XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Nexus S can't boot recovery

Tip us?

Pironi90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post

I imagine your phone is already unlocked?
I think so yes, I could access recovery before if that's what you mean by unlocked

UselessSniper001
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pironi90 View Post
I think so yes, I could access recovery before if that's what you mean by unlocked
When u boot on the Google screen on the bottom centre does it have a padlock? If so then it is unlocked.
Gladly helping the community,

If I have helped you in any form or way don't forget to hit that Thanks Button!

Regards,

UselessSniper001

albundy2010
Old
Thanks Meter 1856
You are entering recovery. Stock recovery

If you want a custom one either flash with fastboot or if you're rooted with a app. Goo manager. Rom manager etc.

Keep it mind that if you're on a stock ROM the custom recovery gets overwritten back to stock when the phone boots up the os

Q

Pironi90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessSniper001 View Post
When u boot on the Google screen on the bottom centre does it have a padlock? If so then it is unlocked.
Then my phone is unlocked yes

Pironi90
Old
(Last edited by Pironi90; 16th November 2012 at 11:53 PM.) Reason: Dicovered something new
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
You need ADB (and ADB drivers installed, strongly recommend PDANet Android Drivers) and fastboot executable.
Custom recovery I suggest you use Clockworkmod Recovery.

I imagine your phone is already unlocked?
In installed the drivers and I installed the fastboot executable, but what do I have to do next? If I run the fastboot.exe, it just quickly shows a CMD-window and then disappears.

Edit:
I just discovered that, when I'm at the bootloader (I think it's called that way, the screen where you can select recovery), and I choose to reboot, I get the same 'error' as when I try to enter recovery.

Edit:
Alright, I was able to flash a new recovery, using cmd, but now when I try to enter my recovery, the phone gets stuck at a black screen with Google logo and padlock...

virzhiniya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have same problem as wolverine_2k who made the post. My nexus, can't start, I tried reboot and recovery but didn't work. After reboot or recovery I see Google logo, than Nexus screen and that is it. It didn't move to home screen and it stay with lighting screen all the time till I remove the battery. I can't power off it and don't know what to do. I can't transfer data with my PC (it don't recognize the device - only notice that "unknown device" is connected). Please any ideas?
P.S.: My English is not good, if someone answer do it simple please
Thanks!