5,594,386 Members 36,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED][Q] Help phone won't pass Google after being soaked in water!

Tip us?

khimois
Old
(Last edited by khimois; 11th February 2014 at 12:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Talking [SOLVED][Q] Help phone won't pass Google after being soaked in water!

Umh...

So, my phone got soaked in water for I think 10mins or more? I'm not really sure but when I found out, we immediately removed the battery then disassembled it and let it dry for 2 hours then since I'm at work, I reassemble it and went home. My travel time is about 1 1/2 hour then I take out my cellphone and let it dry for about 2 hours.

Okay, after that 2 hours, I tried opening again my phone, I attached the battery and TURNED it ON by pressing the power button, then it opens but it won't pass the Google logo... I remove the battery and attached it again then I tried to go to recovery mode, I got in bootloader but when I tried to boot again in recovery, it still won't pass the Google logo, I removed the battery again and tried to boot it again but when I attached the battery, it AUTOMATICALLY TURNED ON then I detached the battery again and dry it again overnight until now...

So my question is, do you think my phone will still work? Or perphaps I won't be able to use it again? I'm worried since it's my only android phone I have.

Please enlighten me! Thank you.

EDIT:

SOLVED!!!

Okay, my phone is working again, thanks to my father who clean the board using thinner and it's now smooth as it is before, well, as of now and I'm still observing if there's damage left...

Thanks for everyone who helped. LOL

Phone: Samsung Google Nexus S M200
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3
ROM: SlimKat Build 3
Kernel: Stock SlimKat

--- Smooth ♥

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by khimois View Post
Umh...

So, my phone got soaked in water for I think about 10mins? I'm not really sure but when I found out, we immediately removed the battery then disassembled it and let it dry for 2 hours then since I'm at work, I reassemble it and went home. My travel time is about 1 1/2 hour then I take out my cellphone and let it dry for about 2 hours.

Okay, after that 2 hours, I tried opening again my phone, I attached the battery and TURNED it ON by pressing the power button, then it opens but it won't pass the Google logo... I remove the battery and attached it again then I tried to go to recovery mode, I got in bootloader but when I tried to boot again in recovery, it still won't pass the Google logo, I removed the battery again and tried to boot it again but when I attached the battery, it AUTOMATICALLY TURNED ON then I detached the battery again and dry it again overnight until now...

So my question is, do you think my phone will still work? Or perphaps I won't be able to use it again? I'm worried since it's my only android phone I have.

Please enlighten me! Thank you.
Is your bootloader unlocked?
If yes, then install a custom recovery and backup all the stuff you have by mounting SD card.
Then, flash the factory image to make your phone as good as new.
Get some logs from here before spamming threads with "It doesn't work !!!"

khimois
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by smit.sanghavi View Post
Is your bootloader unlocked?
If yes, then install a custom recovery and backup all the stuff you have by mounting SD card.
Then, flash the factory image to make your phone as good as new.
Yes, it's unlocked, I've flash quite frequently... and I have CWM 6.0.4.3 already installed, that's why I've wondering why my phone won't boot in recovery mode...

--- Smooth ♥

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Yes, it's unlocked, I've flash quite frequently... and I have CWM 6.0.4.3 already installed, that's why I've wondering why my phone won't boot in recovery mode...
Just a hunch, recovery file may be missing or corrupt.

Flash CWM again from bootloader and try to go in recovery.

khimois
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Just a hunch, recovery file may be missing or corrupt.

Flash CWM again from bootloader and try to go in recovery.
Okay, will try, I've decided to let it dry for 1 week since when I put the battery it will turn on automatically.

Or can it be hardware problem already?

--- Smooth ♥

smit.sanghavi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Okay, will try, I've decided to let it dry for 1 week since when I put the battery it will turn on automatically.

Or can it be hardware problem already?
Not sure... that's why I said to install a recovery to see if the memory is damaged or no..

There is also a home-made method to remove moisture. Soak the phone in a bowl a rice. Tried and tested.

khimois
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Not sure... that's why I said to install a recovery to see if the memory is damaged or no..

There is also a home-made method to remove moisture. Soak the phone in a bowl a rice. Tried and tested.
Ok then thanks!

And... yeah, my phone is now soaked in in bowl of rice, will remove after a 3-4 days or more...

--- Smooth ♥

khimois
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Updated OP! Solved! Thanks everyone! <3