Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How many Nexus S phones has been sold?

OP retskrad

23rd February 2011, 02:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

563 posts
As the title says, how many? I heard Nexus S sold way more than Nexus S. Is that True? Is there an approximate number of how many sales?
23rd February 2011, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 106

1,063 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retskrad

As the title says, how many? I heard Nexus S sold way more than Nexus S. Is that True? Is there an approximate number of how many sales?

You're asking if the Nexus S sold way more than the Nexus S?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
23rd February 2011, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

563 posts
Well, my question is: how many total phones of Nexus S has been sold until now? And well I have read that it sold waay more than Nexus One, so yeah I would like to know that too, if it's true or not :)
23rd February 2011, 06:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,581 posts
nobody really knows. but a few weeks ago, the OS version numbers were released, and a few sites extrapolated based on those numbers. since at that time, onle one phone, the nexus s, was on gingerbread, and the number was 0.3% of android phones were on gingerbread based on the numbers.

so from that, knowing that 300k phones are sold each day, and the nexus s has been out for 1.5 months, only about 40k nexus s phones were purchased.

this is highly subjective, but you get the idea.
23rd February 2011, 10:06 PM   |  #5  
Flag Neustift
Thanks Meter: 1

164 posts
More
sorry but you cant count like that ... i got 2.3 in mei HTC Desire befor the Nexus S was sold ... now i have 2.3.2 on my Nexus S and on my HTC Desire ... so ...
23rd February 2011, 11:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,581 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballpics.info

sorry but you cant count like that ... i got 2.3 in mei HTC Desire befor the Nexus S was sold ... now i have 2.3.2 on my Nexus S and on my HTC Desire ... so ...

ok so then you are saying that other phones besides the nexus s could potentially appear as running 2.3. so then that "calculated" number would be the theoretical maximum, and likely will be lower since other phones would show up as 2.3. i think it at least gives a rough estimate of the number of nexus s phones in the wild.

it certainly shows that the number of nexus s phones is closer to 30k and not 1 million. just a ballpark figure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread