Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Disable ICS bugfix/bugreport?

Tip us?
 
IIIV
Old
#1  
IIIV's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 593
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hawaii
Question How to Disable ICS bugfix/bugreport?

Hi, everyone. I always accidentally press my NS' power + volume up buttons, which activates the bugfix/bugreport email window.

Is there any way to safely disable this feature?

Thanks in advance.
 
flodb113
Old
#2  
flodb113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 165
Join Date: Apr 2011
Sorry to ask, but what? You mean you press them when powering up the phone? If not, could you post a screenshot?

Transmitted from somewhere in space... from my Nexus S... and Tapatalk.
 
IIIV
Old
#3  
IIIV's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 593
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by flodb113 View Post
Sorry to ask, but what? You mean you press them when powering up the phone? If not, could you post a screenshot?

Transmitted from somewhere in space... from my Nexus S... and Tapatalk.
Yes, I accidentally press them when powering on or off my NS. Try holding the power and volume up buttons. Your NS will vibrate and bring up your default email app and compose a bugfix/bugreport email for you.
 
ghost_301
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 59
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIV View Post
Yes, I accidentally press them when powering on or off my NS. Try holding the power and volume up buttons. Your NS will vibrate and bring up your default email app and compose a bugfix/bugreport email for you.
Exactly what I am searching online for. I always get the sharing options appear out of nowhere and only realise that it is trying to send a bug report.

After some extended searching, I finally knew how it was activated. By pressing Volume up + Volume down + power button, you will feel a vibration after a second or so, that's when the bug reporting initiated.

http://code.google.com/p/ics-crespo/...094f6587b4b675

However, I have no idea how to disable it. It become very annoying especially when waking up the phone from sleep and you find that your device is lagging because of the bug report generation.

Any help?
 
Uni7
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 33
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_301 View Post
Exactly what I am searching online for. I always get the sharing options appear out of nowhere and only realise that it is trying to send a bug report.

After some extended searching, I finally knew how it was activated. By pressing Volume up + Volume down + power button, you will feel a vibration after a second or so, that's when the bug reporting initiated.

http://code.google.com/p/ics-crespo/...094f6587b4b675

However, I have no idea how to disable it. It become very annoying especially when waking up the phone from sleep and you find that your device is lagging because of the bug report generation.

Any help?
Turn off USB debugging.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uni7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
IIIV
Old
#6  
IIIV's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 593
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hawaii
The solution that I've found, without turning off USB debugging, is renaming the file "bugmailer.sh" (to something like "bugmailer.sh-backup"), which is found in /system/bin.

P.S. For me, I need USB debugging turned on, because it is required by Titanium Backup, which I often use. If you don't need USB debugging turned on all the time, you could just turn it off, like Uni7 posted, and it'll also solve this issue.

Galaxy S III I9300
R.I.P. Nexus S I9020T
The Following User Says Thank You to IIIV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Uni7
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 33
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIV View Post
The solution that I've found, without turning off USB debugging, is renaming the file "bugmailer.sh" (to something like "bugmailer.sh-backup"), which is found in /system/bin.

P.S. For me, I need USB debugging turned on, because it is required by Titanium Backup, which I often use. If you don't need USB debugging turned on all the time, you could just turn it off, like Uni7 posted, and it'll also solve this issue.
You shouldn't need USB debugging for TB on any new rom. From official FAQ:

Quote:
40. Why does Titanium Backup demand that the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) be enabled? I don't develop on my phone and don't want this.

The only reason is that on some ROMs, earlier versions of Superuser (the app that grants root privileges) didn't work properly if ADB (USB debugging) was disabled. This is why I added the warning at startup.
Nowadays, on most ROMs you can leave USB debugging disabled in your phone settings and also disable that warning in Titanium Backup. The option is: MENU -> Preferences -> "Warn if no USB debug".
 
ghost_301
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 59
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni7 View Post
You shouldn't need USB debugging for TB on any new rom. From official FAQ:
Thanks for the info, it works! Never know it's the USB Debugging option, guess I never explore deep enough. :P

Thanks again!
 
mcalamelli
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fiumicino - FC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni7 View Post
Turn off USB debugging.
[CM9 nightly] unluckly this doesn't help
 
DarkhShadow
Old
#10  
DarkhShadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 1,798
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIV View Post
The solution that I've found, without turning off USB debugging, is renaming the file "bugmailer.sh" (to something like "bugmailer.sh-backup"), which is found in /system/bin.

P.S. For me, I need USB debugging turned on, because it is required by Titanium Backup, which I often use. If you don't need USB debugging turned on all the time, you could just turn it off, like Uni7 posted, and it'll also solve this issue.






Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalamelli View Post
[CM9 nightly] unluckly this doesn't help


Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S
 
Phone: Nexus 4
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Faux123 kernel and PA4 early build
---
Phone: Nexus S (GT-i9020T)
BB6
Unlocked bootloader, TWRP 2.1.1, Marmite v7 and rooted
---
Tablet: Nexus 7
AOKP JB Build (something)
Unlocked, Franco kernel (latest), rooted
---

Quinny899 "Typical Android Market User..."

WHY U NO WORK?
I HATE YOU!
ONE STAR UNTIL THIS <insert bullsh*t here> IS FIXED

---


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes