I tried reboot and recovery but didn't work. After reboot or recovery I see Google logo, than Nexus screen and that is it. It didn't move to home screen and it stay with lighting screen all the time till I remove the battery. I can't power off it and don't know what to do. I can't transfer data with my PC (it don't recognize the device - only notice that "unknown device" is connected). Please any ideas?
P.S.: My English is not good, if someone answer do it simple please
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread